Looking for new keyboard to replace Logitech G710+

note235

Supreme [H]ardness
I like the cherry browns. But some of the keys and some of the caps underneath are failing. Anyone have any recs under $100? preferably around $50?

Here's the problem:

You will not get a keyboard that uses "genuine" Cherry mechanical switches for anywhere close to $50. In fact, you might get a keyboard that uses a no-name or a lesser-name equivalent to the Cherry switches - but more likely you will get a keyboard with membrane switches.

If you want a cheap mechanical keyboard, there are plenty, but as has been noted you'll likely not be using actual Cherry MX switches. If that matters to you or not is basically all it comes down to. Some other switch manufactures are preferred by snobs over Cherry MX, but like all things so much of this comes down to preference.
Keychron has cheap ANSI mechanicals (they use primarily Gateron - I'd recommend using these in wired mode if possible). You can look into Hexgears (American made, they use Khailh I think). Or if you want other knockoffs, even Anker makes a mechanical keyboard. All of these will likely be fine for people just trying to get a decent typist keyboard. Even more so if they're wired (so you have less of a chance having to worry about crappy cheap Bluetooth connections).

EDIT: Also you didn't really even specify a lot of other features of the keyboard. You want full size 104, you want TLK, media keys, bluetooth, literally any feature what-so-ever?

Thats the last really good keyboard logitech has made. If it were me id replace the switches and get some nice keycaps

I really love it. Tried the Orion's and couldn't make it work.

I contacted logitech and they said it's $30 for caps,so I might do that.

I've been really happy with my HyperX keyboard using the "Aqua" switches which imo are pretty comparable to the browns. I got it either on sale or from Amazon Warehouse Deals (can't remember) for around $65 at the time.

Back