Looking for monitor with dual inputs

CyberCRAP

Gawd
Alright, my ps790 is slowly dieing. It keeps contracting the image horizontally till it uses about half the screen and then it pops back a few seconds later. Keeps happening more and more frequent. I currently have two systems setup using its bnc connectors and its 15pin input. So, I'm looking for a monitor to replace it that has either a bnc and a 15pin connection, or 2 15pin connections. I have tried using a belkin kvm and their gold plated cables with a 1 input monitor and the video quality was just total crap.

I have been looking at the nec fp2141, but it is $600 and I would like to see if there are any good monitors that are cheaper. Also I really don't need a 22in monitor, been perfectly happy with my 19. The monitor will be used mostly for programming and web surfing and such, but I also like to game, so I need something with good sharp text and it absolutely has to support atleast 1280x1024 @85hz.

I have also been looking at the mitsubishi fp930 for $300, and it seems to be the perfect monitor except it only has 1 input. Are there any monitors of this caliber with 2 inputs under $400?

Thanks for any help you guys can give me.

it would probably be cheaper to get a regular moniter with a kvm switch. A moniter with 2 inputs sounds strange.

I have a Viewsonic G810 21" for 300$ although it doesnt have dual inputs :(

Originally posted by Copyright
I have a Viewsonic G810 21" for 300$ although it doesnt have dual inputs :(

Thanx for the offer, but as I stated above I need a dual input monitor to run both my systems. KVM's are not an option for me. They just plain suck when it comes to video quality.

ummmm no they dont.

Originally posted by CyberCRAP
Thanx for the offer, but as I stated above I need a dual input monitor to run both my systems. KVM's are not an option for me. They just plain suck when it comes to video quality.

I had a KVM and didnt notice any video loss... I did have to raise my refresh rate under display options tho. Windows raised it automatically with out the KVM in place.

Originally posted by Whatsisname
ummmm no they dont.

I've yet to see a a KVM that didn't degrade signal quality to some degree. Unless you are running DVI/ADC I think it is unavoidable. Beter KVM's/Cables make a big difference though. Keep in mind my experience was on Mitsu 22" monitors and Sony 21" Monitors at 1600x1200 so a lower resolution or lesser monitor might not show the difference as well.

Back