Looking for Gigabyte X570 Ryzen Memory Overclocking Guide

Epos7

Gawd
I have some B-die sticks I've been running at XMP since I got them, but I thought I'd like to try some overclocking to see if there's any measurable performance difference. There are some useful guides floating around about how to use Typhoon Burner and Ryzen DRAM Calculator to figure out which timings to use for your sticks. That's all great, but Gigabyte has done a fantastic job of making it difficult to figure out exactly how to get those timings set in your BIOS.

My X570 bios has two separate sections where I can set memory timings. One is under AMD Overclocking Options and one is not, although not all settings are the same in both areas.

I spent some time trying both, but I couldn't seem to boot with the timings set. I think this is likely due to the BIOS, so I'm wondering if anyone has come across any helpful guides specific to Gigabyte BIOS?

Thanks!

Great guide here.
https://github.com/integralfx/MemTestHelper/blob/oc-guide/DDR4 OC Guide.md

Some great info in this thread
https://www.overclock.net/threads/o...24-7-memory-stability-thread.1628751/page-304

Set what you can in the section that is not AMD overclocking and just go there for anything you can't find elsewhere which on my B550 MB is just the chipset V.

If you show us what you tried to run I may be able to suggest some changes that could get it working.

A good program to test the performance gains from RAM overclocking is 3dmark Timespy CPU test although run to run variance can be around 200 points it is relatively sensitive to RAM speed changes (More than some games less than others)

Last edited:
Great info, pretty much exactly what I'd been searching for. Thank you!

I'll have some time this weekend to tinker some more - will post my results when I do.

Thanks for the heads up on Timespy. I ran it before I tried overclocking a couple days ago, although I'm not sure if I ran the CPU specific test.

Back