Looking for free software for gpu benchmark test for windows xp.

ksingh707

n00b
Hello, I am looking for a free software for benchmark testing for graphic cards. I only have a windows xp system and I need it to be 34 bit. If anyone has any information I would appreciate it.

I remember several years ago trying to use Windows XP. It wasn't pretty. Hardly anything runs on it. I'm guessing you're doing this as part of a challenge or interesting YouTube project.

I remember several years ago trying to use Windows XP. It wasn't pretty. Hardly anything runs on it. I'm guessing you're doing this as part of a challenge or interesting YouTube project.

Complete nonsense. You were probably trying to use Windows XP for things it was never designed to do. It'd be like saying Windows 10 isn't pretty and hardly runs anything because realmode DOS programs don't run on it.

Windows XP had a 13 year lifespan, and was backwards compatible with the majority of older Windows software, even back into the 16 bit era. There is decades of software that will run on it, just because it doesn't run Call of Booty 69: Electric Boogaloo DX12 64 bit edition doesn't constitute "hardly anything runs on it".

Complete nonsense. You were probably trying to use Windows XP for things it was never designed to do. It'd be like saying Windows 10 isn't pretty and hardly runs anything because realmode DOS programs don't run on it.

Windows XP had a 13 year lifespan, and was backwards compatible with the majority of older Windows software, even back into the 16 bit era. There is decades of software that will run on it, just because it doesn't run Call of Booty 69: Electric Boogaloo DX12 64 bit edition doesn't constitute "hardly anything runs on it".
Well he’s right, you can’t even get drivers for lots of modern hardware. he isn’t talking about how well it was supported back when it was supported.

Well he’s right, you can’t even get drivers for lots of modern hardware. he isn’t talking about how well it was supported back when it was supported.
Well his actual intended use and attempted use are all missing from the context of his post.

That just goes back to using Windows XP for things it was never designed to do. Installing Windows XP on an i9-12900k is just as silly as trying to install Windows 10 on a Pentium 3 and expecting there to be proper support for everything.

Even if hardware developers wanted to support modern hardware on XP, it's not possible. There has long been a split on BIOS vs UEFI, which XP has no concept of and in no way will support. Modern video cards for example with UEFI firmware will never work, on top of the memory mapping issues. XP has a 32 bit address space, which in no way will fit even a 2 GB video card due to overlapping system memory and peripherals.

If you use XP within its original design limits, it's still a functional OS to this day. I still use XP in a VM on my second monitor to run old software that doesn't work on more modern versions of Windows or Linux.

That just goes back to using Windows XP for things it was never designed to do. Installing Windows XP on an i9-12900k is just as silly as trying to install Windows 10 on a Pentium 3 and expecting there to be proper support for everything.

Even if hardware developers wanted to support modern hardware on XP, it's not possible. There has long been a split on BIOS vs UEFI, which XP has no concept of and in no way will support. Modern video cards for example with UEFI firmware will never work, on top of the memory mapping issues. XP has a 32 bit address space, which in no way will fit even a 2 GB video card due to overlapping system memory and peripherals.

If you use XP within its original design limits, it's still a functional OS to this day. I still use XP in a VM on my second monitor to run old software that doesn't work on more modern versions of Windows or Linux.

Well, I actually don't remember what all I tried, but I realized many everyday applications didn't work (like chrome). I'll concede if you run XP in a VM for specific legacy apps then it should be perfectly serviceable. The machine I tried it on was an old OEM unit with the original windows XP license. I ended up formatting the drive and installing Ubuntu. It only needed basic office apps (Libre Office/Google docs) and a modern browser. That's it

Well, I actually don't remember what all I tried, but I realized many everyday applications didn't work (like chrome). I'll concede if you run XP in a VM for specific legacy apps then it should be perfectly serviceable. The machine I tried it on was an old OEM unit with the original windows XP license. I ended up formatting the drive and installing Ubuntu. It only needed basic office apps (Libre Office/Google docs) and a modern browser. That's it

Yeah, you aren't going to get any modern version of a web browser on XP, both Google and Mozilla dropped support for it 5+ years ago. The only choices are to run the last supported versions of those browsers, or one of the few community forks of Firefox that still do. But even if you run one of those, the security certificates on XP have been revoked and/or are hideously out of date, thus websites that use SSL/TLS aren't going to work at all.

The certificates being invalid causes another problem where you can't activate the OS anymore, so you have to resort to using activation cracks or have a VLK version. I have the latter for all of my XP installs.

Yeah, you aren't going to get any modern version of a web browser on XP, both Google and Mozilla dropped support for it 5+ years ago. The only choices are to run the last supported versions of those browsers, or one of the few community forks of Firefox that still do. But even if you run one of those, the security certificates on XP have been revoked and/or are hideously out of date, thus websites that use SSL/TLS aren't going to work at all.

The certificates being invalid causes another problem where you can't activate the OS anymore, so you have to resort to using activation cracks or have a VLK version. I have the latter for all of my XP installs.
Yeah, those are the sorts of things I was referring to. I didn't mean to be dismissive of legacy apps running on XP in a VM. It makes sense for someone to use it that way.

If you have a running XP system then you should have no issues. Just need to locate the correct Benchmark.

Back