Looking for a PXE server similar to Serva but open source / free

Flea77

Limp Gawd
Looking for a solution like Serva, where I can PXE boot to a menu of OSs to install (install, not deploy from images). Need to be able to do various Windows installs (7, 8.1, 10, 2016, 2019, 2022), Linux installs would be really awesome too, and if it could boot to another image such as a PXE USB with utilities on it that would be a huge bonus but not required.

I don't care what the OS it needs to run on is, Win/Linux/Whatever.

I very much liked Serva, but am not into paying for software for the rest of my life. Don't mind one-time payments with a reasonable price, but of course, free is better even if I have to do more work to get it working. This is for personal, non-commercial use at the moment.

Ideas, suggestions, pointers, all welcome. Thanks!

Any linux install with dnsmasq (DHCP + TFTP + PXE) will get ya there. Should only take about 10 minutes to setup, give or take.

Getting a basic pxeboot setup going from linux isn't too hard (not sure about 10 minutes though), but I haven't had much luck with running Windows installers from a basic pxe setup. It needs/wants some other things and it always gets too fiddly for me, since I don't usually have more than one or two machines to do; easier to just find a usb stick at that point.

Back