Looking for a E-atx case

Psycrow

Gawd
Hi

Im looking for at E-atx case for this motherboard
https://rog.asus.com/motherboards/rog-maximus/rog-maximus-xiii-extreme-model/spec

And i have been looking a Phantek https://www.phanteks.com/Eclipse-P500A-DRGB.html
98402b02-4d47-4ee1-a546-9d2a732ef30b.jpg

But if you look carefully on the front panel where the fans are, then i dislike these metal brackets bars that sort of covers a bit of each side on the 120 mm fans.
Do anyone know if the 120 mm fans can be installed on the other side of the bracket. The outerside so to say. ?

or else sugegst me a E-atx case mid size in black with a window panel for Argb. I got my own fans so it dosent matter if they are incl or not.

Do you care about a ridiculous number of hard drive bays or multiple large radiator mounting points?

If going Fractal I would look into the Torrent, Steve from Gamers Nexus liked that one a lot

Hi

Im looking for at E-atx case for this motherboard
https://rog.asus.com/motherboards/rog-maximus/rog-maximus-xiii-extreme-model/spec

And i have been looking a Phantek https://www.phanteks.com/Eclipse-P500A-DRGB.html
View attachment 407347

But if you look carefully on the front panel where the fans are, then i dislike these metal brackets bars that sort of covers a bit of each side on the 120 mm fans.
Do anyone know if the 120 mm fans can be installed on the other side of the bracket. The outerside so to say. ?

or else sugegst me a E-atx case mid size in black with a window panel for Argb. I got my own fans so it dosent matter if they are incl or not.
those bars youre asking about are the 120 mounts, the included fans are 140mm. the bars are non removeable. fans might fit in the bottom and mid, but the top probably wont due to the angle for the front panel.

I'm using a Fractal Define 7 XL, which is the same interior as the Meshify 2 - just with a front door instead of mesh. I'd say that if you're not going custom water cooling or need a ridiculous number of hard drives, the regular Meshify 2 would probably be more than adequate as it's pretty damn big.

That said, with my 8 hard drives, I absolutely love my 7 XL.

I'm using a Fractal Define 7 XL, which is the same interior as the Meshify 2 - just with a front door instead of mesh. I'd say that if you're not going custom water cooling or need a ridiculous number of hard drives, the regular Meshify 2 would probably be more than adequate as it's pretty damn big.

That said, with my 8 hard drives, I absolutely love my 7 XL.
I see...the thing is i want a E-atx motherboard and i seen on youtube how the E- atx fits barly inthe meshify 2 case since its gona block half of the cable routing holes..and i haft to cram a atx power cable sidways thru that hole rather than upside and down
Since imgetting the maximus extreme xiii asus board. You can see how the atx is installed sideways. Also i wan tto have my gpu vertical using a 4.0 bracket riser since i have a noctua NH u12a cooler then thats gona be very narrow also. Thats the 2 main reason i want that huge case. Also i see there is is lots of space for some argb phantek led strips also..so another reason.

Or i could plant the extreme chibby robot from auros i have inside the case :D
Also i would love to have some extra space for cable routing and argb riing quad fans control boxes.

Do you know if there is any Fractal pcie 4.0 bracket and riser ?

you can see the E atx card he uses here

BTW Do anyone know if there is any pcie 4.0 bracket + riser for meshify 2 xl case or just the meshify 2.
If anyone knows if any of the 4.0 brackets fits ?

Last edited:
I'd imagine the one for the regular meshify 2 would fit fine? But I don't use any risers in my case.

I'd imagine the one for the regular meshify 2 would fit fine? But I don't use any risers in my case.
Yes but it sonly 3.0 riser cable an di got a 3080 ti card. So unless i can use the bracket and change the cable some how.

I was also wondering about the case fans. I want the riing quad fans but since this case is Xl i was wondering about the size 120 mm or 140 mm.
120 mm seems to fit better than the 140 mm and i can install 4 x 120 mm and 3 x 140 mm in the top and front.
There are these bezels or screw brackets that seems to block 140 mm from showing the whole fan.

if you look here is 2 x 140 mm fans installed but he changes em to 120 mm.

Also what would be best airflow 3 x 140 or 4 x 120

140mm, absolutely.
I have 6x 140mm in my case (3 front, 2 top, 1 rear) a 120mm under my GPU.

The case is so big that I don't think 120mm in the front would push enough air unless they were super loud.

140mm, absolutely.
I have 6x 140mm in my case (3 front, 2 top, 1 rear) a 120mm under my GPU.

The case is so big that I don't think 120mm in the front would push enough air unless they were super loud.

That is what i was worried about..the airflow from a 120 mm compared to 140 mm.
I realy like this case but i hate the front brackets that covers some of the fans in the sides. I dont understand why you cant install the fans on the outerside

Back