Look at the 4080 launch price chart compared to the last 8 launches omg wow

I don’t see 4080 pricing as “greed” pricing - after all, greed means maximizing revenue and profit. Let’s compare that “greed” goal versus what nVidia is doing:

1. Virtually no supply of 4090s… which means not much revenue

2. 4080s priced so high that few people are buying them. My local store has them sitting on shelves. So, not much revenue here either.

3. All this to supposedly “clear out” 3080 and 3090 inventory… but what inventory? I don’t see much of either online. There’s certainly none locally. So, limited revenue there as well.

This isn’t greed pricing. This is dumb pricing. Greed pricing would mean pricing to maximize revenue.

The point is they are trying to be greedy, good thing the 4080 flopped. No matter the inventory of 4090, it is flying off the shelves and is priced astronomically high. Call it what you want, it's ridiculously overpriced. "Inflation", "Moore's law is dead", "COVID", is all a bunch of excuses to get away with it. I miss the days of under 1k GPUs. Long gone. Now a days it is literally an out of control free-for-all shit show with Nvidia because AMD can't compete at the highest end. Go for a value 3000 series. Then when the 5000 series arrives go for a nice 4000 series card being offloaded for heavy discount. I just got a 3070 for 350 which was good value. I suggest you guys do the same. Bleeding edge only means bleeding bank account in this day in age.

So I feel dumb for just finding out that 4080 and 4090 use the same damn size cooler? LMAO I thought it would be little smaller so I can easily fit my side panel with plug in if I was to consider one. I am not sure wtf to make of it. Why do that to the 4080 lmao.
It would be nice if smaller options were offered. It could easily use the 3080ti/3090 style cooler since it uses less power. However, the 4080 does run quite cool because of the massive cooler, which means it keeps quite high boost clocks stock without touching anything.

Is it possible (and ultimately expected) that Nvidia will drop MSRP once they feel enough of the 3080 and 3090 stock has been depleted?

Maybe, but my feeling is that they might shave 100 off and that's it. To make it look like they are doing is a favor when they are really trying to rip everyone off.

So I feel dumb for just finding out that 4080 and 4090 use the same damn size cooler? LMAO I thought it would be little smaller so I can easily fit my side panel with plug in if I was to consider one. I am not sure wtf to make of it. Why do that to the 4080 lmao.
I believe this is the appropriate time for this meme:

1670132241925.png

If they held a gun to your head and made you pay for their GPU's then I'd agree they are ripping you off. If you buy voluntarily then there's no rip-off.
Interesting take, which I completely disagree with lol. No matter if I buy it or not the price is way too high. This is an accepted fact that probably %90 of consumers agrees with. I guess this makes you part of the %10 lol "if you buy voluntarily then there's no rip-off" I said they are trying to ripp you off but anyway lmao yea, it's ok to be the odd man out, everyone is entitled to their own opinion haha.

Last edited:
Interesting take, which I completely disagree with lol. No matter if I but it or not the price is way too high. This is an accepted fact that probably %90 of consumers agrees with. I guess this makes you part of the %10 lol "if you buy voluntarily then there's no rip-off" I said they are trying to ripp you off but anyway lmao yea, it's ok to be the odd man out, everyone is entitled to their own opinion haha.
When 90% (less actually) of customers agree the price it too high we'll see change. I suspect we're at that point with the 4080 and most likely the 7900's. Everyone knows the bulk of the market is at less than $300-$400. No sense in crying over high-end cards that comprise an insignificant part (other than the halo effect) of the consumer market.

When 90% (less actually) of customers agree the price it too high we'll see change. I suspect we're at that point with the 4080 and most likely the 7900's. Everyone knows the bulk of the market is at less than $300-$400. No sense in crying over high-end cards that comprise an insignificant part (other than the halo effect) of the consumer market.
No, it is not guaranteed that if the majority agrees well see change. That is up to nvidia. Unless you are Jenson in the leather jacket himself lol. Also I could have sworn this was a public forum and the correct place to discuss technology and It's pricing. The only thing that is "no sense" is you "crying" about us discussing tech related topics on a tech related forum, lol. If it makes you feel uncomfortable or bothered don't participate. As you can see the majority of this thread agrees. Again, you are the odd man out lol.

No, it is not guaranteed that if the majority agrees well see change. That is up to nvidia. Unless you are Jenson in the leather jacket himself lol. Also I could have sworn this was a public forum and the correct place to discuss technology and It's pricing. The only thing that is "no sense" is you "crying" about us discussing tech related topics on a tech related forum, lol. If it makes you feel uncomfortable or bothered don't participate. As you can see the majority of this thread agrees. Again, you are the odd man out lol.
I'm not uncomfortable at all. Supply and demand is real. Reduce demand by not paying the asking price and the price goes down till it sells. Pretty simple actually.

Don't buy it if it doesn't meet your pricing expectations. More power to you and all consumers that do so. My point stands on halo cards. Makes no sense at all to cry about that pricing. They will always be as high as the market will bear. The market is bearing it really well it would appear.

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4080 Reportedly Getting Price Cut By Mid of December To Make It Competitive Against AMD’s 7900 XTX

Now, as per a report by the Chinese Board Channels, certain sources have pointed out that NVIDIA is prepping up a price cut for the GeForce RTX 4080 graphics card. The price cut is expected to be announced by the mid of December which is right when AMD's Radeon RX 7900 series cards will be available on retail shelves.

If this turns out to be true, then this sucks for anyone who was suckered into buying one of these. Would basically be one month from launch that the price already dropped.

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4080 Reportedly Getting Price Cut By Mid of December To Make It Competitive Against AMD’s 7900 XTX

Now, as per a report by the Chinese Board Channels, certain sources have pointed out that NVIDIA is prepping up a price cut for the GeForce RTX 4080 graphics card. The price cut is expected to be announced by the mid of December which is right when AMD's Radeon RX 7900 series cards will be available on retail shelves.

If this turns out to be true, then this sucks for anyone who was suckered into buying one of these. Would basically be one month from launch that the price already dropped.

Hopefully the retailer does price match since its holidays and people get a refund. IDK if amazon or newegg are doing it but I usually buy expensive shit from Best Buy as they price adjust pretty easy if there is a price drop. Amazon normally doesn't do it not sure about holiday period. They normally tell you to buy new one and return the old one.

Hopefully the retailer does price match since its holidays and people get a refund. IDK if amazon or newegg are doing it but I usually buy expensive shit from Best Buy as they price adjust pretty easy if there is a price drop. Amazon normally doesn't do it not sure about holiday period. They normally tell you to buy new one and return the old one.
I think the holiday rules for BB is 60 days from purchase. I had a 4090 build at cyberpowerpc that I canceled and did not want to change out my PS in my current computer so I went with a 4080 and used OCT23EMOB1 when using the BB CCard. Knocked $120 off and I do not know if it still works since the FE is out of stock.

I think the holiday rules for BB is 60 days from purchase. I had a 4090 build at cyberpowerpc that I canceled and did not want to change out my PS in my current computer so I went with a 4080 and used OCT23EMOB1 when using the BB CCard. Knocked $120 off and I do not know if it still works since the FE is out of stock.
when did you use the code? I think BB is on them and stopped allowing these codes anymore it seems.

This has happened a lot in the past, and is exactly the reason why you don't buy new tech the day in launches, especially when a competitive part is about to drop.

That assumes it happens though. It may or may not.

Yea I just got refunded 43 dollars for my 980 pro I bought on October 29th. Definitely get your money back if you find it cheaper from an official source.

This has happened a lot in the past, and is exactly the reason why you don't buy new tech the day in launches, especially when a competitive part is about to drop.

That assumes it happens though. It may or may not.
Yup sucks for early adopters, but Nvidia knew they were getting greedy for the 4080 and it's not exactly flying off store shelves.

They can't leave their inventory gathering dust and watch AMD sell all their 7900XTXs during the busiest holiday season of the year!

Nvidia will just have to settle for less margin and sell at a more sane price.

I don't know, even a $200 cut for the 4080 is laughable to me if the 7900 series stumps it. Who thinks at $999 a 4080 is a good deal? With AIBs higher? Not sure what Nvidia was smoking when they put that price tag on the 4080.

If this is true, rip whatever wind poor AMD had in the Radeon sails this generation. If benches come out and show the 7900XTX can only trade blows with a 4080 (wins some games, loses in others). At that point the only people that will buy one are AMD fans.
I don't know, even a $200 cut for the 4080 is laughable to me if the 7900 series stumps it. Who thinks at $999 a 4080 is a good deal? With AIBs higher? Not sure what Nvidia was smoking when they put that price tag on the 4080.
Betting more 4080's would sell than 7900XTX's, both being $999. Firstly, Nvidia can pump them out more consistently (I mean they already have tons out there to being with); and secondly, they also have better mind share.

Last edited:
Consider that they have a link to the news source that they tag with the name, "actual source" and it is nothing but a link to a pic of Jensen Huang.

Wccftech is a joke.

I get your hate for wccftech but I have reservations about nvidia pricing these days. So I will assum 899.99 until its otherwise.

Same shit different name and same price. Make it make sense lmao. I would have liked this at 699.99 or $749.99 max.

https://wccftech.com/nvidia-mulling-pricing-geforce-rtx-4070-ti-around-899-msrp/
I saw the 4070ti for 900 coming a mile away. Face palm, what a letdown. Jenson is a scum bag asshole. We want to play video games not buying a Lamborghini ffs. This "business is business" type attitude is horseshit "it's worth what people will pay" "moore's law is dead" fawk this clown fiesta that nvidia has turned into. Prices are too high making this hobby a shit show lol I wish i liked amd but I don't. I'm stuck in this abusive relationship with nvidia lmao

I saw the 4070ti for 900 coming a mile away. Face palm, what a letdown. Jenson is a scum bag asshole. We want to play video games not buying a Lamborghini ffs. This "business is business" type attitude is horseshit "it's worth what people will pay" "moore's law is dead" fawk this clown fiesta that nvidia has turned into. Prices are too high making this hobby a shit show lol I wish i liked amd but I don't. I'm stuck in this abusive relationship with nvidia lmao
Just Nvidia? Why is AMD charging $900 for a 7900xt?

Just Nvidia? Why is AMD charging $900 for a 7900xt?
I get your point and it’s valid to criticize them. But 7900xt right now is a no buy and amd probably even knows it. 7900xtx is the best for money and it’s priced that way. I think 7900xt is just there to upsell you. I see the 7900xt dropped to 799.99 late q1 or so when they want to push these more after they are done pushing 7900xtx.

So now we're at "AMD won't beat the 4070". Maybe, just maybe, they saw that the 4080 pricing was a ploy much like many of the rest of us.

So now we're at "AMD won't beat the 4070". Maybe, just maybe, they saw that the 4080 pricing was a ploy much like many of the rest of us.
So then why would they leave $100-$200 on the table when they could have just announced the 7900XTX is $1099 and made even more margin while still undercutting the 4080?

Makes no sense to me. They're a publicly traded company like nvidia, they exist to make money.

So then why would they leave $100-$200 on the table when they could have just announced the 7900XTX is $1099 and made even more margin while still undercutting the 4080?

Makes no sense to me. They're a publicly traded company like nvidia, they exist to make money.
Who knows. It's all baseless speculation for the fanbois on both sides until the actual numbers come out. I'm just amused how far we go down the product stack that AMD won't compete with before launch lol.

Back