Logitech MX Master 3 Driving Me Out of My Mind

DeadlyAura

Supreme [H]ardness
Got the MX Master 3 running on my Windows 10 machine. OS and mouse drivers updated fully.

The mouse seemingly "goes to sleep" after 1 second of inactivity. If I keep moving it, scrolling, etc. it works absolutely flawlessly. No input lag, nothing. But, if I stop moving for more than a second at a time, and then try to move it again, there is no input. But then, it's as if the input buffered, and all of the input dumps at once. All of my clicks, movements, scrolls, etc. all will get input, after about a 1 second delay.

As far as I can tell, there is no setting that I can change in any of the Logitech apps to change this sleep time, or to disable it. I literally cannot function like this. I'm working in an office, I transition from typing to scrolling, etc. constantly.

I've also tried the unifying receiver on all 3 channels and different USB ports, and also connected the mouse via Bluetooth. It's the same issue regardless of the input.

I have the MX Master (original) at home, and I've never had this issue, and I absolutely LOVE it. I can't imagine a mouse that is 2 generations newer, to have an issue this glaring.

Please help me...... My sanity depends on it.

I would try it on a different PC if you can. If it works fine on another PC you know something is messed up on your PC, otherwise it's probably the mouse itself.
You could also try uninstalling all the logitech apps and drivers. It should at least have basic functionality without them.

Go into device manager and open the mouse's driver properties window. One of the tabs has a bunch of properties in a combo box, look for the ones related to power and see what they're set to.

Also check your power plan's settings, it may have settings related to input/usb devices.

O have the MXM3 and I don't ha e this issue, however I have it connected via Bluetooth and not the unifying receiver.

So, I made sure my OS was up to date. Removed and reinstalled the drivers, tried to update the mouse firmware (it was already updated), etc. Finally, I took the unifying adapter and the mouse, plugged it in to another PC. Re-paired it with the unifying adapter on channel 1, and verified that the issue does not exist on another PC.

So, I move it back to my PC.... And it works. No issue, it just works.

I... I'm just at a loss. I have no idea what the hell is going on...

If it starts acting up again, I'll update this thread. But for now.... it's working.

Their adapters have issues with USB 3.0 ports, as retarded as that sounds. I had to switch mine to Bluetooth to get it to work smoothly. Still makes me mad to think about.

Their adapters have issues with USB 3.0 ports, as retarded as that sounds. I had to switch mine to Bluetooth to get it to work smoothly. Still makes me mad to think about.
Basic solution for that is to get USB extension cable and move dongle away from computer.

Did your old mouse use Logitech Gaming Software? New one using Ghub? If so, it may be related to that. Ghub is absolute garbage, and causes so many problems it's ridiculous. Even so far as borking some peoples systems to the point they have no mouse control and are frustrated enough to reformat. I would suggest taking the new mouse and plugging it into a different pc, if it behaves normally without the software installed. I would likely point it to ghub trying to constantly control and handle the mouse on the fly. If you need specific settings, binds, etc, that ghub offers. I would set it up once, and use Logitech's onboard memory manager instead of ghub. Which can be found here.

https://support.logi.com/hc/en-us/articles/360059641133

Now I will say I haven't used GHub lately. I tried once and absolutely HATED it. It is inferior to old LGS (Logitech Gaming Software), by leaps and bounds. Also Logitech seems incompetent in their software/driver support now-a-days. You would think being a few years after Ghub's release, they would fix the problems, but apparently new problems emerge with newer updates. The last one with their latest release breaking mice to the point where macro's stopped working, they would repeat forever when even set to single use do not repeat. Also causing issues with microphones inducing static. I could go on and on, but it's literally a joke of a software pack. I was planning on nabbing a g502 lightspeed to go wireless, and maybe pick up a g915 keyboard. But knowing that I have to use Ghub, completely shuts down that path for me. Got three G502's (one BNIB), and two G903's (One BNIB), going to have to stock up on LGS compatible mice, as newer firmware versions/revisions aren't compatible. I'm just praying Logitech gets their head out of their asses and fixes their stuff. It's not a good sign when you go to the logitech subreddit, and it's just filled with people complaining about Ghub in recent posts, years after release. Especially when some users spend 400 on the top tier mice/keyboard, only to have a dysfunctional mess of an experience thanks to broken, buggy, and complicated software compared to their previous offering.

Hopefully this helps, did help me let off some steam for my hatred for logitech's current direction....I love their hardware, but sheesh, they be blundering and losing customers over their decision to stick with this mess.

Back