Logitech G510 Keyboard replacement

TeleFragger

[H]ard|Gawd
I love my keyboard, but since I have got a logitech G935 headset, the new G-Hub does not support the keyboard.
Now... I have not installed either sw after my reinstall of the OS but it got me wondering...

Someday, my keyboard is going to die and I need to find a replacement as one of the G-Keys is wobbly...

now my uses..
I love and use the LCD... use it to do countdown timers, show FPS via MSI Afterburner
i use 8 of the G keys - mostly for work closing tickets with repetitive text

now that is the dilema, as I am not seeing any newer keyboards with LCD and G keys....

I am wondering if the G15 or G19 support the newer SW, but then at that, how long until they do not as well...

thoughts? just keep on rocking my old keyboard and no worries?

G-Hub just ruined everything. I'll never get another Logitech item ever again. The G510 was the last decent product I had from them.

I love my keyboard, but since I have got a logitech G935 headset, the new G-Hub does not support the keyboard.
Now... I have not installed either sw after my reinstall of the OS but it got me wondering...

Someday, my keyboard is going to die and I need to find a replacement as one of the G-Keys is wobbly...

now my uses..
I love and use the LCD... use it to do countdown timers, show FPS via MSI Afterburner
i use 8 of the G keys - mostly for work closing tickets with repetitive text

now that is the dilema, as I am not seeing any newer keyboards with LCD and G keys....

I am wondering if the G15 or G19 support the newer SW, but then at that, how long until they do not as well...

thoughts? just keep on rocking my old keyboard and no worries?

The new Logitech like the G910 have an "ARX Dock" (phone stand) and you use your phone's screen instead of the LCD built into the keyboard.

I really wanted the LCD screen way back when I upgraded from a G15 but in I never actually used it much so I ended up not missing it. I never tried out the software but I do find the phone stand quite useful.

If your keyboard works fine now and you like it you might as well just keep using it. I wanted mechanical keys so I upgraded as soon as there was a mechanical keyboard with dedicated media keys, volume scroll wheel, and macro keys. Corsair was the first to do that and their keyboards were ok, but I later switched to a Logitech 910 when it came out because I wanted better mechanical keys and it also has all those features.

The new Logitech like the G910 have an "ARX Dock" (phone stand) and you use your phone's screen instead of the LCD built into the keyboard.

I really wanted the LCD screen way back when I upgraded from a G15 but in I never actually used it much so I ended up not missing it. I never tried out the software but I do find the phone stand quite useful.

If your keyboard works fine now and you like it you might as well just keep using it. I wanted mechanical keys so I upgraded as soon as there was a mechanical keyboard with dedicated media keys, volume scroll wheel, and macro keys. Corsair was the first to do that and their keyboards were ok, but I later switched to a Logitech 910 when it came out because I wanted better mechanical keys and it also has all those features.
Thank you!!! I am sold!!!! well i will wait for now, but know what i will get next as yes mine currently works... thx!!!!

You might look for an opportunity to try the G910 before you buy it. It's not a bad keyboard, but it is mechanical whereas the G15, G19, G510, etc are membrane keyboards. Logitech went full-onboard with the rainbow-pride mechanical keyboard fad when they abandoned the G15, G19, G510 style keyboards. I know some swear by mechanical keyboards but the reality is that mechanical keyboards aren't "better" as much as they are simply different. The membrane keys used in the G15, G19, G510 style keyboards are very high quality. I tried to switch to a mechanical keyboard but I ended up hating every one I tried. The resistance to each keypress is just totally different - maybe you will like that, maybe you won't. I ended up with a Corsair K55, which is a high quality membrane keyboard with G-Keys on the left side, but no screen. I made very good use of the screen when I had a G15 and I was sad to see it go. There is a better solution though, one that does not force you to rely on any proprietary keyboard software. Just add an extra side monitor... Pretty much every videocard can support up to 3 monitors. Grab some old 20" Dell LCD from the thrift store for $20 and keep your FPS counter and countless other things up on there instead.

You might look for an opportunity to try the G910 before you buy it. It's not a bad keyboard, but it is mechanical whereas the G15, G19, G510, etc are membrane keyboards. Logitech went full-onboard with the rainbow-pride mechanical keyboard fad when they abandoned the G15, G19, G510 style keyboards. I know some swear by mechanical keyboards but the reality is that mechanical keyboards aren't "better" as much as they are simply different. The membrane keys used in the G15, G19, G510 style keyboards are very high quality. I tried to switch to a mechanical keyboard but I ended up hating every one I tried. The resistance to each keypress is just totally different - maybe you will like that, maybe you won't. I ended up with a Corsair K55, which is a high quality membrane keyboard with G-Keys on the left side, but no screen. I made very good use of the screen when I had a G15 and I was sad to see it go. There is a better solution though, one that does not force you to rely on any proprietary keyboard software. Just add an extra side monitor... Pretty much every videocard can support up to 3 monitors. Grab some old 20" Dell LCD from the thrift store for $20 and keep your FPS counter and countless other things up on there instead.
yeah i have a 32in on my left and 30in on my right.. problem is while gaming, i am so immersed and i do look down at the keys now and then, so like the screen... hmmm yeah got some more pondering to do

Back