Logitech Extreme 3d Pro $20

Nice deal on a basic no frills joystick. If you want to get into flight sims on the cheap this is a viable option. Great for other things like Mechwarrior type games and Elite Dangerous. Has many mappable buttons as well as a variable throttle lever, also a hatswitch. Springs in it are a little stiff for my liking but it gets the job done and I have been satisfied with mine.

IMO $20 is pretty [H].

For a long time these were totally sold out. Really good joystick, I've got one around somewhere.

I've had this Joystick since BF2. It's a fantastic joystick. VERY BASIC. But for $20 bucks I can think of much worse options.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B...=1&ascsubtag=go5th9qsk4x17wyd8s9qh3Fuhbd3dIox
Funny, I got this stick back in the day just for BF2 as well. I was much better in jets with it, but for helicopter I was much better with kb/m. I think I left batteries in it for several years unused and the contacts were completely ate up by the corrosion so it got thrown away. Tempted to pick this up again, but not sure what I'd play with it these days. I don't play online games anymore or Flight sims.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Funny, I got this stick back in the day just for BF2 as well. I was much better in jets with it, but for helicopter I was much better with kb/m. I think I left batteries in it for several years unused and the contacts were completely ate up by the corrosion so it got thrown away. Tempted to pick this up again, but not sure what I'd play with it these days. I don't play online games anymore or Flight sims.
Batteries?

I've always used mouse and keyboard for Battlefield games. I've tried the whole controller / flight stick thing but found it was more trouble having than on my desk than it was worth. That said, I know people that swear by this type of setup.

I would have loved something like this back in the day when I use to play that Comanche by NovaLogic. I think I may still have the 3.5" discs with the add-ons too lol. The crappy and expensive joysticks they had back then weren't my style, but this looks nice.

Would this stick be a stop-gap until you're really pro at flying in games like Battlefield so when you get really good something more expensive will scale with your skills. Or it's one of those things where a $50 stick ain't gonna make you better than this $20 stick? This would be my first stick for flying in BF, I might throw the giftcards from the turbotax deal on this :D

Would this stick be a stop-gap until you're really pro at flying in games like Battlefield so when you get really good something more expensive will scale with your skills. Or it's one of those things where a $50 stick ain't gonna make you better than this $20 stick? This would be my first stick for flying in BF, I might throw the giftcards from the turbotax deal on this :D
It’s a good stick. A stick that’s more money won’t make you better.

Yup... for $20 this is definitely a gateway drug joystick.

back when you needed skills to fly choppers in BF game. In desert combat mod , it was needed.

Back