lock keyboard ?

Snakebyt

[H]ard|Gawd
my cats are constantly getting on my keyboard dong all sorts of unknown stuff. Is there a good easy way to lock keyboard when i am away from my desk on windows 10?

You could use the windows lock function. Create a shortcut that reads

C:\Windows\System32\rundll32.exe user32.dll,LockWorkStation

and attach it to your task bar. But you may not like this method since you have to log back into windows when you return.

The only kind of cat I like is the swinging-from-a-rope-kind.
They never cause problems with keyboards.

You could use the windows lock function. Create a shortcut that reads

C:\Windows\System32\rundll32.exe user32.dll,LockWorkStation

and attach it to your task bar. But you may not like this method since you have to log back into windows when you return.

Just press window key + L

All you have to do is enter your password to get back in. Everything keeps running

A quick and simply trick akin to unplugging the usb would be to have a simple usb a/b switch and switch it to b when you want to 'lock' the keyboard, and then a when you want to work again. Depending on the usb recognition time, I'm pretty sure it would be faster than getting back in after a windows lock.

All these complicated solutions, just do something easy like changing all the keycaps to metal ones, and wiring them up to a switch leading to the nearest outlet.
poof no more cat on the keyboard.

It's actually a very common issue with owners with cats--they like to type as much as we do, lol.

Back