Live Nation (Ticketmaster) to pay 10 Million. Poached competitor's employee to use passwords to hack their network.

chameleoneel

Supreme [H]ardness
Only paying out $10 million. Its good to be a corporation.

According to a statement issued by the Justice Department on Wednesday, the five criminal counts facing Ticketmaster stemmed from a plot to infiltrate the computer system of ticket-seller rival CrowdSurge in a self-described attempt to “cut [the company] off at the knees.”

“Mead’s knowledge of his former employer’s passwords was so extensive that it enabled him to log in to the company’s backend during a 2014 Live Nation summit, where he reportedly offered executives a “product review” of CrowdSurge’s operations and led a demonstration of the smaller company’s internal systems.”

Ticketmaster To Pay $10 million After Illegally Hacking Rival's System (gizmodo.com)

Wow. That is legit criminal activity specifically done with the intent to hobble or destroy a competitor and the fine is less than their processing fees for a show at (insert local concert venue here).

Whoah.

Ticketmaster/LiveNation have competitors?

Who?
AXS is probably the biggest one that I know of. Alas, they all have insane fees. TM sucks, but at least you can get a printed ticket without paying 10 or 15 extra bucks.

AXS is probably the biggest one that I know of. Alas, they all have insane fees. TM sucks, but at least you can get a printed ticket without paying 10 or 15 extra bucks.
I haven't gone to a concert in a while but the last time I did a brought 4 tickets and fucker charged a $20 parking fee for each ticket. We went in one car.

last two concerts I went to were free, from the lawsuit against Ticketmaster, earlier in the decade.

Back