Listening mp3 songs/albums in the car

Hi,does anyone know where I could buy and download music, individual songs or entire albums in mp3 format? Which service would be best for that?
That I can do it on a computer and not on a mobile phone? I don't listen to music on my cell phone at all, I only rarely listen to it on a PC and for that I exclusively use youtube.com.

I don't understand anything about it, I used to download music a long time ago via torrent (the page that allowed me to do that collapsed, now it has reappeared, but they don't have anything anymore).
I've never used any service.
I only knew how to burn CDs to mp3, before I used to borrow original CDs from the library and listen to them. I don't even know if they have that anymore.

So it's important for me to be able to transfer mp3 songs to a microSD card because the radio in my car supports it. So it accepts a microSD card or a CD and it has to be in mp3 format because it doesn't accept FLAC, I tried that.
Just to mention that I am in Europe.
So that I can download mp3 songs and transfer them to microSD card or burn them to CD? Does such a thing exist?
Every day I'm in the car for about 1 hour, sometimes I can't listen to radio stations because they play stupid music or repeat themselves or talk nonsense.
This is how I would put American or some domestic music on the microSD, so I could listen whenever I wanted and what I want.
Thanks.

Last edited:
I bought 2 original CDs, but they came to me by mail, I can't physically buy a CD here at my place, at least as far as I know.
i bought a cd from alan jackson and bruce springsteen.
As for torrents and other things, I can't search for that and I don't even know where it is, I was registered on one but now they have practically nothing and nothing is freelech. I don't want to mess with that anymore.
Now there is practically no need for games from torrents and similar services when, for example, you can get free games every week at the epic games store. Or buy PC games at a discount.
And you don't have any problems like I had while patching everything, etc.
The only thing is that AAA games are always expensive and they are rarely on sale and you have to wait a few years after release for them to become cheaper and you need a powerful enough PC to be able to play decently.

That's why I'm looking for some online music service or site where I could easily find it and transfer it from the PC without it being too expensive.
When you say amazon you mean https://music.amazon.com/ ?
I see that there is also youtube music.

CDs arrived IMG_20230119_112658026.jpg

Looks like they are 240-260kbps though. I personally like to rip at 320kbps.
Amazon MP3 Downloads.jpg

All of my mp3 CDs are from 2009 when I bought my car. Haven't gotten a new vehicle or new music since then.

When I drive it's like going back in time. Anyone else like that?

My mp3 CDs got supplanted by FLAC and carputer in 2007, more recent cars read FLAC off of flash drives and have android auto that runs plexamp super well.

Who burns MP3s to CDs anymore? No one!
If you do that, why not just buy a CD from Amazon, rip to WAVs and to MP3?
Also, yes, for videos and MP3s YouTube is best; I have gotten lots of full albums in MP4.

Does your car have Bluetooth? Stream from your phone to the car with whatever commercial or personal streaming service.

How about USB in the car? Get a cheap portable HDD. Had a WD portable spinner in 3 successive vehicles for 10+ years loaded with music.

Downloads with no DRM? Qobuz

Does your car have Bluetooth? Stream from your phone to the car with whatever commercial or personal streaming service.

How about USB in the car? Get a cheap portable HDD. Had a WD portable spinner in 3 successive vehicles for 10+ years loaded with music.

Downloads with no DRM? Qobuz
Bluetooth in cars is gutter trash if you have a nice sound system. Android auto routes the audio over USB so you can bitstream things and it is glorious.

OP is using FM, imma go with they dont have a good enough sound system in the car for it to matter if he uses Bluetooth or not.

But they need to answer what they have as equipment to really go any farther than circular answers.

Now if they want to spend a few to many grand for a good sound system, let's roll. But even in the Cars section of this site their isn't much talk on sound systems.

mp3 format is very obsolete.

AAC and OPUS is superior audio format.

You can use jdownloader 2 on PC to download any Youtube videos into AAC, M4A, OPUS

Ima go with mp3s off youtube videos. You can grab as many songs or albums as you desire. Put them on a android device and use aux to a decent onboard sound system.

I used Amazon for a while to download in MP3 format before switching to Apple Music. Now I have ~250GB of Music just sitting there collecting vDust on my NAS.

How about fm transmitters are akin to the pits full of nuclear waste in Hanford, WA?
What about the OG aux cord you put in the cassette deck? I remember having a portable CD player that had a relative huge anti-vibration stand for the car with which you used the cassette adapter.

What about the OG aux cord you put in the cassette deck? I remember having a portable CD player that had a relative huge anti-vibration stand for the car with which you used the cassette adapter.
My brother had one of those and it sucked badly so I having been 16 in 2005 went from mp3 CDs to carputer. I do use a mini trs to type c adapter in my 9th gen 6spd Accord though because it has a custom sound system in it and a crap load of sound deadening.

Last edited:
why not go to HD Tracks or Qobuz and get hi-res flac's, that's if you want to pay for them. but there are ways around that.

My brother had one of those and it sucked badly so I having been 16 in 2005 went from mp3 CDs to carputer. I do use a mini trs to type c adapter in my 9th gen 6spd Accord though because it has a custom sound system in it and a crap load of sound deadening.
hey, don't hate ;) i've got a 2001 avalon w/ only a tape and cd player. i had one of those fm transmitter's but it doesn't work good, especially if anyone's broadcasting on those stations anywhere close to where you're at and i live close to big cities so i've been using one of those cassete adapters for a while now being i don't bring any of my cd's to get scratched up in the car. (got some rare expensive stuff) i use it with my Hi-Res DAP and even on the factory system through that adapter i can still hear the difference between mp3 and flac, especially because i turn it up louder. i don't have hardly any mp3's anymore tho

hey, don't hate ;) i've got a 2001 avalon w/ only a tape and cd player. i had one of those fm transmitter's but it doesn't work good, especially if anyone's broadcasting on those stations anywhere close to where you're at and i live close to big cities so i've been using one of those cassete adapters for a while now being i don't bring any of my cd's to get scratched up in the car. (got some rare expensive stuff) i use it with my Hi-Res DAP and even on the factory system through that adapter i can still hear the difference between mp3 and flac, especially because i turn it up louder. i don't have hardly any mp3's anymore tho
You could have put a different stereo in it though,and that's what I did to my 98 Accord.

mp3 format is very obsolete.

AAC and OPUS is superior audio format.

You can use jdownloader 2 on PC to download any Youtube videos into AAC, M4A, OPUS
You can tell that in a car driving environment? In the car you just need the tunes. Whichever way or format is easiset.

You can tell that in a car driving environment? In the car you just need the tunes. Whichever way or format is easiset.
You cannot download an mp3 on YouTube without transcoding.

You can download aac or opus directly on youtube.

My point is...once you start playing whatever in the car with all the background noise...you can't tell the difference.

Unless of course you are one of those self-professed "Golden Ear" folks that can detect one bit error in a 4 minute song. :LOL:

no car audio systems or DAP's play those formats. it's probably time to jump on the FLAC bandwagon. it's better for not just audiophiles but mankind as a whole to get us all using the same format and there's really no reason to settle for lossy compressed audio formats these days.

no car audio systems or DAP's play those formats. it's probably time to jump on the FLAC bandwagon. it's better for not just audiophiles but mankind as a whole to get us all using the same format and there's really no reason to settle for lossy compressed audio formats these days.

Opus compatibility is a crapshoot, but pretty much everything but the very oldest devices will play AAC. The latter has been very hard for manufacturers to ignore ever since Apple started selling music way back when.

FLAC support is getting better, but there are still many devices that don't support it (especially full album image FLACs). ALAC (Apple lossless) is an option, but I'm not sure where general support for that is at.

I bought 2 original CDs, but they came to me by mail, I can't physically buy a CD here at my place, at least as far as I know.
i bought a cd from alan jackson and bruce springsteen.
As for torrents and other things, I can't search for that and I don't even know where it is, I was registered on one but now they have practically nothing and nothing is freelech. I don't want to mess with that anymore.
Now there is practically no need for games from torrents and similar services when, for example, you can get free games every week at the epic games store. Or buy PC games at a discount.
And you don't have any problems like I had while patching everything, etc.
The only thing is that AAA games are always expensive and they are rarely on sale and you have to wait a few years after release for them to become cheaper and you need a powerful enough PC to be able to play decently.

That's why I'm looking for some online music service or site where I could easily find it and transfer it from the PC without it being too expensive.
When you say amazon you mean https://music.amazon.com/ ?
I see that there is also youtube music.
You can make any CD into .mp3's and do with as you like. If as you say, have no probs ordering your fav's then keep doing that and you will always have and own the perfect source material for future use.

I just play YouTube or Di.fm or bassdrive in my car. Why don't you?
the op said he wanted to put files on SD card because that's what his car supports

FLAC support is getting better, but there are still many devices that don't support it (especially full album image FLACs). ALAC (Apple lossless) is an option, but I'm not sure where general support for that is at.
most hi-res dap's on the market don't support apple formats and they're not good for consumers because it's a proprietary format that you got to buy from apple and then use Itunes (yuck) to sync your files or whatever you do? (we don't take to kindly to apple products 'round here 🤠) but they ALL support FLAC. and any device that plays FLAC will play whole albums or dj mixes in made in that format, so not sure who told you that? and the good ones even do gapless playback so a properly ripped cd will play like it's suppose to for stuff like Pink Floyd or continous DJ mixes. so now if i get whole albums that are ripped, as long as they come with a .cue file i can use Foobar to seperate them into individual tracks being my device does gapless. i've been using HiFi Walker H2 for 5-6 years now and have a 400GB microSD that i can just copy files over from my pc like any other file, no special bloatware required.

the op said he wanted to put files on SD card because that's what his car supports

most hi-res dap's on the market don't support apple formats and they're not good for consumers because it's a proprietary format that you got to buy from apple and then use Itunes (yuck) to sync your files or whatever you do? (we don't take to kindly to apple products 'round here 🤠) but they ALL support FLAC. and any device that plays FLAC will play whole albums or dj mixes in made in that format, so not sure who told you that? and the good ones even do gapless playback so a properly ripped cd will play like it's suppose to for stuff like Pink Floyd or continous DJ mixes. so now if i get whole albums that are ripped, as long as they come with a .cue file i can use Foobar to seperate them into individual tracks being my device does gapless. i've been using HiFi Walker H2 for 5-6 years now and have a 400GB microSD that i can just copy files over from my pc like any other file, no special bloatware required.
It's interesting that the car supports an sd card but no blutooth or aux 3.5mm jack or usb connection?

Back