Life-Size LEGO Bricks For Building Real Stuff

Megalith

24-bit/48kHz
Staff member
Have you ever lounged around the house and thought to yourself, “Boy, it’d be sweet if I had life-size LEGO blocks to build furniture with!” Well, I haven’t. Can you imagine how uncomfortable a LEGO sofa would be? This company evidently doesn’t agree, as they have actually conceived giant blocks for building everything from coffee tables to buildings.

But EverBlock is more tool than toy. You can use the polypropylene blocks to build fully-functioning furniture and structures. They come in 14 colors and three sizes: full (one foot long), half (six inches), and quarter (three inches), and vary in weight from two pounds (full size) to a quarter pound.

These would be awesome for building a castle for a kid to play in. But the cost would easily run into the thousands.

Still, when you need to construct something quickly, something like this could be a smart solution. Think about emergency shelters: “You could drop two pallets of these by helicopter and the next thing you know you have a solid, rigid structure,”

The visual of LEGO's being air lifted in to make refugee camps is humorous.

I do give them credit, they even make the smooth finishing pieces that go on top.

Everything is awesome

Can you imagine how uncomfortable a LEGO sofa would be?

The question wouldn't be comfort, but practicality. What if you don't have enough room on your couch when friends come over?

Double decker couch to the rescue.

Back