Lian Li all brushed aluminum cases

I think you misunderstand, you could use the discs only once to rip them and then store them away from dogs, cats, children, other adults et al.

For those sad over the loss of aluminum cases and CaseLabs (as am I)... I'm about to start a new build with a Sliber Cerberus: https://www.sliger.com/products/cases/cerberus/

They are mostly aluminum and made in the USA. Yes, about 3x the price, but not much different than CaseLabs used to be.
It's like "build hotter and hotter and HOTTER!!", but not with aluminum, use lots of glass, because it conducts heat soooo well.

yeah, you'll pry the DVD and Bluray out of my cold dead hands that my ripping station uses. But I do realize that the world is making having such devices difficult to obtain. But I do not use them for active "playing", maybe for testng, but mostly for ripping (and possibly archiving).

Same I love my physical media! Long live the optical disc!

I think you misunderstand, you could use the discs only once to rip them and then store them away from dogs, cats, children, other adults et al.
That is what I do!

Thought I'd contribute with a few of of what I got in my collection. Being that I (used to) collect old systems, I have / had quite a few of these older Lian Li cases in the past few years. One currently on the way being an old Maingear inside the Lian Li V600b (images attached)
Pic one and two are of the v600 system in the mail 3 and 4 are of another maingear I own. Unsure of the case's model. The third being an old Velocity Micro branded case; again unsure of the exact case the Velocity uses

Attachments

• IMG_4838.jpg
    IMG_4838.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_4840.jpg
    IMG_4840.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_4507.jpg
    IMG_4507.jpg
    374.9 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_4511.jpg
    IMG_4511.jpg
    508.1 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_4517.jpg
    IMG_4517.jpg
    455.9 KB · Views: 0
I still have both of these alunimum cases from the early 2000s, CoolerMaster and Silverstone, these were the top dogs for their day, and cost a pretty penny then too, like $300 ea I have a special place in my heart for that CoolerMaster, it was so freaking cool looking back then, I put blue LED fans in it, and it was awesome, even today, it's striking to look at, even though it's sitting in a closet unused for years.

Now I just buy the typical Corsair or Lian Li for $150 or so, with much better airflow LOL

Attachments

• 297791_135870_CM-ATC110.jpg
    297791_135870_CM-ATC110.jpg
    19.2 KB · Views: 0
  • Temjin1.jpg
    Temjin1.jpg
    19.3 KB · Views: 0
Copy-paste from another thread
>>>
Don't quite like contemporary case designs
Reused existing Silverstone Temjin TJ09S, Temjin TJ09B, and Fortress FT01-BW (all with USB3) for new 7900X builds
Also have a CM Praetorian PAC-T01-E1, and CM ATC-110-SX1 stashed away for a rainy day, both decked out with Panaflo fans and like new in box

Attachments

• 770420_1.jpg
    770420_1.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 1
  • 770421_2.jpg
    770421_2.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 1
  • 770422_3.jpg
    770422_3.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 1
  • 770423_4.jpg
    770423_4.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 1
  • 770424_5.jpg
    770424_5.jpg
    19.2 KB · Views: 1
Imo, arguing over cases is like arguing over tits and ass. I try to enjoy them in all of their different shapes and sizes. It's not easy sometimes but even the average everyday cookie cutter styles have something to offer with the right mods.
My old lian li pc-65 is a badass case for what it is but it still required modifications. I love my modern cases just the same despite their shortcomings. They all have a place in my office ;)

Btw if you haven't checked out the new lian li and CM cases you should. Particularly if your into water. They are expensive but they have finally gotten alot of things right.

LoL LED down the road LED's are exactly what they are LoL

Weren't they called XMS tracer or something that?

Well besides my poor profreading, back in the day you just had one color LEDs and cold cathode tubes. Now with RGB they can do a multitude of colors and come installed on all pieces of a computer.

IMG_4974.jpeg

IMG_4973.jpeg

Super cool thread. Velocity Micro did sell the cases separately for a while; my first build was a Kuma Athlon in a MX2-W just like the one on the right. When another one turned up years later I did an updated version with RGB PWM fans mimicking the 3-pin blue-LED clear fans that were in there originally. Just picked up a PC-V600 to go with it!

Last edited:
I refurbed my CoolerMaster ATC-200 with new fans and drive bay covers for my 5600X/3080 build last year. I was worried about the cooling, but even with a setup aimed at low noise instead of max airflow it seems to be keeping up.

This thing is 20+ years old at this point, purchased from NewEgg sometime around 2000 for $200.

I did have to retire an ATC-210 that was housing my wife's system, it was just missing to many parts.

Attachments

• IMG_2747.jpg
    IMG_2747.jpg
    416.6 KB · Views: 0
Looks familiar. I have had my PC65 since 2000. It ended up being a Frankenstein. The guts got upgraded in 2007 and eventually added an SSD for the OS. I don't even remember what type of PSU I out in it. Maybe a Thermaltake 750 or something. Still runs strong, but it'll be time for a part-out soon.

Abit IP35 Pro
Overclocked Q6600
8 gig RAM
GeForce 8800 GTS 512
Intel 240gig SSD
WD 150 gig Velociraptor

Attachments

• 20230114_203834.jpg
    20230114_203834.jpg
    308 KB · Views: 1
I use to fold the old IDE and floppy cables and tape them down. Some taped them down under the mobo to hide them. I would spray paint them with flat black spray paint.

Also remember always having a FLOPPY drive installed but not neccessarily connected...in case some sort of IDE driver needed to be loaded during OS install. Floppy drives.... :facepalm:

Also remember always having a FLOPPY drive installed but not neccessarily connected...in case some sort of IDE driver needed to be loaded during OS install. Floppy drives.... :facepalm:

It's a shame nobody made brushed aluminum floppy drives to match these cases. I always just used a USB floppy drive in order to keep the asthenic fully brushed silver aluminum.

It's a shame nobody made brushed aluminum floppy drives to match these cases. I always just used a USB floppy drive in order to keep the asthenic fully brushed silver aluminum.
On Lian Li brushed aluminum cases I used to remove the floppy and cd/dvd drive front parts and paint them with aluminum paint. It was the closest match possible.

On my PC-7 I liked the contrast of black floppy and optical drives against the naked aluminum case.

Actually, some made well matched brushed faceplates and stick-ons that worked well.

Upon further inspection, these are actually pressed, brushed aluminum around a plastic frame. Not bad.

Attachments

• 20230131_160852.jpg
    20230131_160852.jpg
    239.7 KB · Views: 1
  • 20230131_160857.jpg
    20230131_160857.jpg
    339.6 KB · Views: 1
  • 20230131_160918.jpg
    20230131_160918.jpg
    175.7 KB · Views: 1
Back