LG55CX How to Keep Gsync - Dolby Atmos system if GPU only has 1 HDMI?

dpoverlord

[H]ard|Gawd
So I have the new LG 55CX Gsync TV and I have the Creative Sonic Carrier Dolby atmos sound bar. How do I get it to work with Atmos and still mantain Gsync 120hz?

I realized after spending this boat load of money that to utilize the Sonic Carrier as my speaker with Dolby ATMOS it NEEDS HDMI.

Prior I had the samsung JS9000 and I connected via HDMI my 3090 to the Sonic Carrier and another HDMI from the Sonic Carrier to the TV.

Worked REALLY Well.

My concern now is, that if I do the same drill:
PC --> SOnic Carrier ---> TV I will lose Gsync due to this intermediary. Is there a sound card or something I could by that would have HDMI audio so I can run Audio to the Sonic Carrier and not worry about the video aspect?

Otherwise my dream of having Dolby Atmos, 120hz Gsync is lost. I cannot be the only one with a high end sound system who wants to connect it to the PC and still be able to stream Dolby Atmos movies at this resolution.

would LOVE ANY FEEDBACK. I have not connected this yet, but I my gut instinct is blaring that I have a problem.

Thanks!

Earc meaning HDMI cable from LG to Soundbar? I am doing that and it works but when I do games or a movie I have about a 100ms sound delay

Earc meaning HDMI cable from LG to Soundbar? I am doing that and it works but when I do games or a movie I have about a 100ms sound delay
Return it and wait a year for AVRs with real hdmi 2.1 to come out and send a thank you to LG for scamming you in the mean time. Hopefully I'm wrong and there's another solution.

Are you sure Dolby Atmos doesn't have that delay even directly connected to the Soundbar?

I saw a video where someone said they don't like using Atmos for anything because every receiver they've tried has a large delay using it.

Have you tried using an optical audio cable out from the tv to the soundbar? Go from the computer to the tv with HDMI, then to the soundbar via optical audio connection, that may give you a great experience and do what you're looking to do.

Are you sure Dolby Atmos doesn't have that delay even directly connected to the Soundbar?

I saw a video where someone said they don't like using Atmos for anything because every receiver they've tried has a large delay using it.
Connectednyo my js9000 there was 0 delay. Just ordered a 4 hdmi /display port adapter and the shark to connect as a pass Thru from TV. Will see if that fixes it.

Back