LG 2023 OLED TVs

That's a little scary. Sounds like a pretty serious design flaw.

Are you talking about the two legs, one on each side like on the 42" models, or the big center pedestals?

What kind of stand would you use for it? Looks like it has some weird-ass 300x200mm mounting pattern, rather than the 200x200 and 75x75 I am used to seeing.

Edit:

I think I am going to try this one.

Through measurements and educated guesses, I think I can make this work in roughly the height I need, but no guarantees. These things are difficult to measure accurately until you have them in place.

Well, after having the box sitting on my floor for about a month, I finally got around to assembling it today.

The stand is well built and sturdy. The assembly instructions could be better. It shouldn't be challenging to figure out what they mean when you have an engineering degree... Lots of references to parts by letters. (Install screw L, etc.) but neither the manual nor the packaging tells you which screw is L, etc. etc.

Also, looks like I am going to need some low profile right angle XLR adapters, as mt Schiit Lokius doesn't fit around the pole, and is now hanging out the front too much...

1699842878171.png

I just ordered some of these, I hope they aren't too big...

More pics when it doesn't look stupid :p

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Has anyone kept up with the firmware updates?

My C3 is still running 3.20.13. Since then there have been several releases:

Code:
[03.20.14]
1. Fixing minor bugs in software

[03.20.17]

[03.30.60]
1. Smart TV service expanded its availability to more countries. 
2. LG Channels expanded its availability to more countries. (India)

[03.30.70]

[03.30.71]

[03.30.73]

Most of them have the same useless "Fixing minor bugs in software" entry in the change log/release notes.

I saw one report of 3.20.17 introducing flickering in dark scenes, but other than that I haven't seen any reports of problems with any of these revisions.

Before I decide whether or not to update, I figured I'd ask if anyone here has had any experience with any of them.

Last edited:
Has anyone kept up with the firmware updates?

My C3 is still running 3.20.13. Since then there have been several releases:

Code:
[03.20.14]

[03.20.17]

[03.30.60]
1. Smart TV service expanded its availability to more countries.
2. LG Channels expanded its availability to more countries. (India)

[03.30.70]

[03.30.71]

[03.30.73]

Most of them have the same useless "Fixing minor bugs in software" entry in the change log/release notes.

I saw one report of 3.20.17 introducing flickering in dark scenes, but other than that I haven't seen any reports of problems with any of these revisions.

Before I decide whether or not to update, I figured I'd ask if anyone here has had any experience with any of them.
3.30.70 I believe is the update that made my C3 start disconnecting from my PC for random reason. It seems it was fixed in 3.30.71. Currently on the latest version and haven't run into any issues aside from the ABL being seemingly more aggressive than before. It didn't bother me before, but now it's bothering me.

3.30.70 I believe is the update that made my C3 start disconnecting from my PC for random reason. It seems it was fixed in 3.30.71. Currently on the latest version and haven't run into any issues aside from the ABL being seemingly more aggressive than before. It didn't bother me before, but now it's bothering me.

Hmm. I've never really looked into ABL much. How does it manifest itself? Is it enough that you would have just stayed on a previous firmware if you'd known?

(I wonder if it will even let you downgrade firmware._

Hmm. I've never really looked into ABL much. How does it manifest itself? Is it enough that you would have just stayed on a previous firmware if you'd known?

(I wonder if it will even let you downgrade firmware._
I noticed in a SD game I was playing with OLED brightness at 40 and Windows HDR turned off. I had left the menu up for about 3 minutes. It's normal for the screen to dim in situations like that, but the brightness didn't come back after I continued playing the game. I had to quit the game to get the brightness back to the expected level. Had I known I probably would have denied the update. I don't think it's possible to rollback to firmware. Hopefully it's just another bug...

I noticed in a SD game I was playing with OLED brightness at 40 and Windows HDR turned off. I had left the menu up for about 3 minutes. It's normal for the screen to dim in situations like that, but the brightness didn't come back after I continued playing the game. I had to quit the game to get the brightness back to the expected level. Had I known I probably would have denied the update. I don't think it's possible to rollback to firmware. Hopefully it's just another bug...

I appreciate the heads up. Maybe I'll just sit this one out.

I don't connect my TV to the network, so I am not exactly concerned about any security patching or anything like that.

Back