LED Strips (Pulled from a broken LED backlit Television) How to get them to light up?

Format _C:

2[H]4U
The said strips were pulled from a cheap POS Haier 40D3505A.

I have 4 LED strips each with 11 LEDS and two of the strips wired in series for a total of 22 LEDS on each circuit.

The TV was working but the screen was shattered. (I should of took voltage readings when it was working but the rest of the TV is now gone I only saved the LED strips) So here I am asking for help. :)

My main question is how many volts do the strips require? I want to use them for something (What I don't know yet).

I looked up the numbers on the LED boards and I found very little information on them with nothing mentioning the power requirements

1.jpg

2.jpg

I'd guess 5v but it could be wired for 12v also. I'd assume one of the pins is for controlling individual led dimming.

Probably 5V, that is what most LED tape you can buy takes.

But for $15USD on Amazon you can get 4-5m of new LED tape with a power supply.

It is not 5V or 12V or even 24VDC (I tried all three voltages and no light). I believe each LED is 3.3VDC and they are in series so that would equal 36.3 Volts now on to 36VDC (I have a bunch of 12V SLA batteries that came from Uninterruptible Power Supplies that were supplied WITH AT&T U-verse) if they don't light up on 36VDC I give up

Erm. If these are made to be efficient then they won't have any resistors built in. So, they should be ran from a constant current power source, not constant voltage. They could all be parallel as well.

Back