LCD Screen for sensors??

GCS

Limp Gawd
So I just stumbled on this YT vid today and wondered if anyone had done this and how you like it?

I wouldn't be able to put mine in a case but I am thinking of getting a small 5" display that has a frame around so it looks nicer and sitting under my monitor on my desk so I can easily see all these items at once while I am working and playing. Should be able to just connect it to an output on the back and run it as a 3rd monitor and do what the guy in the video does to set it up. Fair bit of work on the set up side but once done you have what you need.

Just curious if anyone else has something like this and if so post up about it please.

Thx

Last edited:
I have one on my server. It shows basic stats like CPU, memory, network use, which has proven to be very useful for spotting unusual happenings. I stuck mine in the 5¼" drive bays. I did it quite a while ago, before screens with digital inputs were easily available, so it's VGA, which is slightly annoying because the picture is never quite aligned perfectly with the physical pixels. There are some details on my website.

Attachments

• running.jpg
    running.jpg
    165.3 KB · Views: 0
I read Lamptron just released a 7" screen w/ included software ( HX070 ) which can be mounted internally and has USB connections.
EDIT ... seems they have several to choose from.

Last edited:
I cut out the 5" bays in my old OptiPlex and put a 7" screen in there. It's powered and gets signal by internal USB headers. I'm using Rainmeter and Speedfan for the info which looks much different now.

Dell Casemod - Imgur.jpg

"Remote system monitor server control" Free you can use your phone tablet or old smart phone works great and look good too.
If you donate like $5 you can customize any which way my tablet looks like some kind of speedometer dash board voltage temps
the works.

Back