Late to the game, just played BF3

f1y

Supreme [H]ardness
I just played the demo on the 360 (I know, yuk)

I wasn't impressed. I didn't like the advancment structure they had in Bad company... i.e. plant bombs, move up, plant bombs, move up. Fuck Rush.

Didn't seem to have destructible everything like bad company. I didn't blow up shit.

They also added a kill cam which makes sniping near pointless. The main reason I like battlefield over COD was no kill cam in BF. I loved sniping people from across Kubar Dam in BF2.

Also, the medic didn't have shock paddles. I only played 20-40 minutes on one map, but didn't see any vehicles either. I need to play more of the demo, but fuck I was not impressed.

They also had the underpowered guns from Bad company. My cross hairs just glow red while I pump bullets into the other team.

Hardcore BF fanboy here, not too happy. *sadface*

Didn't really need another thread on this.

Says the guy that has only been reg'd for a day :D .

I hear ya OP, it's pretty boring especially with that map. I hate the whole killcam system and hope they allow it to be turned off by the server admins.

I'm surprised you didn't complain about the squad system. That's the part that really sucks.

I've been hearing that the Conquest maps are quite in the mood/theme of Battlefield. Not that I can really say from experience, but I could imagine that being the case given vehicles/etc objectives.

The biggest mistake DICE made with this demo is, perhaps, not releasing the conquest map Caspian servers to the public. They ran an internal testing for that map at the beginning and somehow the passwords were leaked and quite a number of people here had a great time playing that map. That's where all the BF3 goodies are. Massive map, all sort of vehicle, basically all the stuff that defines Battlefield series.

While I've heard many dissatisfaction with Metro or rush game mode in general, I've heard nothing but good things about Caspian Border, a conquest map. So there's still hope that you may enjoy BF3, just not the rush game mode which is all we have in beta right now.

I am looking forward to playing conquest mode myself. Shame I couldn't try Caspian out.

I wasn't impressed. I didn't like the advancment structure they had in Bad company... i.e. plant bombs, move up, plant bombs, move up. Fuck Rush.

when BC2 was released i thought i would never play Rush, i love conquest. after sinking a ton of hours into BC2 i'm glad that both modes were included. it's a nice change of pace once you've burnt out a bit on conquest. the beauty is that you can choose which game you want to play. there will be plenty of conquest-only servers in BF3.

Didn't seem to have destructible everything like bad company. I didn't blow up shit.

apparently you have yet to throw a med-pack at a concrete jersey barrier :p

They also added a kill cam which makes sniping near pointless. The main reason I like battlefield over COD was no kill cam in BF. I loved sniping people from across Kubar Dam in BF2.

eh, i'm alright with the killcam but that's a subjective thing. it's a fairly restricted window on the player...but most times you can determine where they are from that narrow view and i get why you don't like that.

Also, the medic didn't have shock paddles.

it's an unlock that comes fairly quick. i don't see the need to make the defibrillator an unlock, they should just give them to us from the start. it was the same way in BC2.

The biggest mistake DICE made with this demo is, perhaps, not releasing the conquest map Caspian servers to the public. They ran an internal testing for that map at the beginning and somehow the passwords were leaked and quite a number of people here had a great time playing that map. That's where all the BF3 goodies are. Massive map, all sort of vehicle, basically all the stuff that defines Battlefield series.

While I've heard many dissatisfaction with Metro or rush game mode in general, I've heard nothing but good things about Caspian Border, a conquest map. So there's still hope that you may enjoy BF3, just not the rush game mode which is all we have in beta right now.

While I have no doubt that Caspian is amazing, if it was the only map released, people would be bitching about it if it was the only map released. You'd have many more people on it to nitpick, plus you always have people wanting what they can't have. If they had released Caspian and had locked Metro servers, so many people would be going on about how amazing Metro is.

Grass is greener over there, and all that.

Killcam make less Camping IMHO. Camping sucks!

Also reduces the rage chat about NOFINGWAYYOUHAX0R!!!!!111111 :mad:

But... BF2 was great at having those challenges to overcome. Camping is part of controlling chokepoints and setting up firing lanes... and it's needed... the killcam is bad news if it stays in as we've seen.

I tried playing it the night of release. Took me 2 hours of fighting with the client to get into the game and get my settings in, and then the game did not impress me. It is not feature-complete and it has rendering and stability issues.

I played the pre-release demos for both BF:1942 and BF2 and neither were THIS BUGGY. And both were feature-complete by the time of open beta.

I actually preordered this time (my first Battlefield preorder), but I refuse to play it until it's been released to retail for a week. It's a pile of shit for now.

It's just unnecessary. There is already a BF3 thread. Why not post your thoughts there?

Your post was unnecessary. For that matter, this whole board is unnecessary. Let people post what they wish. Who cares? If you don't wish to read it, don't. Don't try and shut them down with silly things like "This doesn't need a new thread."

Killcam make less Camping IMHO. Camping sucks!

Ya that's my feelings on it. While I understand the arguments against it, and they are valid, I feel that it's reduction in camping makes it worth it. While camping is a very real tactic (in the real world, what snipers do is setup in a good, hidden, position) it is not fun to players and thus needs to be discouraged in games. I remember some Quake DM servers took it as far as starting a countdown if you stopped moving and fragged you if it hit zero.

I think killcam needs to stay for that reason.

Your post was unnecessary. For that matter, this whole board is unnecessary. Let people post what they wish. Who cares? If you don't wish to read it, don't. Don't try and shut them down with silly things like "This doesn't need a new thread."

It's just unnecessary. There is already a BF3 thread. Why not post your thoughts there?

Mini-Mods to the rescue!

Oh does BF3 have a demo out? I've been playing in the beta all week, but wasn't aware it had been updated to demo status. What map is running? is it the same one as BETA?:rolleyes:

Oh does BF3 have a demo out? I've been playing in the beta all week, but wasn't aware it had been updated to demo status. What map is running? is it the same one as BETA?:rolleyes:

Open-Beta more or less classifies as a demo really.

Open-Beta more or less classifies as a demo really.

The real beta was the "alpha", this is a pre-release demo. Not a beta at all except for maybe the server browser and server load testing.

not really, the people who cry about campers are the n00bs who don't know how to find people and avoid being camped or work as a team to make sure people dont camp.

On the other hand, I've seen team mates taking recon class and all runs off into the distant to camp and not contribute to securing the objective. If every idiot camps to increase their k/d ratio, then no is left to do the objective. Its not like those campers are helping us taking out the defenders because many of them are well hidden too until we showed up and gets overpowered.

Like Hornet said, the bigger problem is having a bunch of campers on your own team. Sitting off in some corner and sniping guys may be fun, but if you're on the attacking side and not pushing towards an objective, you aren't doing a whole lot to help. There isn't a ticket limit for the defenders.....

Like Hornet said, the bigger problem is having a bunch of campers on your own team. Sitting off in some corner and sniping guys may be fun, but if you're on the attacking side and not pushing towards an objective, you aren't doing a whole lot to help. There isn't a ticket limit for the defenders.....

On phase 1, having four to a team isn't bad... though I wouldn't go more than that. 2 on each point. That's where it's at. Rifles or SMG's indoors!

Also reduces the rage chat about NOFINGWAYYOUHAX0R!!!!!111111 :mad:

But... BF2 was great at having those challenges to overcome. Camping is part of controlling chokepoints and setting up firing lanes... and it's needed... the killcam is bad news if it stays in as we've seen.

There will be a hardcore mode that I believe removes the killcam. Much like CoD hardcore mode.

Really strange how no one's really addressed the actual points of the OP:

- Assault has shock pads. They have the heal kits. Supports have the ammo kit.
- Rush isn't the only game mode. I rarely played rush in BC2 and almost always conquest.
- Metro is not a vehicle map, but there are going to be maps with vehicles.
- Not sure if release servers can take off kill cam, but it's on by default for now I assume.

I just played the demo on the 360 (I know, yuk)

Also, the medic didn't have shock paddles. I only played 20-40 minutes on one map, but didn't see any vehicles either. I need to play more of the demo, but fuck I was not impressed.

They also had the underpowered guns from Bad company. My cross hairs just glow red while I pump bullets into the other team.

Hardcore BF fanboy here, not too happy. *sadface*

- The current rush map is one of 9 maps, and 1 of 2 game modes.

- Read what the Dev's have posted, they disabled destruction because it was screwing with the beta.

- Kill cam can be disabled on server side unless I am mistaken.

- The demo map normally has vehicles, they were taken out of the demo, again, read up on things.

- The vast majority of people say the guns do more damage this time around, are you sure your playing the BF3 beta?

There are actually 5 game modes for versus multiplayer, and another coop multiplayer mode.

Team deathmatch and Squad deathmatch.

No squad conquest. Although now that you mention it, that would be quite chaotic.

Having 1 or 2 really good snipers is always a good thing IMO, simply because if they're really good they'll be able to contribute by killing people who are running to defend, or stopping the defenders from camping in certain spots or standing behind a rock with a machine gun gunning down your team.

The problem is, there's really not that many good snipers. An unskilled person sniping is far more useless than an unskilled person who actually tries to attack. At least the attacking unskilled person will act as a meat shield, drawing enemy fire so the more skilled players know where the defenders are camping. An unskilled sniper on the other hand doesn't contribute at all, except by ocassionally losing you a ticket by getting killed by the defending snipers.

But yeah, people often assume when you complain about snipers you're complaining about ENEMY snipers, personally when I complain about snipers I'm complaining about the useless dumbarses on my own team not contributing, I couldn't care less about the dumbarses on the other team who aren't contributing :p

You played one map on a CONSOLE.... Not the best way to form an opinion on a game really :/

You played one map on a CONSOLE.... Not the best way to form an opinion on a game really :/

This..

The BF3 thread has some actual concerns about the game. For example, getting disconnected from server just before the round ends. This has happened to me many times now. 35-9 with 9k points? Nope, disconnected so you lose all of it. I don't care too much for it now, but if this keeps up when the game is released.. Yea.. I'll be furious.

IMHO, the game is GREAT. There are dozens of bugs in the beta right now, but who knows what will be fixed and what will sneak itself into the release? If you look past the bugs, the game is seriously fun.

OP -- you only played for 30 minutes and are bitching about no shock paddles? You do realize that you have to unlock them. I suppose next you will bitch there are no uber lazer death ray available from day one.

Where exactly did you expect to use a vehicle in a cramped destroyed subway tunnel?

Back