Last Epoch

I really hate how it reloads an area every time you leave it. That shouldnt happen.

Otherwise it's alright. I enjoyed the beta more, but that's probably because I wasn't a crap load of D4. Which has its own problems, but its so polished and smooth it makes LEs shortcomings more noticeable.

I really hate how it reloads an area every time you leave it. That shouldnt happen.

Otherwise it's alright. I enjoyed the beta more, but that's probably because I wasn't a crap load of D4. Which has its own problems, but its so polished and smooth it makes LEs shortcomings more noticeable.
It's a good thing this game is non-competitive because this "feature" is easily exploitable.

I'm enjoying this far more than D4, this game has some weird little mechanical issues and server issues. The actual combat doesn't feel as polished as D4, but Diablo 4 has basically no content, no skill tree, and uninteresting loot.

The talent tree / skill tree respec cost is bs and purely focused on padding your playtime.

Skills de-level when you respec so you have to re-level that skill again per point you want to move; there is a minimum skill level which kind of helps but there's no reason for it to de-level at all as it just serves to punish you for experimenting. The minimum skill level should be your current level and all skills should level with your character so that you don't have to waste a bunch of time re-leveling a skill just to get the points back so you can try to bring a new build online. You can't respec your class mastery at all so if you decide later that you would like to try another mastery you have to start a whole new character and level them up to 20 which doesn't take long, but it isn't much fun doing the same braindead low-level content over again in almost the exact same way.

I just checked my only character which is a level 36 Druid he saved from early access was worried he might be corrupted. I do have offline character pretty sure they said they will deleted with 1.0 so I started the druid a few months back.

So I find this Echo thing at level 28 or 30 says level 58. I say what could possibly go wrong so I go in.

2 hours later 7 or 8 echo things and two questy things inside the echo and I'm level 51. I did find one of the Echo things that murdered my face hard.

Game is afoot there, but this is fun. My Manbearpig druid is shredding faces with his Thundercats-based Panthro and Liono powers.

Didn't expect to survive pretty sure I was only 28 when I said, whelp hold my beer and went in anyways.

20240228111534_1.jpg

Zoom in shot normally don't play this way because you can't really. I'm dying alot more with the incresed difficulty compared to early access it's still a cake walk thoughI still don't know what skills I should be using still experimenting might start using the totem again.

Last edited:
Now that I'm understanding the crafting system, I don't see anyone else matching it in terms of how easy it is to understand and how fun it can be. They really made a very intuitive crafting system that's high risk / high reward and incredibly fun to engage with. The design is damn near flawless and the execution is excellent too. My only issue with the game currently is that the combat is a major step down from Diablo 3 and 4, and I would say even a step down from PoE at this point. That said, I'm having an absolute blast. Given how excellent the crafting and gear system is, and the sheer volume of viable builds, I see myself getting a few hundred hours out of this one which is far more than I'll get out of Diablo 4. I'm not even exactly sure what they need to do to improve the gameplay, but it's just not at the level D3 / D4. I think it still needs responsiveness and fluidity to match that feeling.

Welp, I finally loaded this up and played through the first "zone" or whatever the lava area is called.

I mean...... It's def good but it doesn't feel very "impactful".

Grim Dawn and hell, even Lost Ark NAILED that at least.

I dunno, I definitely intend to spend more time with this over the coming weekend but I wasn't grinning ear-to-ear as anticipated....

- Looks like GD will continue to be my "comfort-food ARPG" (at least until 3ish years from now, when D4 finally gets its sh*t together)

Early adopters overhyped it.
It's a good game, not a Diablo 4 killer by any stretch. Good skill system and item crafting, nothing else notable about it.

Last edited:
Yeah it's pretty decent but there is so much padding. The campaign feels like it's never ending and upgrades take way too long. I remember the 'desert' area in D2 felt slow AF yet Last Epoch's feels twice as long. My main is level 59 and still using a chest piece and ring from level 5. It's a lot of time to basically hold down the right mouse button.

Yeah it's pretty decent but there is so much padding. The campaign feels like it's never ending and upgrades take way too long. I remember the 'desert' area in D2 felt slow AF yet Last Epoch's feels twice as long. My main is level 59 and still using a chest piece and ring from level 5. It's a lot of time to basically hold down the right mouse button.
Exactly where I am now. I want to like it more but fine on i shouldn't be almost level 70 still doing the damn campaign. I stopped in chapter 8, and just decided to jump to monoliths, which is essentially y just running d3 rifts.

And the itemization is frustrating. Is this new gear an upgrade? No freaking clue, I dont get any sort of item power or dps info from the mouseover. I have a loot filter, but even then I'm not sure what I'm doing. I have t even started on crafting yet, which is a whole nother ball of wax.

I remember liking the game a lot more in beta than I do now.

Patch just now.

https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/899770/view/4130435999620069132

I just bought a bunch of tabs this morning...
  • Stash tabs beyond the first 6 previously cost 10000 more than the previous tab. Now stash tabs 7 to 16 cost 2500 more than the previous tab, and stash tabs beyond the first 16 cost 5000 more than the previous tab. This results in the cost of large numbers of stash tabs being reduced by around 50%.

https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/899770/view/4115799931679733530

Last Epoch Patch 1.0.4 Notes
Changes
  • Players can no longer stun themselves. An example of this was by using the Signet of Agony node in Bone Curse
  • Replaced the XP Tome sound effect in Echo of a World
  • Flagged more prophecy rewards as "rare/valuable" (which animates them to rotate and makes them slightly larger than other stars in the Constellation)
  • Increased the favor cost multiplier for Glyph of Despair Prophecies
  • You can no longer gain experience while in the grace period (the period of invulnerability after arriving to a new area)
  • Added missing name in Graveyard
  • Overhauled terrain, spawners, and shrines in the Hidden Oasis Echo Map to both improve visuals, and performance, and fix hideable issues with palms
  • Overhauled visuals and added Scene Variants for Lightless Pits Echo Map

Bug Fixes
Skills & Passives
  • Fixed a bug where Upheaval's "Master of the Totem" didn't buff Tempest Strike Totem damage and armor
  • Fixed a bug where Storm Crow's "Arborist" didn't buff Tempest Strike Totem with Flat Spell / Melee Lightning Damage
  • Fixed a bug where Swipe's "Avatar of Stone" doesn't buff Tempest Strike Totem, Warcry Totem & Upheaval Totem with Flat Melee / Spell Damage
  • Fixed a bug where Storm Totem's "Fulgrite Core" wasn't providing Flat Spell Lightning damage based on character Shock Chance
  • Fixed a bug where Tempest Strike's "Heorot Arsenal" node was not providing stats to the Cold Projectile that Tempest Totem shoots when each Tempest has been removed in the skill tree.
  • Fixed a bug where Tempest Strike Totem, Warcry Totem, and Upheaval Totem were not benefiting from Spell Lightning Damage for Existing Totems (such as the Omen of Thunder Unique Item)
  • Fixed a bug where directly transitioning from channeling Warpath to channeling Rebuke while at negative mana would not start mana regeneration.
  • Fixed a bug where Fury Leap would play the landing animation in mid-air on long-range casts of Fury Leap
  • Fixed a bug where the Acolyte's Wraith's weapons would drift during animation transitions
  • Fixed a bug where Mirage hits on Puncture would not grant stacks of Bleeding Fury
  • Fixed an issue with Acid Flask's "Alchemist Gift" throwing animation where the trap would spin in place then teleport to its destination
  • Fixed a bug where Acid Flask's "Alchemist Gift" node did not have a throwing sound
  • Fixed a bug where Healing Hands would not get a Fire tag when taking the Searing Light, or Skyfall Nodes
  • Fixed a bug where the Spell Tag would be removed from Healing Hands with Seraph Blade when you also took Skyfall
  • Fixed a bug where Ballista's "Armed Construction" node was giving 1% increased radius per dexterity instead of its listed 1% increased area per dexterity

Visuals
  • Fixed a bug with the sword in the Fallen Ronin set was deforming in a weird way on the Primalist
  • Fixed Terrain and floating vegetation in several scenes

UI
  • Fixed a bug where some Game Guide pages couldn't be linked in chat
  • Several Localization updates

Enemies
  • Fixed bug where Void Despair would spawn in place for a brief second before starting its emerging animation
  • Fixed a bug where the Idol (big worm) could become stuck after knocking guards off their platform in Last Refuge Outskirts

Controller
  • Fixed a bug where advancing dialog with a controller would skip pages if there were multiple.
  • Fixed a bug where menu options could still be selected with a controller while they are invisible/inactive on the Death Screen. This was resulting in potentially closing the respawn menu preventing you from being able to respawn.

Other
  • Fixed a bug where your stats could become out of sync with the server. This could result in issues such as the client believing you had less movement speed than you did.
  • Fixed a bug where Prophecies could be re-rolled on login in multiplayer
  • Fixed a bug where you could not return to character select while in-game on an offline character
  • Fixed a bug where Vsync was not applying during Splash Screens (this appears before the login screen)
  • Fixed a bug with pickup range reliability in Multiplayer
  • Fixed some instances of Gates blocking paths in the Preserved Sanctuary Echo map
  • Fixed a bug which caused the game to freeze after switching inputs on the Skills panel

Known Issues
  • When exiting a transform such as Werebear Form, your stat sheet may display your mana regeneration incorrectly. This is only a display issue.

Early adopters overhyped it.
It's a good game, not a Diablo 4 killer by any stretch. Good skill system and item crafting, nothing else notable about it.
Large number of people disagree. Some are putting LE at #2 in ARPG market. I'm just glad we have the number of choices we do right now.

Large number of people disagree. Some are putting LE at #2 in ARPG market. I'm just glad we have the number of choices we do right now.
We do agree, it's better than D4 but worse than PoE. So I would say it is #2.
But LE does not destroy or obsolete D4 like people said it would. It's better in some ways and worse in others. The new patch for D4 coming up is going to significantly close the gap.

On the topic of the game: I've got about 120 hours on my Falconer now, I've been playing Solo Account Found and gear upgrades with Exalted and random Uniques were plentiful in the early part of the end-game. The forge makes customizing gear and fixing bad rolls a lot of fun.

Unfortunately the end-game/BiS grind is unfathomable as a solo player. First you have to find the unique you need, then it needs to roll LP, then you need an exalted with the right affix(es), then you need to roll the dice at the eternity cache. I've done 1,500 empowered echoes and I only have TWO of the chest armor with the affix I need. That means if they fail at the cache I will have nothing, even after all that grinding. Even worse, I haven't found a single Relic with the T7 affix I need. And that's BEFORE even attempting the eternity cache.

There's also 4 Large idols Maxroll says I should use on my build, I have zero of those. And that's with the blessing.
And I'm using the map icon mod from Nexus, so I can't miss any drops.

To fill out all my slots with Legendaries (just 2 affixes) would take probably 500+ hours of grinding, the same echoes, over and over. I spent the last 2 days (about 10-15 hours of gameplay) target farming the Relic monolith and I only managed to get one of the unique Relics I need with 2 LP, and it came from a prophecy... I only got a couple with 0-1 LP from the actual monolith.

I guess my complaint just boils down to this: Drops are too rare, and getting the best items requires too many layers of combined RNG. The fact that I have over 100 hours grinding end-game content and zero of several items I need for my build is just insane. These are the worst drop rates I've ever seen in an RPG and I played WoW for almost 10 years.

Last edited:
Good writeup! I'm also playing the SAF but not enough to make it to endgame yet.

After 150 hours and 2,000 echoes I found one, from a prophecy. The rank 10 CoF bonus duped it, too.
The rolls are shit, so it's useless. It has the same resist as a stout idle, lol.

Large Idols seem to have a very low drop rate, or a large affix pool. The only way to really farm them is through prophecy. This also means the blessing I've been using this whole time is basically useless.

LE_idol.png

Last edited:
Back