Largest capacity m.2 SSDs that are single-sided?

smf88011

n00b
Have any of you seen anything bigger than the Kioxia AKA Toshiba 4TB single-sided m.2 NVMe drives that come in some Alienware systems? I need a lot more storage and my laptop (Alienware x17 r2) didn't offer the 4TB drive. I would LOVE to get my hands on something bigger than the 2tb drives that I was able to get for the system.

Next, do any of you have the Kioxia drive? What are your thoughts on them? I would buy two if I could get a good price on them.

Hi,
As of my knowledge cut-off, the Kioxia 4TB single-sided M.2 NVMe SSD is one of the largest capacity M.2 SSDs available on the market. I am not aware of any larger single-sided M.2 NVMe SSDs currently available.

As for the Kioxia drive itself, it is a high-performance SSD that is well-regarded for its speed and reliability. However, it is also relatively expensive. The price may vary based on the region and the retail store. I would recommend checking multiple retailers and comparing prices before making a purchase.

Hi there. Do you have the exact model number of the Kioxia (Toshiba) M.2 NVMe drive being referenced here? I went to the Kioxia website and found a 4TB drive in their XG8 series, model KXG80ZN84T09, however the specs say it is a double sided drive. I'd be so appreicative if you can share the model number of the Kioxia 4TB single sided M.2 NVMe drive.

AFAIK, with the current state of flash memory, 4TB is the most you can fit on 1 side of a 2280 stick....however, with the newer stacking tech & more dense layering methods that is coming, this limit could very well be raised soon, but at first it will be hella mucho deniro...

Back