Laptops price drop?

Not this year or next. Supply and demand plus component shortage. The only way to find one at a lower price is look for last years model if there are still any on the market.

You mean labor shortage. I run a IT dept for a large organization. We have close ties with hp, dell and cisco. All 3 of witch have shortages do to a lack of labor and non chip related shortages. most of the shortages are with steel and plastic parts used in chasises.

No, Raw material shortage. I'm in manufacturing and I do a lot of work for Intel and I consult for one of the major PC manufacturer. Yes, demands are high so there is a factory capacity concern but there's also a major shortage of all kinds of electronic components. components that're commonly available a year ago is now showing lead time of 20+ weeks.

Within reason I will gladly be paying a premium for a framework laptop In the near future..

There are shortage with both. No one wants to talk about the labor shortages due to is political ramifications TBH. But from what I'm being told by, dell/hp its mostly shortages in labor and steel/plastic.
Well, The labor shortage is not a real shortage. It's a shortage due to quarantine lockdown that's still going on as infection flares in varies region that's general not widely reported in the news but you can gather if you have access to Chinese social media.

Its not just due to lock downs, unemployment incentives are keeping workers at home. Maybe not so much in china, but farther up the supply chain witch is causing some of the problems i'm facing at work.

Mostly talking about China since 99% of the manufacturing happens over there. The PC manufacturer I consult with is having problem meeting the demand here since the factory they work with is already at capacity and then if a local lockdown happens, the line sits idle due to lack of crew.

Within reason I will gladly be paying a premium for a framework laptop In the near future..

I saw those, but I just wonder how long the company is going to be around to provide new parts.

I saw those, but I just wonder how long the company is going to be around to provide new parts.
I don't always buy from the same brand. I have two HPs and a Lenovo in my house. So even if they don't last, the privilege of being able to buy it, and easily put in the components I want is going to be worth it, even if I don't get to do it again. If nobody buys from them now, they won't be around to buy from later.

Back