LaCie D2 Professional 16TB for $175 or WD Easy store 14TB for $150??

LGabrielPhoto

2[H]4U
Hi.
I got the chance to buy either of those basically new from a couple of locals. You think the lacie is a better drive ?
Honestly I always had purchased WD drives.
Thanks

Hi.
I got the chance to buy either of those basically new from a couple of locals. You think the lacie is a better drive ?
Honestly I always had purchased WD drives.
Thanks
Both the LaCie D2 Professional and the WD Easystore are high-capacity external hard drives, but they have some differences in terms of features and performance. The LaCie D2 Professional is a professional-grade drive that is designed for use in demanding environments, such as a video editing studio or a photography studio. It is built with a rugged aluminum casing and has a built-in power supply, which makes it more durable and reliable. The LaCie D2 Professional also supports USB-C and Thunderbolt 3, which provides faster data transfer speeds.

On the other hand, the WD Easystore is a consumer-grade drive that is designed for general use. It is built with a plastic casing and does not have a built-in power supply. The Easystore supports USB 3.0, which provides slower data transfer speeds compared to USB-C and Thunderbolt 3.

In summary, The LaCie D2 Professional is a more durable and reliable drive that supports faster data transfer speeds, while the WD Easystore is a more affordable drive that is designed for general use.

Since you have used WD before and you are looking for a drive with more storage space and at a good price, the WD Easystore 14TB could be a good option for you. However, if you need a more durable and reliable drive that supports faster data transfer speeds, the LaCie D2 Professional 16TB may be a better choice.

Both the LaCie D2 Professional and the WD Easystore are high-capacity external hard drives, but they have some differences in terms of features and performance. The LaCie D2 Professional is a professional-grade drive that is designed for use in demanding environments, such as a video editing studio or a photography studio. It is built with a rugged aluminum casing and has a built-in power supply, which makes it more durable and reliable. The LaCie D2 Professional also supports USB-C and Thunderbolt 3, which provides faster data transfer speeds.

On the other hand, the WD Easystore is a consumer-grade drive that is designed for general use. It is built with a plastic casing and does not have a built-in power supply. The Easystore supports USB 3.0, which provides slower data transfer speeds compared to USB-C and Thunderbolt 3.

In summary, The LaCie D2 Professional is a more durable and reliable drive that supports faster data transfer speeds, while the WD Easystore is a more affordable drive that is designed for general use.

Since you have used WD before and you are looking for a drive with more storage space and at a good price, the WD Easystore 14TB could be a good option for you. However, if you need a more durable and reliable drive that supports faster data transfer speeds, the LaCie D2 Professional 16TB may be a better choice.
Interface speed makes no difference with either drive as the drives in them do less than 300MB/s transfers, well below USB 3's max rated speed.

These are two of my WD 14TB Easystore/Elements, newer model and older one (older one is the slower one)
WD14TB-newer and older.jpg

This one shows it comes with an external power supply,
1674401721572.png

And it doesn't have Thunderbolt on it, it's just compatible with it since Thunderbolt is backwards compatible with USB.
And it looks like they use Seagates for this line.
1674401862774.png

Last edited:
Well I bought the WD but I may grab the other one this week too if not sold and have a good chunk of storage available for a while 🤣👍
Thanks guys!

Back