Keyboard Missing first Input after 3+ minutes idle

Epos7

Gawd
I bought a new keyboard a couple months ago. It's an IQUNIX OG80. It can be operated in wired or wireless mode, and has a switch to toggle between them. I am primarily concerned with wired mode, as it's what I use 95% of the time.

My issue is if I don't use the keyboard for a few minutes, then start typing, it misses the first stroke. It's like the keyboard goes to sleep. This might make some sense in wireless mode, but not in wired mode. I have the keyboard connected through my USB hub, although I have tested with it plugged straight into the PC and the issue persists.

Initially I was able to reproduce the issue on two separate PCs, so I contacted the manufacturer, and they sent me a replacement. The replacement has the same issue, but only on one of the two PCs.

I've gone into device manager and made sure USB low-power mode was disabled on all the keyboards in there. There are more keyboards showing up in the device manager than I expect. I've tried deleting them and then plugging the keyboard back in, and it creates several instances:

1651166361632.png

Not quite sure what to make of this. It's likely related to another bug I've noticed with the keyboard - once or twice a day it will freeze while I'm typing and I'll get a string of the same character like "iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii" and it will keep inputting until I press another key. I have several other keyboards and they have no issues. I've also chatted briefly with some other owners of the keyboard on YouTube, and they have no problems either.

I wonder if even when wired if it's still "behaving as if wireless". While it's toggled to wired and plugged in, do you still have its wireless dongle plugged into the PC? If so, would be curious if removing that made any difference

Back