Just some noob PS5 questions.

Liver

Supreme [H]ardness
Alright. Here goes. I bought a PS5 in anticipation of the PS VR2 glasses coming out sometime in 2023.

So. I haven’t owned a game console since the original XBOX. Never owned a PS. I am completely platform agnostic, I do not own any previous games. I bought it for the upcoming glasses.

I have many questions.

1. What are some must haves? Not really games, but accessories or add ons? Does Sony have a Game Pass?

2. In preparation for the VR glasses, I’ll need to secure the PS5 to the wall shelf. So it doesn’t get pulled off. The VR glasses are hard wired.

3. I will be hooking it up to a 4K Sony OLED. Got that covered.

4. Specific games wise, what is recommended for kids under 10? Prefer a choice.

5. Im going to start with the PS5 remake of the Last of Us and then Elden Ring.

I know I know. This is way over my head in hardware. Let’s be honest, Im older now, I used to game in the PC when I could. Now I have the money and I just want some entertainment.

If it doesn’t work out, I’ll sell it or give it away.

Pick up Demon Souls Ratchet an Clank is a good kids game but it might be too hard.
Playstation has VR but not sure about glasses.

Reactions: Liver
like this
Pick up Demon Souls Ratchet an Clank is a good kids game but it might be too hard.
Playstation has VR but not sure about glasses.

The VR glasses are coming out in 2023 (hopefully). The YouTube videos are out.

Sub to PS+ (Essentials/base plan) and play most of the games/exclusives in the PS Collection - about 25 games and half of them are must-plays on Playstation. That will keep you busy for a while and give you a few free games to play every month (50/50 split on good and bad games IMO - sometimes there's some gems they give out). Otherwise just Google PS Exclusives and work your way down the list, hah. My favorites are all the Naughty Dog games and Horizon games though, along with God of War if you haven't already played that on PC (also part of the PS Collection I think).

For kids under 10, my fam enjoys playing Sackboy and Little Big Planet 3. Overcooked games (we have them on Switch though), It Takes Two (only 2-player, but amazing game to play with the spouse or another kid), TMNT Shredders Revenge, Streets of Rage 4, and Jackbox game Party Packs (has both kid and adult friendly games).

like this
Alright. Here goes. I bought a PS5 in anticipation of the PS VR2 glasses coming out sometime in 2023.

So. I haven’t owned a game console since the original XBOX. Never owned a PS. I am completely platform agnostic, I do not own any previous games. I bought it for the upcoming glasses.

I have many questions.

1. What are some must haves? Not really games, but accessories or add ons? Does Sony have a Game Pass?

2. In preparation for the VR glasses, I’ll need to secure the PS5 to the wall shelf. So it doesn’t get pulled off. The VR glasses are hard wired.

I know I know. This is way over my head in hardware. Let’s be honest, Im older now, I used to game in the PC when I could. Now I have the money and I just want some entertainment.

If it doesn’t work out, I’ll sell it or give it away.
  1. Depends on what you need to live with the console in your environment and what games you play. If you already have a good pair of headphones then I'd say you're set. The official headphones physically hurt my ears after only 10-15 minutes, so I wouldn't recommend them.
  2. Not a question.
  3. Not a question.
  4. Can't help you there.
  5. Not a question.

I’m looking at the different PS+ memberships.

Which one / tier do y’all have? I read a review from July saying their top tier / premium wasn’t worth it. I really don’t know.

Also is buying it directly from the PS Store the best option?

Which one / tier do y’all have? I read a review from July saying their top tier / premium wasn’t worth it. I really don’t know.

I've just stuck with the base PS Essentials plan since I still have a decent backlog of games I need to play before paying for another library of mostly bad to mediocre games to play. The premium tier is absolutely not worth it IMO. Maybe it would be if PS3 games were emulated and not limited to streaming with worse image quality and latency over original hardware.

There's usually routine deals for $35 1-year PS+ cards, but I don't think I've seen it much this year actually. I bought a few years worth last year and stacked them up. The PSN store (along with all other retailers) has it on sale for $40 or so every Black Friday and maybe once over the summer.

Essential. I have Game Pass Ultimate for PC and console games already, and I don't see any added value right now in the games Sony offers on the service in the upper tiers.

I buy all my games directly from the PS Store. They have good sales every week that really are not beat often by physical media or third-party sellers.

like this
Yes, you'll need ps+ to play online regardless, so you might as well buy the second tier for all the games

I guess, never heard of anyone doing this. You might have to have something custom made($$$)

cool

No idea

Good choice, fantastic game, can't wait for the series.

Just wondering if there was a way to secure it. No problem, I’ll use zip ties and duct tape. I ain’t paying much for it.

Back