Just ordered my Xbox 360 Slim from Gamestop

Gamestopcom---Order-Comple.jpg

Hopefully it will get here soon -- my launch day elite is on the fritz.

Once I figure out how to transfer my stuff over I'll pick one of these up....

Cool. Any chance you have a wireless N setup? I'm curious how quick that is in the real world.

Once I figure out how to transfer my stuff over I'll pick one of these up....

MS will give you a free transfer cable when you tell them you want to use it to transfer shit from one HDD to a new one

Yep, I just traded in my "old" 360 elite at my local Gamestop and got an extra $25 store credit for reserving the new system. It comes out before my birthday also, I can't wait!!!

I shit you not, from seeing the web info on the new system to trading in my elite system was around a 2 hour turnaround, I am that much of a nerd. :D

MS will give you a free transfer cable when you tell them you want to use it to transfer shit from one HDD to a new one

Don't think they do that anymore. They're gonna release the transfer cable retail for $20.

well that sucks, i'm glad i hung onto my transfer cable then. not that i plan on upgrading anytime soon, but still...

Ah well, screw the transfer cable then. I just used a USB stick to store my critical game save files before I traded in my elite at Gamestop. I figured everything else can just be re downloaded/ripped anyway.

Hmmmmm 250gigs for game storage......

Damn I was really hoping MS would release this at $199 with some really aggressive pricing to combat Nintendo and even the PS3 slims (that give you a BluRay player for the $299 as well as a game console). I really want one of these new 360's though so I might have to jump...to anyone who traded in their old 360 to Gamestop how much credit did you get for it towards your new 360?

Also, charging for the transfer cable just further proves what I've been saying for years now; MS completely abuses gamers for their peripherals. There's no way they should be charging the same price for a 360 as a PS3 when the PS3 is a BluRay player and has cheaper/less peripherals that I'd consider fairly standard or mandatory. I mean $20 for a fucking transfer cable? It's not enough that MS has convinced to do something I've never done in my life before (buy essentially the same system twice) but they have to nickel and dime you even more...weak. Ranting aside though, I'm really stoked for the new system :)

I really want one of these new 360's though so I might have to jump...to anyone who traded in their old 360 to Gamestop how much credit did you get for it towards your new 360?

Depends on model. I got $138 for my elite 120gig 360 at my gamestop which includes a bonus $25 for trading in to reserve the new system.

Damn $138 for an Elite? I have the Pro version, but I would barely get $100 for it.

Yep, I just traded in my "old" 360 elite at my local Gamestop and got an extra $25 store credit for reserving the new system. It comes out before my birthday also, I can't wait!!!

I shit you not, from seeing the web info on the new system to trading in my elite system was around a 2 hour turnaround, I am that much of a nerd. :D

How much store credit did you receive for your elite?

edit: nm missed your post

Last edited:
Depends on model. I got $138 for my elite 120gig 360 at my gamestop which includes a bonus $25 for trading in to reserve the new system.

And thats a good thing??WoW..I need to camp in front of GS and catch me an Elite for that much..What a rip!!:rolleyes:

I think he was more going after gamestop for ripping people off than you for selling your possesions. Anyways, you go ahead and keep doing as you wish with your money/possessions.

FreezeByte: I am kind of in the same boat as you. My warranty is up on my elite, and it's loud as hell so I was thinking of trading up to GS. Just checked my local craigslist and it's littered with xbox's. You would be doing very good to sell an elite for 175.00 based on what i've seen. There are elites with games, extra accessories ect going for 200.00 OBO. I dont think you did that bad, and, you dont have to deal with any wierd CL people.

If the old data transfer cable still works I have one you can borrow.

FreezeByte: I am kind of in the same boat as you. My warranty is up on my elite, and it's loud as hell so I was thinking of trading up to GS. Just checked my local craigslist and it's littered with xbox's. You would be doing very good to sell an elite for 175.00 based on what i've seen. There are elites with games, extra accessories ect going for 200.00 OBO. I dont think you did that bad, and, you dont have to deal with any wierd CL people.

And given how long it would freaking take to sell probably with the saturation of "old" 360's hitting the used market. Life is too short to wait sometimes. Just ironic that the week the new 360 is launched, im gonna be outa state on vacation

I dont think you did that bad, and, you dont have to deal with any wierd CL people.

Thats why I just deal with Gamestop for a system trade. Sure I can get more money selling it to a private party, but once you subtract the time, efford and dealing with morons + people trying to screw you over makes the Gamestop offer not seem that bad.

I thinking of pre-ordering one of those myself. But that "1 year limited console warranty" is making me ponder right now

I thinking of pre-ordering one of those myself. But that "1 year limited console warranty" is making me ponder right now

Sure is a hell of a lot better than the original 90 days the first 360's came with.

Thanks for mentioning that, I'll be picking it up with my Amex card instead to get the extended warranty.

"Hi Christopher ... I'm Nero."

... sorry just watched Star Trek.

So a USB key will allow me to transfer everything I need (game saves), and I can re-download the rest?? What about this "license transferring" I keep reading about?

So a USB key will allow me to transfer everything I need (game saves), and I can re-download the rest?? What about this "license transferring" I keep reading about?

Its attached to your gamer card so it moves over to whatever system your using. It doesn't give you the option to move/copy it anyway for obvious reasons

Well I'm somewhat curious as to the actual implications of the license transfer, as I plan on putting the new 360 into my home theater and moving the old console to my computer area. I'm going to guess that it means I'll need to re-buy any expansions/DLC's for my old console after I transfer the licenses and content to my new 360. :(

edit:
Found this post on the forums over there:
Personally, I keep all my 360 saves and profile on a Memory Unit. I use the HDD for game installs and large DLC This works out well if you have multiple consoles as you can simply move the MU between systems. As long as the other system is connected to Live, your XBOX Live login will allow your DLC to function.

One last thing: keep in mind that whatever console you first download DLC to becomes the one that DLC's console license binds to. This is true even if you do the License Transfer - if the first re-download is to the original console, the original console will again be the one the console license binds to.
So on my second console the DLC should work fine as long as I'm logged in. Cool, I can deal with that.

Last edited:
I think he was more going after gamestop for ripping people off than you for selling your possesions. Anyways, you go ahead and keep doing as you wish with your money/possessions.

You are correct which is why I didnt respond to his bullshit..;)

Back