Java Tools and Services

JC724

Weaksauce
I been coding a lot in C# for past internships. I have never had an work experience using Java.

I know in C# I use .Net and for my past two companies I have used IIS.

Is there a popular framework or IDE for Java? Is there something like IIS for Java?

IntelliJ is one of the most popular Java IDEs. Some devs are probably still using Eclipse as well. Check out the docs for both, search for some reviews, install the trials, and see which one meets your needs.

Tomcat is one of the most popular Java web app servers; Intellij allows easy development and integration of both your web and app servers. There are some other options I'm not as famliar with, such as Jetty and JBoss. You might quickly review those options to see if they are more relevant to your needs!

(I'm currently using IntelliJ, Java 8, Tomcat, MySQL; IMO, this stack is really rough compared to Microsoft servers and tools. So regardless of your choice, get ready for the diminished quality of life!)

IntelliJ is one of the most popular Java IDEs. Some devs are probably still using Eclipse as well. Check out the docs for both, search for some reviews, install the trials, and see which one meets your needs.

Tomcat is one of the most popular Java web app servers; Intellij allows easy development and integration of both your web and app servers. There are some other options I'm not as famliar with, such as Jetty and JBoss. You might quickly review those options to see if they are more relevant to your needs!

(I'm currently using IntelliJ, Java 8, Tomcat, MySQL; IMO, this stack is really rough compared to Microsoft servers and tools. So regardless of your choice, get ready for the diminished quality of life!)

This, or a spring boot for jar.

Eclipse IDE is a good java IDE... if you need a full-featured IDE... otherwise just use visual studio code. For most, VS code offers everything you want/need.

IntelliJ Community destroys eclipse. It's unreal the insight it has into the code you write sometimes

Spring boot should be the framework you're interested in IMO, embedded tomcat to start

IntelliJ Community destroys eclipse. It's unreal the insight it has into the code you write sometimes

Spring boot should be the framework you're interested in IMO, embedded tomcat to start
That's the jetbrains suite of products, right? What restrictions does the free community version put in place vs. the paid retail version?

I had tried their python and javascript focused offerings, but found them both to be excessive for my needs.

Thanks, this helped me get off to a good start for my new job

That's the jetbrains suite of products, right? What restrictions does the free community version put in place vs. the paid retail version?

I had tried their python and javascript focused offerings, but found them both to be excessive for my needs.

Sorry, never replied,

Apart from some out of the box enterprise framework support that you can get around anyway, I haven't found anything lacking from the CE for my needs to be honest. Someone starting out probably wouldn't need anything more either

I have two IDEs in my mind for you:

1. Eclipse
Eclipse is a Java IDE that is one of the 3 biggest and most popular IDE’s in the world. It was written mostly in Java but it can also be used to develop applications in other programming languages apart from Java using plug-ins.

2. BlueJ
BlueJ is a Java IDE that is widely used by Java programmers in the world. While it was originally developed for educational purposes, it is also useful in software development, although on a smaller scale.

IntelliJ CE holds the clear advantage if you are in an enterprise setting.

In the professional Java EE world, what you should concentrate on is understanding (DI) Dependency Injection as the concrete development style implementing the design pattern of IoC (Inversion of Control). In short, Java EE principles vs. Java SE. Managed vs. un-Managed.

IoC is a critical foundation of modern development thought that drives the separation of concerns between what the container should own and what your application should own. Taken another way, IoC/DI defines and operationalizes the container behavior around concrete framework interfaces (eg Spring) and helps you the developer separate your application code vs. container-driven boilerplate. Armed with that knowledge, you can learn to build Java EE applications from the correct environmental context and implement in a style that takes advantage of all the invisible framework code but gives full expression to the business behaviour it needs to produce.

I been coding a lot in C# for past internships. I have never had an work experience using Java.

I know in C# I use .Net and for my past two companies I have used IIS.

Is there a popular framework or IDE for Java? Is there something like IIS for Java?
There are many IDE for Java like IntelliJ, JDeveloper, Jcreator and many more you check this from Cyford Technologies

Back