Ivy Bridge in stores already for the Canadians?

[CoF] ATOMIC

Weaksauce
:eek:

Hey dudes!

I just went to my local CanadaComputers joint here in London, Ontario to place a deposit for one of those 22nm bad boys and lo and behold those mofos already had the 3770Ks in stock.

Apparently, they already received them two days ago. Legally however they are NOT allowed to advertise till the 29th. But you are more than welcome to come in and grab them before the official release.

So there you have it. Go see if your local retailers have them they aren't just saying anything.

ihGPt.jpg

P.S. I paid 369.99 CDN for mine. Kinda steep but my Sabertooth Z77 is collecting dust so I figured I might as well get it. Now it's just a waiting game for Corsair to release the RED Vengeance 2400MHz kits and or anything better that compares to the DDR3-2800MHz G.Skill Trident X kits (which all the Trident X have been recalled from what the store clerk told me?)

[CoF] ATOMIC;1038661205 said:
:eek:

Hey dudes!

I just went to my local CanadaComputers joint here in London, Ontario to place a deposit for one of those 22nm bad boys and lo and behold those mofos already had the 3770Ks in stock.

Apparently, they already received them two days ago. Legally however they are NOT allowed to advertise till the 29th. But you are more than welcome to come in and grab them before the official release.

So there you have it. Go see if your local retailers have them they aren't just saying anything.

ihGPt.jpg

P.S. I paid 369.99 CDN for mine. Kinda steep but my Sabertooth Z77 is collecting dust so I figured I might as well get it. Now it's just a waiting game for Corsair to release the RED Vengeance 2400MHz kits and or anything better that compares to the DDR3-2800MHz G.Skill Trident X kits (which all the Trident X have been recalled from what the store clerk
told me?)

Dude, that's awesome! You must be freaking right now. When you get your rig powered up please, let us know some thermals.:) idle and oc'd. Congratulations!

We have the i5s and i7s at my CC store here in the GTA........ Not saying which one :)
Sold an i7 today and an i5 yesterday.

I warned my manager about the whole 29th thing... but... Well... Yeah.

Last edited:
Grats dude. You're going to have fun with that. Have my Z77 Sabertooth collecting dust too. :D

asdhflalksh;fhla;kwelkh;faakshl;f

i called them 3 times today asking if they would be on the shelves SUNDAY...

it's a 1 hour drive 1 way for me... so I want to make sure it's out before I drive down there on sunday.

They weren't able to confirm... (canadacomputers ottawa).

I guess i'll phone again tomorrow morning....

Thanks for letting us know.

I shop at CC, I'd love to know what they're charging for the 3570k. Considering the price on that 3770k, the 3570k would be around $250. At those prices I might change my plans and go with a 2500k for $210 instead.

Last edited:
I shop at CC, I'd love to know what they're charging for the 3570k. Considering the price on that 3770k, the 3570k would be around $250. At those prices I might change my plans and go with a 2500k for $210 instead.

The 3570k is more than that.

Got mine at canadacomputers just now. (196km total.. lol)

Looked like they had a bunch of Ivy Bridge there.

Nice. Take the IHC off and let us know if it has TIM or solder.
;)

I'm planning to get a 3570, but only if it can be had for 250 or less. 299 is crazy considering 2500 is 199 and could even have a price drop with ib out.

Thanks for the URL. When I search for 2500k that price doesn't come up.

Always make sure to click on their weekly promo and search through it. That way you can see the 2500k for 199 and the radeon 7950 for 349 as opposed to regular pricing.

go for Z77 still
I had planned to do that but the Gigabyte UD5H board I'm looking at seems to be having some issues with 2500k CPUs. Maybe I need to wait it out and see if they iron out those problems. It's really discouraging trying to pick a motherboard cause on Newegg about one third of the reviews for every board are 1/5 stars.

Stock clocks (turbos to 3.7ghz 4 cores) It doesn't break 50c with my HR-02+700rpm 140mm fan (21c ambient)

@4.3ghz 4 cores it touched 68 once in 15 minutes of prime 95. ( I haven't touched voltage, only increased turbo multi in bios). = voltage on Auto, seems to have hit 1.2v on its own @43 multi

Stock clocks (turbos to 3.7ghz 4 cores) It doesn't break 50c with my HR-02+700rpm 140mm fan (21c ambient)

@4.3ghz 4 cores it touched 68 once in 15 minutes of prime 95. ( I haven't touched voltage, only increased turbo multi in bios). = voltage on Auto, seems to have hit 1.2v on its own @43 multi

Is that stock clock idle temp or stock clock load?

Could you share your information on some of the other "Intel Processor" threads, everyone is wanting to know the thermals on Ivy, please?...:) thanks man...

Started a thread so we can get all the Ivy Bridge information in one place, thanks so much for your input.

Last edited:
yeah, I mean, I can't believe there aren't hundreds of posts already complaining about online prices yet? I'm contemplating driving 200 miles (round trip), depending on vehicle efficiency and the chances they'll have in stock for you. I'd say it is more than worth it unless you have to drive on a dangerous freeway or you live VERY far from one. Paying $60+ for online, that's more than 30% for the 3570k on newegg compared to MC and that's not even taking into consideration any mobo discounts... what the ????

I thought I was used to seeing MC in-store prices being cheaper and offering great deals, but this still makes me sadpanda :(

First the $999 gtx 690 announcement and now this, what a horrible weekend for anyone that values their dollar performance

sigh, still priced at $240???
http://ncix.com/products/?sku=70541&vpn=BX80637I53570K&manufacture=Intel
come on, after reading what microcenter has
http://www.microcenter.com/single_product_results.phtml?product_id=0388577
it makes me not wanna get 3570k in canada anymore and just get 2500k for $200 and wait for the IB "tock"
http://www.ncix.com/products/index.php?sku=57962&vpn=BX80623I52500K&manufacture=Intel&promoid=1058

EDIT: ARGHHH, damn it just checked haswell will have a new socket LGA1150, What the ????

Last edited:
Just ordered mine from NCIX. About a $40 premium over the 2500K, but that's not too bad for a brand new processor.

At this $239 NCIX price I'm gonna go ahead with the 3570k over the 2500k. So there are no better deals out there for Canadians?

MC prices are at or below cost. Notice no other retailers are anywhere near that price point?
It really isnt normal and you shouldnt expect a company to sell at prices they dont make a profit from. It's completely unrealistic!

Back