It's the only orientation that works. Is the pump going to get noisy and destroyed?

Synomenon

Supreme [H]ardness
I'm building in an Aperio ITX:

Aperio.jpg

I have a H100i Elite Capellix 240mm AIO to use, but the only way to mount it is like this:

AIO.jpg

That's completely opposite of the way Corsair says it should be mounted: https://help.corsair.com/hc/en-us/a...should-I-mount-the-radiator-of-my-AIO-cooler-

Is the pump going to be noisy and will mounting it like this destroy it?

Attachments

• AIO.jpg
    AIO.jpg
    238.5 KB · Views: 0
Actually the way I'm going to mount it is with the radiator lower than the one pictured. The top of the radiator with the hoses coming out will just clear the top edge of the case on mine.

Hoses at the top is not ideal, but radiator above pump is really the important thing and you're covered there. Just be aware that as the AIO ages and the air pocket in the top of the rad grows, it could eventually impact performance / reliability if the liquid level no longer covers the whole outlet fitting.

Hoses at the top is not ideal, but radiator above pump is really the important thing and you're covered there. Just be aware that as the AIO ages and the air pocket in the top of the rad grows, it could eventually impact performance / reliability if the liquid level no longer covers the whole outlet fitting.
And by the time this happens you’ll be looking at a new unit anyway or it will be under warranty.

Back