IT'S REALLLLLLLLL - Prusa XL

I just watched Joel chat about it. There's a mess of features on it.

20:1 gear ratio cycloidal extruder
Nozzle is used for auto bed leveling.
New nozzle type
Jam nozzle watching
New thermister and heat break
More sensors for error messaging
Core xy
Modular heated bed
The pull up sort of draft shield.

The accordion style partial enclosure is so stupid simple. I like the idea a lot and with designing it so you can access most of it without bumping elbows into front frames is nice i like that open design.

Price really isnt bad either. Depends on what quality parts are used, currently building a voron v0 and ive dumped about 800 into something that will only be able to print 100mm3. Looking at doing a voron 2.4 and that is easily gonna run about 1500.

I got in line for one. I only deposited for the single extruder, but hoping I can change to a 2 or 5 when my ticket comes up to purchase. It sounded like I can:

Once your order is about to be shipped, you will receive a notification with the option to edit your order - select a specific XL version, add accessories, add-ons, filaments, etc.

And I'm sure I can get an upgrade kit ($$$) as well later. Just not 100% certain I need the 2 or 5 for what I do.

The accordion style partial enclosure is so stupid simple. I like the idea a lot and with designing it so you can access most of it without bumping elbows into front frames is nice i like that open design.

Price really isnt bad either. Depends on what quality parts are used, currently building a voron v0 and ive dumped about 800 into something that will only be able to print 100mm3. Looking at doing a voron 2.4 and that is easily gonna run about 1500.

I think I was all in at about $1900 for my 2.4. 300mm build.

I pre-ordered the XL, but yeah when it comes time to pay for it, idk if i will be able to afford it. I have an MK3s and a mini, but man the individual heatbed heating thing may make me replace the mini with it

I have an MK3S+ and a Mini+, I wanted to get one of these, but I can't justify the price since the other two Prusa's cover 98% of my printing needs.

My wife got me an Artillery X2 for printing anything that won't fit on the MK3S. Its not as great as a Prusa, but its pretty good and a fraction of the price. Which I like since I don't need huge prints all that often.
I just finished making parts for a dust collector for my CNC 3018 using the Artillery and the prints came out great. Have also made some hydroponics gear on it.
https://www.instructables.com/3D-Printed-Vacuum-Cleaner-for-a-CNC-Machine/

Back