It is time.

Dan_D

Extremely [H]
Introduction

Well it was time I bought some new computer hardware. It's been months since I've bought anything significant (a true record for me) so I decided to build another box. I sort of have a need but really its for fun. I've had my hands on quite a few X58 boards and it was time to make a choice. Why did I arrive here? What do I hope to accomplish, etc?

Goals

Well first off I wanted to leverage my 3-Way SLI setup and provide more processor power for the next generation video card setup. I'm also doing more with virtualization and I want to move my Skulltrail system into a more server oriented role and given the raw power of it. (Despite the age of the platform.) I think it will serve me quite well in that capacity for the foreseeable future. Beyond that it will allow me to eliminate a couple of machines while serving in that capacity and while providing additional functionality that only a dedicated server can. It will retain a single Geforce GTX 280 as I now have four of the things. It will retain it for two reasons. The purpose of folding and for the occasional "guest gamer" that makes their way to my house. The other three will be placed into my gaming box. I don't overclock much on this current machine as I have come to relay on it so heavily. So tinkering and swapping hardware is a no-go for this box. Its become more or less critical for me. The LSI MegaRAID that I have sitting on the shelf will go back into this box and provide me with the increasing storage capabilities it will need going forward. The Skulltrail system will eliminate my Core 2 E8400 machine which is also used for my network testing and storing some data for my work here at the [H]. This box is a monster encoder as well. So it will no doubt see more time in that role as well.

Motherboard Selection Criteria

Stability, overclockability, features and expansion are all key when I select a board for my personal use. The looks of the board take a back seat to everything else, but they are a factor when other factors are equal. I wanted a good electrical setup on the board. Without that overclocking just isn't going to happen. Some boards really falter here but nothing I seriously considered had faults here. It isn't about phases either. I've seen well done 8 phase power and badly done 16 phase power. The 8 phase done right beats out 16 phase power thrown together everytime. I wanted six DIMM slots for future expansion. Don't know that I'll use them, probably won't but you never know. I like options. I wanted eSATA support. So that was a must. I didn't want to mess with headers or anything like that for eSATA so it had to be on the back plane. Obviously since 3-Way SLI support today was an issue for me, I had to have at least 3 PCI-Express x16 slots. I also wanted a way to install a PCI-Express audio card and still run air cooling on my video cards. This limits my options considerably.

There was also a question. nForce 200 MCP or not to nForce 200 MCP? The usefulness of this chip is debatable. It does generate some extra heat and use slightly more power. In the end I decided that I could take or leave this feature.

Boards I Considered

Gigabyte EX58-UD5/EX58-Extreme

I briefly considered the Gigabyte EX58-UD5 and EX58-Extreme. While both good boards, I have to confess, I've not had the best luck with Gigabyte boards in my personal machines. I've had very good experiences reviewing them but ultimately I decided to go with my gut on this one and skip these offerings this time around. I still recommend these boards quite often in the forums and will continue to do so, but I decided these weren't for me.

ASUS P6T Deluxe/V2/P6T

As I've stated numerous times. This board's layout basically takes 3-Way SLI off the table. So it was elimanted for consideration. Though it is a fantastic board. The P6T was elimanted due to an 8-phase power implementation, it only had 6 SATA ports, and I'm not fond of the onboard audio controller. I'd have to rely on this if chosen as with this board I can't squeeze an audio card onto this board with 3 Geforce GTX 280's. Thus, it was eliminated. The P6T Deluxe v2 was eliminated due to being almost identical to the standard P6T Deluxe.

ASUS P6T6 WS Revolution

This board was really something to consider for me. It met all my requirements and did so very nicely. In the end I eliminated this board only because I don't feel like the cooling system handles the heat out put of the nForce 200 MCP as well as I'd like. Kyle reported the board got fairly hot as a result, though it handled it fine. I wanted less ambient case heat. This was really the only consideration that dropped this board from the running.

ASUS Rampage II Extreme

What can I say? I loved this board. In the end it was eliminated because I don't like the slot placement. The third PCI-Express x16 card would be farther down than I care for. If I had the opportunity to test fit the board in my case with my video cards, I might have gone with it.

MSI Eclipse

I'll just say that while the board isn't bad, it isn't the best X58 board I've seen thus far. I eliminated this board for a variety of reasons. The largest one being that my personal luck with MSI boards in my own machines has been hit or miss. The overclocking isn't what I was hoping for either.

Foxconn Blood Rage

No, I didn't actually consider this board. Hit the link and find out why if you haven't read the article yet. :D Short and simple answer: It was eliminated due to the layout and issues I encountered with it.

EVGA X58 3X SLI

This was a decent board for me when I tested it but it was slightly more problematic than I cared for. It just wasn't as pleasant to deal with as my ASUS or Gigabyte experiences were. That and I felt that the power setup could have been better on it. Specifically I was looking for a digital PWM configuration if I selected anything from EVGA.

EVGA X58 3X SLI Classified

In the end this is the board I went with. Why? Well the layout is the best Iv'e seen so far. It also is the only board I've found that will allow me to have an audio card and all three of my Geforce GTX 280's installed at the same time. The cooling system is reported to be excellent and of course I'm a huge fan of the Digital PWM setup EVGA has used in the past. By all accounts it is a fantastic overclocker and little details like the locking SATA ports improve the overall experience in my opinion. Though I have never seen this board before, I like what I've heard from all that I've read thus far. It has the features I was looking for, the overclockability I am looking for, the stability should be at least as good as that of the X58 3X SLI which was a good board in its own right. This just seemed like the board for me. Even if my luck isn't so good with it, I know EVGA stands behind their product. So I'm going to give them a shot. This is a bit of a departure for me as most of my personal systems have been Intel or ASUS board based. Intel for non-overclocked/gaming systems and ASUS for my main rigs, and gaming boxes. I had bad luck with the EVGA 680i SLI's but I blame NVIDIA and the actual manufacturer of the boards which wasn't EVGA themselves. So while those boards were aweful, I'm not blaming EVGA for this. The biggest con for me was the price, but oh well. If it will push my Core i7 920 to where I want it to be, I'll avoid buying a more expensive Core i7. Thus, the cost will be justified.

New System Specifications

Case: Silverstone TJ09B (No window.)
PSU: Corsair HX1000
CPU: Intel Core i7 920 Boxed
CPU HSF: Thermalright Ultra 120 Extreme 1366 RT
RAM: Corsiar Dominator GT DDR3 2000MHz Triple Channel Kit (Very impressed with these.)
HDD: Western Digital Velociraptor (RAID 1)
Optical: LG 8x Blue Ray Burner (SATA)
Video Card(s): BFG Technologies Geforce GTX 280 OC (x3) (Already have these.)
Audio: Creative X-Fi Titanium PCI-Express

Essentially only the hard drives and the video cards are getting re-used. The rest of the system will be a brand new build. I could have reused more as currently the system I'm using has a Thermaltake 1200watt and a TJ09 as well. I would have just had to swap the motherboard, RAM and CPU. But I decided to keep that system intact for the reasons mentioned above.

More to follow as parts come in. :cool:

Wow Dan, that board looks awesome and expensive :)... and that heatsink looks massive!

Let us know how the build goes.

Wow Dan, that board looks awesome and expensive :)... and that heatsink looks massive!

Let us know how the build goes.

While the price is high, I'm not new to boards of that price point. I've had many SMP capable boards which easily hit $500+ price tags.

As for the build itself, will do. I'll post pics and everything when the time comes.

Look like it's shaping up to be an awesome rig Dan.
I've just gotten a EVGA Classified and a D0 stepping i7 920. Hope the build goes well for you.

Any new news on this? I'm considering the same board and would like your thoughts... ;)

Any new news on this? I'm considering the same board and would like your thoughts... ;)

I haven't even had a chance to power the system up yet. I hope to get some time with it this weekend. Not all the parts are in yet, but I can start testing on the bench anytime now. I've got it assembled, I just need to plug in the PSU and go.

I haven't even had a chance to power the system up yet. I hope to get some time with it this weekend. Not all the parts are in yet, but I can start testing on the bench anytime now. I've got it assembled, I just need to plug in the PSU and go.

Please post a work log. And I don't mean a 1,000 pics of you unboxing stuff. I mean real notes about your experiance with the board and overclocking.

I second that. I'm really interested in this board, but really leery of spending this much money on a mobo. I love the look of the board and think it will look awesome in my new Coolermaster HAF 932. I'd love to get the matching Dominator RAM as well, but crap, that's like 3X what I can buy stock Corsair XMS3 for! :eek:

Please post a work log. And I don't mean a 1,000 pics of you unboxing stuff. I mean real notes about your experiance with the board and overclocking.

I plan on it. That's really what this thread was for.

So far I had no issues with getting the OS loaded. Still haven't updated it, nor have I got all the drivers loaded. So far though no issues to report. Running everything on stock settings at the moment.

In the end I eliminated this board only because I don't feel like the cooling system handles the heat out put of the nForce 200 MCP as well as I'd like. Kyle reported the board got fairly hot as a result, though it handled it fine. I wanted less ambient case heat. This was really the only consideration that dropped this board from the running.
For the record, a better passive chipset cooler like the Classified has will not affect the amount of ambient case heat, since the components will still have the same heat output. Only the temperatures of the components will be affected, and as you mentioned, that would still not be much of an issue. The only way to reduce the amount of heat in a case would be to either reduce the amount of power consumption within it, or to improve case airflow to speed up the process of expelling the waste heat.

Also, will you be doing an official review for the Classified? It seems like this would be the perfect opportunity to do so considering you'll be getting a ton of hands-on experience with it anyway.

For the record, a better passive chipset cooler like the Classified has will not affect the amount of ambient case heat, since the components will still have the same heat output. Only the temperatures of the components will be affected, and as you mentioned, that would still not be much of an issue. The only way to reduce the amount of heat in a case would be to either reduce the amount of power consumption within it, or to improve case airflow to speed up the process of expelling the waste heat.

Also, will you be doing an official review for the Classified? It seems like this would be the perfect opportunity to do so considering you'll be getting a ton of hands-on experience with it anyway.

I haven't discussed it with Kyle. I could very well do my part of the review quite easily, but he'd have to work with the board for awhile to do the part of the testing he does. Since I bought the board for gaming and overclocking specifically, I'll get to spend more time on this board overclocking than I normally do given the time frame of a normal review. Normally I've got a limited amount of time to do the work. Being that most of us at the [H] have day jobs in addition to our work for the [H] we can sometimes end up short on time. Much of the time I do not get to spend as much time as I'd like tweaking and overclocking a board. At least in this case I won't be quite so limited on time.

bout time the motherboard editor posted about his own stuff lol

i havent found anything i dont like about the classified yet, i'll be interested to see if you find anything ( apart from the retarded price )

bout time the motherboard editor posted about his own stuff lol

i havent found anything i dont like about the classified yet, i'll be interested to see if you find anything ( apart from the retarded price )

I post about my stuff all the time. However I haven't upgraded in awhile. So there wasn't much to say. I've been running my Skulltrail since Febuary 2008 I believe. The only thing I changed for quite some time was the video cards and the hard drives. I've had tons of case threads, video card upgrade experiences and other posts about mice and keyboards.

There are things I don't like about the EVGA X58 3X SLI Classified. It uses Realtek hardware for the LAN and audio. I'm not a fan of that. Fortunately, since the expansion slot layout is so good, I can get around this by using an Intel Server NIC and a add in audio board. Even if I didn't do that I still think the onboard hardware is servicable. It just isn't necessarily ideal. The network will be good enough for online gaming and internet access. So I won't worry about that. The audio is ok, if all the other boards using the Realtek solutions are any indcation. If not, I can easily throw a PCI-Express X-Fi Titanium in the system and be done with that. I may do that anyway. No board is perfect, but out of all the boards on the market that I had to choose from, I felt this one was the best fit for me and what I wanted to do with it. Great overclocking (supposedly) and a great layout are the things that won me over. By far this board has the best layout of all X58 boards on the market today. The only ones that comes close is the P6T6 WS Revolution.

Last edited:
How is this going? Any updates?

I'm running the setup now. I ended up using my exisiting Thermaltake ToughPower 1200watt PSU. However I haven't spent much time overclocking it or anything like that. My 3-Way SLI setup went in fine, but I haven't really played any games with it. Also, the Silverstone TJ-09 also isn't ideal for the board. I do not have the ability to make use of all four PCI-Express x16 slots.

I got the system to 4.2GHz and I everything was working great. Overall I'm very happy with the setup. The screenshots actually show a different memory speed than what I finally achieved which was DDR3 1866MHz. Here are my results below:

CPUMAX.jpg

MEMMAX.jpg

About two days ago I end up with BSOD's, random reboots, and the system wouldn't stay running for more than a few minutes at a time. I threw a different set of modules in the machine and ran it at stock. Well today I finally got to do some trouble shooting and it turns out a single module out of my Corsair Dominator GT TR3X6G2000C8GT kit bit the dust. The module won't run at stock speeds which bites the big one. So now I've got an RMA request pending with Corsair.

yeah there has been.. my friend went through 3 rma's with the dominators on his i7..

Damn that sucks. I've worked with two sets of them now. One I've used on about a couple of different boards without issues. The other set is the one I'm using in my system which now has the one failed module. I kept everything within their rated specifications too and this still happened.

Looks like it's going to be a killer setup! I hope everything goes smoothly (beside the bad memory).

Last edited:
Looks like it's going to be a killer setup! I hope everything goes smoothly.

Everything did go smoothly outside of the one failed memory module. Right now I'm using only two of the three modules. So I'm sitting on 4GB of RAM instead of 6GB until I get the RMA process finished. :(

Dan, what's your opinion on safe voltages OC'ing the i7 ? i see you were feeding it 1.47 in the e-leet, is that something you'd be happy using 24/7 ? or ideally do you wanna keep it at something lower ?

i just keep reading so many different voltage numbers from different people as a 'good area' to be in it confuses me lol.

Dan, what's your opinion on safe voltages OC'ing the i7 ? i see you were feeding it 1.47 in the e-leet, is that something you'd be happy using 24/7 ? or ideally do you wanna keep it at something lower ?

i just keep reading so many different voltage numbers from different people as a 'good area' to be in it confuses me lol.
The maximum safe voltage levels come from Intel's processor datasheets. The 45nm Core 2 CPUs have an absolute maximum voltage specification of 1.45V, and the chips have a maximum voltage overshoot of 50mV, so the maximum accepted safe value is 1.4V to compensate for that. With the i7 CPUs, the absolute maximum voltage is 1.55V, so according to the same concept, the maximum safe voltage would be 1.5V.

As Zero82z already stated, the same voltage maximum is about 1.55v. Still I don't at all feel uncomfortable about. I'd like to use less voltage, but this chip seems to need a lot to stabalize at 4.2GHz. I am not 100% sure on that as stability problems I was experiencing at lower voltages may have been thrown off by that RAM module failing. You also have to account for vdroop. Even with the vdroop compensation built into the EVGA, ASUS and other board models, there is still some voltage fluctuation so the final actual voltage range will be lower than what you set in the BIOS. If I could use less voltage it would bring my temps into a better range possibly allowing for a higher overclock.

Also bear in mind that I don't care if the CPU lasts a long time or not. At most I'll probably use it in my gaming machine another 6 months or so before upgrading again. I don't usually keep hardware more than a year (aside from monitors and cases) and as a result I really don't care what the longevity of it is like. My other systems aren't overclocked, thus reliability is most important to me, but my gaming rig always is. I push hardware hard and as a result I have realistic expectations for their life span.

The maximum safe voltage levels come from Intel's processor datasheets. The 45nm Core 2 CPUs have an absolute maximum voltage specification of 1.45V, and the chips have a maximum voltage overshoot of 50mV, so the maximum accepted safe value is 1.4V to compensate for that. With the i7 CPUs, the absolute maximum voltage is 1.55V, so according to the same concept, the maximum safe voltage would be 1.5V.

Agreed.

Thats a bummer, but you'll have one beautifully setup once everything is sorted out! :)

Thank you. It worked extremely well before the RAM module died on me.

Also, the Silverstone TJ-09 also isn't ideal for the board. I do not have the ability to make use of all four PCI-Express x16 slots.

This is alarming to me, I was planning on the same board and case, what exactly is the problem here? Have other people had this problem with any other cases and are you planning on changing cases because of this?

If you have the time, would you mind take a pic of the PCI-E slot that is unusable? also, pics of the whole rig after you are done would be appreciated if you don't mind :)

This is alarming to me, I was planning on the same board and case, what exactly is the problem here? Have other people had this problem with any other cases and are you planning on changing cases because of this?

If you have the time, would you mind take a pic of the PCI-E slot that is unusable? also, pics of the whole rig after you are done would be appreciated if you don't mind :)

The rig has already been put together. I just haven't taken any shots of it. The reason why the 4th PCI-Express slot is unsuable is because I'm running 3 Geforce GTX 280's in 3-Way SLI. I was hoping to use the last PCI-Express slot, freeing up the third slot right above it. If I could have used the third slot I could have added a fourth card for PhysX or I could have used my LSI MegaRAID (OROM issues not withstanding). I could have also used a server NIC instead of the Realtek trash built into the board. The reason why I can't use the last slot on the board is because the card would have to hang off the last PCI-Express slot in the case and a support bracket below the motherboard creates a clearance issue.

Stupid question, but can the support bracket be removed? I haven't had a chance to look at my TJ-10 to check if it's riveted or screwed, but it would probably be possible to mod if you really need to use the last slot.

Also bear in mind that I don't care if the CPU lasts a long time or not. At most I'll probably use it in my gaming machine another 6 months or so before upgrading again. I don't usually keep hardware more than a year (aside from monitors and cases) and as a result I really don't care what the longevity of it is like. My other systems aren't overclocked, thus reliability is most important to me, but my gaming rig always is. I push hardware hard and as a result I have realistic expectations for their life span.
I have been debating this my self lately. Currently I'm limited by my motherboard (need to decrease my GTLVREF, but sadly that's only an option on the 790i) or it would be a tougher debate.

When I was in college I couldn't afford to nuke a computer part, hell I usally paid more than I could afford to buy something, but now.... now I think I would actually soldier to my motherboard to decrease the GTLVREF if I could figure out where to soldier the pot to.

Unfortunantly I'm buying a house atm so computer upgrades are being put off for a little bit, otherwise I'm pretty sure I'd own a i7 by now. I think I'd be ok with running maybe as high as 1.6V or perhaps 1.7V, but that's because I'd be alright if I fried my CPU in 6 months. Frankly, if Intel is happy saying thier CPU can run for 3 years at 1.55V, then if I want mine to run for only 1 year....

But for now it's academic, as I don't currently own an i7, and I'm not going to say someone else should run thier CPU at such a voltage. Oh, and if anyone knows where to soldier a pot onto a 780i, lemme know :D

Stupid question, but can the support bracket be removed? I haven't had a chance to look at my TJ-10 to check if it's riveted or screwed, but it would probably be possible to mod if you really need to use the last slot.

I probably could, but I'm not going to. I won't hack up a $300 case.

Aw.... hack it up... you know you want to and will anyways...lol.

If the Asus P6T7 had been out a little sooner, do you think you might consider it over the classified? Im gunshy with the EVGA's because it seems like I know too many people around me that end up with buggy boards from them. If I wanted to take that risk, I would try to get one of the new Giga-Byte GA-EX58A-Extreme's. I loved Giga-Byte in the 90's because of their stability, but now it seems like they are 'touchy'... I would say their stability depends alot on what components you use with them.

P6T7...
It has dual NF200's, so heat might be a problem, but it also sports 7 PCI-E x16 slots so you could run your X-Fi on there as well. Wait... heat? YOU, DAN D, are concerned with HEAT? Time to whip out the waterblocks cheif. Slap a block on that SB and those NF200's... Then you could remove the dual-slot PCI brackets on those GTX280's, put some watercool heatkiller blocks on them, and run them as single-slot GPU's... even with your X-Fi this would leave 3 of the x16 slots open still.

Aw.... hack it up... you know you want to and will anyways...lol.

If the Asus P6T7 had been out a little sooner, do you think you might consider it over the classified? Im gunshy with the EVGA's because it seems like I know too many people around me that end up with buggy boards from them. If I wanted to take that risk, I would try to get one of the new Giga-Byte GA-EX58A-Extreme's. I loved Giga-Byte in the 90's because of their stability, but now it seems like they are 'touchy'... I would say their stability depends alot on what components you use with them.

P6T7...
It has dual NF200's, so heat might be a problem, but it also sports 7 PCI-E x16 slots so you could run your X-Fi on there as well. Wait... heat? YOU, DAN D, are concerned with HEAT? Time to whip out the waterblocks cheif. Slap a block on that SB and those NF200's... Then you could remove the dual-slot PCI brackets on those GTX280's, put some watercool heatkiller blocks on them, and run them as single-slot GPU's... even with your X-Fi this would leave 3 of the x16 slots open still.

I will not hack the case up. Granted I could do it quite nicely, but I don't have any desire to do so. The case served me well for my Skulltrail, and perhaps I'll keep the Skulltrail in the TJ-09 and use something like the new Corair 800D when it comes out. In any case I am concerned with heat. I have done the watercooling thing before and frankly, it is a huge pain in the ass for me. As much as I change out hardware in my computer water cooling just isn't worth it to me at this point. I don't want to mess with it.

I would have considered the ASUS P6T7 Supercomputer if it had been out when I bought my EVGA X58 3X SLI Classified.

I'm really surprised the [H] guys don't use WCing. After all, it's [H] ;) But great build Dan, I'm probably going to follow the same route as you with the EVGA Classified.

I'm really surprised the [H] guys don't use WCing. After all, it's [H] ;) But great build Dan, I'm probably going to follow the same route as you with the EVGA Classified.

Kyle does. I have in the past, and I know Morry has at one time or another. I still use it on my test bench but in my own system it makes little sense. Seriously, I change hardware too often for it to be practical. It just isn't worth the headaches for me.

I use water cooling on all the boards here. Morry is also using water for his setups although we generally focus on air for overclocking. Also, if you have seen any of our past articles, the TRUE coolers that we use are just as efficient as ambient temp water cooling when used on an open bench.

Here is a look at exactly that.

http://enthusiast.hardocp.com/article.html?art=MTU4MSwxLCxoZW50aHVzaWFzdA==

I am using a Koolance Exos 2 and CPU-350 block now on my 920. Running 3.6GHz at all stock voltages now. 3.8 took some vCore and I was good with keeping it at stock on my daily rig. First time in a long time I have run an OC this big on a my daily driver....

Like the report so far.
Good to see you chose the Classified.:D
I really like my Classified..........with water on the CPU and the NB I have a 920 (C0) at 4.2 GHz pretty much 24/7. I use 1.43 VCore.

I'm thinking maybe a D0 could get me a little more......but I'm sweating opening up the CPU hold down after reading about Kyle's random problems and the same with guys on the evga forums.

Like the report so far.
Good to see you chose the Classified.:D
I really like my Classified..........with water on the CPU and the NB I have a 920 (C0) at 4.2 GHz pretty much 24/7. I use 1.43 VCore.

I'm thinking maybe a D0 could get me a little more......but I'm sweating opening up the CPU hold down after reading about Kyle's random problems and the same with guys on the evga forums.

I'm running just under 4.2GHz on air cooling right now. My CPU does seem to need more VCore than yours does. I have to use 1.475v and not an increment less. I'm not sure what you mean by the CPU hold down issues. I haven't heard of any issues with the CPU socket which is what I believe you are referring to.

Ah I see, yea makes sense given how much you guys change out hardware all the time. :p

I hear ya on the water cooling thing... it CAN be a pita... but if you plan it out, it can actually be easier than air. If you use a large external radiator/rez/pump setup, all you have in the case is blocks. You can run the tubes into the case from the rear with some double tap quick disconnects, and there you have it... easier than air cooling. Concerns about case fans or clearance with ram sinks are nullified, and you can easily disconnect and redo any internal plumbing on the fly. I did this with mysetup, and it works great. I can shut off the computer, disconnect the case from the external setup in a couple seconds, and have the components in the case drained in seconds. With a screwdriver, I can have all the blocks out in less than a minute... NB, CPU, and GPU. If you go with the traditional 'cram it all in a case' setup... well, yeah, its a pain when it comes to swappin time. The only waterblock that needs to be swapped out alot is the GPU... somewhat. Some like the Koolance keep the same GPU block, and swap out an adapter plate for the rest (Im sure you know this). CPU blocks also have more longevity than their air counterparts, usually just needing a new mounting plate or adapter to be used on a new board. Just tossin' it out there to you guys... water cooling, if planned out right, can be MORE convenient than air. In my case, I can hook up multiple computers to the same pump/rez/rad setup since its a massive external radiator... so I can have a room full of silent computers and all I need to buy for a new box is the waterblocks. Now that is convenient. My rad/pump/rez can last me several generations of cases, motherboards, etc. No more worries about case airflow either... since its all exported anyways... I could use some crap $20 case with lacking 80mm fan cooling from 10 years ago, and it really wouldnt matter.

Back