Issues safely removing a external drive connected to USB type c port.

vegeta535

[H]F Junkie
So I can't safely remove my external HDD when it is connected to the type C port. It doesn't even show up in the list. It shows in file explorer when connected. It doesn't even show up in the right click send to list. It works perfectly fine when I connect it to a type A port. All drivers are updated for usb and the drive. The option to select quick connect in device manager is not there with type C but it is so with type A. It is a weird issue that use too work with type C.

So I can't safely remove my external HDD when it is connected to the type C port. It doesn't even show up in the list. It shows in file explorer when connected. It doesn't even show up in the right click send to list. It works perfectly fine when I connect it to a type A port. All drivers are updated for usb and the drive. The option to select quick connect in device manager is not there with type C but it is so with type A. It is a weird issue that use too work with type C.
Sounds like something got buggered in the registry. Look for the device entry in device manager which corresponds with that device when plugged into the usb-c port and uninstall that device. Be careful not to uninstall the one associated with the usb type-a port, as that is a separate entry. Do not uninstall your hub or southbridge!

That may resolve your problem, but if not you may have to dig deeper.

Sounds like something got buggered in the registry. Look for the device entry in device manager which corresponds with that device when plugged into the usb-c port and uninstall that device. Be careful not to uninstall the one associated with the usb type-a port, as that is a separate entry. Do not uninstall your hub or southbridge!

That may resolve your problem, but if not you may have to dig deeper.
I tried that already earlier. Something is borked. It has been like this since the last clean install.

Back