Is Windows 22H2 officially released already?

With my 5900X, using 22H2, it is showing the last BIOS time as 9.7 seconds. And that is with Fast Boot (Setting in Windows) OFF.

im not sure what my fast boot settings are but my sig system says 10.2
its faster if i disconnect my usb drives.

I only have 2 nvme drives, on 22H2, boot time is 7.5 secs. Mind you it was that on Win 10 as well. Fast boot disabled (and splash screen disabled because I prefer the POST info). Rig in sig...

Last edited:
no ext. drive connected
1665836890957.png

no ext. drive connected
View attachment 518676
It's about the processor, I was thinking of replacing the 2700x, but somehow it seems to me that it's unprofitable, in games the 5600x is much faster, but let's say in cpu-z i have a bigger cpu multi thread.
I would have to pay too much money to get a boost in games, and it's not like the rtx 3060 kills the 2700x very much.
If I had a stronger gpu then I would probably need a 5600x or higher

The whole "Moment 1" thing is now available via Windows Update. DL'ing it right now.

EDIT: Looks like they didn't include many/most of the new stuff originally expected. I think they simply just rolled out the tabbed File Explorer. I'm also noticing that you can't drag and drop between tabs, either. You can use keyboard shortcuts, but it seems odd that you can't mouse your way between tabs very well. It isn't quite "what's the point" but it's a little half assed.

Last edited:
After using the new File Explorer for a couple days, I'm not sure I like it. I can't seem to get things to look like I want vs. the older versions. It's hard to tell what's a shortcut vs. what's a "real" folder via the quick menu (on the left side) and such. You have to be careful about what you try to remove. The tabs feel kinda gimmicky since you can't separate them or drag and drop between them. I'd describe it a little like the Start Menu of Windows 11 at launch: I like the idea, but it feels half-finished. Maybe future revisions will allow you to better customize what's on the left side and separate/drag & drop?

the navigation pane is all shortcuts to real folders, with your pinned items at the top, those you can only pin/unpin. the bottom file explorer only shows real files, not shortcuts and you can move/drag/drop/delete just like normal.

I didn't even know about this update till today is the Nvidia bug a real problem or has it been patched already?

This update is nice with the folders content peaking out they moved stuff around like Window Key +P projection to the bottom of the screen. At least Start 11 still works with it.

Last edited:
Well, my 6700 machine has updated to 11 22H2 and guess what: now, if I have the iGPU enabled, games would never go beyond 20-30fps on the PCIE Rx 480 card. Same thing with the 6700k/Rx580 after that update. I couldn't find a solution online though. Disabling Intel 530 brings stuff back to the normal 60+ fps, but why is it so?

Well, my 6700 machine has updated to 11 22H2 and guess what: now, if I have the iGPU enabled, games would never go beyond 20-30fps on the PCIE Rx 480 card. Same thing with the 6700k/Rx580 after that update. I couldn't find a solution online though. Disabling Intel 530 brings stuff back to the normal 60+ fps, but why is it so?

My guess is that it's trying to use your iGPU as the preferred graphics processor. This is a side-effect of how GPUs work on gaming laptops. You have the integrated GPU that is used for as much as possible in order to save battery life, and the discrete GPU is only used as needed. A game can use either GPU, and still display on your primary monitor, regardless of which GPU your monitor is actually plugged into.

Unfortunately, while I know how to fix this on an Nvidia (dedicated GPU) / Intel (iGPU) system, I'm not sure exactly how to fix it on an AMD (dedicated GPU) / Intel (iGPU) system. Usually it involves making sure that your graphics settings aren't set to max power savings; set them to High performance / Max performance instead.

Try this: https://www.ubisoft.com/en-us/help/article/switching-to-your-pcs-dedicated-gpu-amd/000081033

My guess is that it's trying to use your iGPU as the preferred graphics processor. This is a side-effect of how GPUs work on gaming laptops. You have the integrated GPU that is used for as much as possible in order to save battery life, and the discrete GPU is only used as needed. A game can use either GPU, and still display on your primary monitor, regardless of which GPU your monitor is actually plugged into.

Unfortunately, while I know how to fix this on an Nvidia (dedicated GPU) / Intel (iGPU) system, I'm not sure exactly how to fix it on an AMD (dedicated GPU) / Intel (iGPU) system. Usually it involves making sure that your graphics settings aren't set to max power savings; set them to High performance / Max performance instead.

Try this: https://www.ubisoft.com/en-us/help/article/switching-to-your-pcs-dedicated-gpu-amd/000081033
I do not have any option on the AMD Adrenaline driver where to change the default VGA. I guess I am gonna have to get accostumied with this new version of Windows 11. Thanks anyway.

I do not have any option on the AMD Adrenaline driver where to change the default VGA. I guess I am gonna have to get accostumied with this new version of Windows 11. Thanks anyway.

There might be a BIOS setting where you can change your primary GPU? I know MSI boards have a setting for that.

I assume no right click with full options is still not something that can be selected? I hate having to click "show more options". I know there were registry fixes, but those never worked for me as I assume each minor update breaks them.

That along with never combining task bar makes the GUI too unusable for me. Anytime I have more than one instance of a folder or program open productivity drops.

I assume no right click with full options is still not something that can be selected? I hate having to click "show more options". I know there were registry fixes, but those never worked for me as I assume each minor update breaks them.

That along with never combining task bar makes the GUI too unusable for me. Anytime I have more than one instance of a folder or program open productivity drops.
No update broke the reg fix yet for me, the ungrouping on the taskbar still require a 3rd party intervention I am pretty sure, which I imagine if you have a limited amount of monitors could be quite a big deal.

But there is folder tab (like with the with the cmd-powershell) in the default explorer without having to use the the FreeCommander-TotalCommander third party file manager app now, but it is very basic.

No update broke the reg fix yet for me, the ungrouping on the taskbar still require a 3rd party intervention I am pretty sure, which I imagine if you have a limited amount of monitors could be quite a big deal.

That is interesting. I could never get the registry fix to work. I googled around at the time and it seemed like updates broke it. Maybe I followed a dated/wrong reg fix method?

But there is folder tab (like with the with the cmd-powershell) in the default explorer without having to use the the FreeCommander-TotalCommander third party file manager app now, but it is very basic.

Folder tabs is okay, but kind of contradictory. At first they wanted to force group everything into one, now they're splitting things, awkwardly at that. The main problem for me is I cannot minimize and maximize folders quickly. You have to click, view preview, maximize, then minimize. Click, view preview, maximize other folder. 6 steps instead of 2. If I'm switching between folders or multiple text files, or program instances frequently it always causes a pause in my work flow. Or I end up opening the same folder twice because I didn't realize it was still open.

I don't mind them options, but forcing the slowest method is something I don't understand. This is especially problematic if you're on a laptop with a smaller screen because I need to minimize and maximize things quicker.

Typically there is always something to complain about in a new Windows version but I can adapt for most of the things. Not allowing ungrouping in the task bar just isn't one of them. I was hoping the first major update would bring it back, but now I am considering installing Win 10 on my laptop.

There might be a BIOS setting where you can change your primary GPU? I know MSI boards have a setting for that.
There is that option indeed, PCIE is selected as primary, as it's always been, what changed was Windows 11 behavior after 22H2. No sucess so far, I'll have to enable/disable everytime I need to use the iGPU or play.

if you dont use the igpu just disable it. otherwise it sounds like its acting normal to me.

Did you use via the powershell method ? cpy-pasting should make it error free.
https://www.majorgeeks.com/content/page/show_more_options_11.html

I am really unsure why allowing ungrouping take so much time to bring back

Thanks, that worked within folders. But not on the desktop itself for some reason. I just ran the .reg file and not the command line. Will doing it via the command like make it work on the desktop as well? Will probably try that later.

Back