Is this a good deal on a prebuilt cyberpower pc.

Hikaru IchijoSL

Limp Gawd

• CAS: CORSAIR 5000D SERIES AIRFLOW Edition ATX Mid-Tower Gaming Chassis [+92]
  • CPU: Intel® Core™ Processor i7-12700K 8P/16 + 4E 3.60GHz [Turbo 5.0GHz] 25MB Cache LGA1700
  • CS_FAN: Default case fans
  • FAN: Cooler Master MasterLiquid ML360 Mirror 360mm ARGB CPU Liquid Cooler with Dual Chamber Pump & Copper Cold Plate [+20]
  • HDD: 1TB WD Black SN770 Series PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 SSD - Seq R/W: Up to 5150/4900 MB/s, Rnd R/W up to 740/800k [+0] (Single Drive)
  • MEMORY: 32GB (8GBx4) DDR4/3200MHz Memory (ADATA XPG Z1)
  • MOTHERBOARD: MSI MAG Z690 TOMAHAWK WIFI DDR4 ATX WiFi 6, ARGB 2.5GbE LAN 3 PCIE X16 1PCIE X1, 6 SATA3, 3X M.2 SATA/PCIE [+146]
  • OS: Windows 10 Home (64-bit Edition). Free Upgrade to Windows 11 *(see below) [+0]
  • POWERSUPPLY: 850 Watts - CoolerMaster MWE GOLD 850 - V2 80 PLUS GOLD Ultra Quiet Full Modular Power Supply
  • VIDEO: GeForce RTX™ 3070 Ti 8GB GDDR6X Video Card (Ampere) [VR Ready] [+0] (Single Card)
  • WARRANTY: STANDARD WARRANTY: 1 Year Parts WARRANTY
  • _PRICE: (+2279)

Would i be able to build it myself at that price.
2 questions before I decide. Is the cooler overkill and do i need more case fans

Put the parts in pcpartpicker and see what prices you get. That will give you your answer. Otherwise don't buy pre-built because they are trash is my stance.

Like said above, you're just paying extra to not DIY, which is fine if you have no interest or are afraid.

Price seems high for 3070ti and default case fans. IMHO if you go for a corsair case, go for their fans and cooler. I hate running multiple software for rgb. But it'll work fine as is, the cm coolers are nice too

Agreed with the comments above. The price seems high, especially with gpu prices beginning to drop. I suggest looking at other pre-builts, you can find some really good deals if you can wait. Of course you'll always be giving up some upgradeability and hardware per dollar with pre-builts but if it's a good brand I wouldn't hesitate if it fills you rneeds

GPU prices are dropping and availability is growing fast, plus new generation cards are likely coming this year meaning these will get even cheaper - if you can wait!

That's the best choice, you'll probably save yourself a few hundred just by waiting a few months towards the end of the year.

Don't buy buy from cyborpower, they are complete crap!
This goes to show you that you get what you pay for. Cyberpower may use good-quality components on its custom-built PCs, but the reason why these PCs cost so much less is in the assembly and packing. Assembly quality is mediocre at best, while the company simply doesn't pack the PCs correctly, exacerbating the already mediocre-at-best assembly. It's no surprise that Cyberpower PCs almost consistently arrive with damaged or DOA parts.

This goes to show you that you get what you pay for. Cyberpower may use good-quality components on its custom-built PCs, but the reason why these PCs cost so much less is in the assembly and packing. Assembly quality is mediocre at best, while the company simply doesn't pack the PCs correctly, exacerbating the already mediocre-at-best assembly. It's no surprise that Cyberpower PCs almost consistently arrive with damaged or DOA parts.
It does make me sad. Because it would save me time not having to order and build it from scratch. But if I am going to have problems it is not worth it.

I have never owned a pre built but there are certainly some made with good quality. Cheap assembly doesn't mean it's going to fall apart. It's likely they use the cheapest thermal paste, maybe the cases are on the cheap side, etc. If you're not going to overclock or swap parts much, I wouldn't worry about it. Just check reviews to be sure.

Back