Is there a trend of RAM memory stick price increase?

We know scalpers are everywhere right now. Is the price of DDR3 and DDR4 ram sticks gonna increase much? Is there a trend of price increase? How about SSD?
Kindly share your market watch at your area.

Maybe a slight bump but RAM and SSDs are both well saturated in the secondhand market so I don't think you'll have any problem finding a deal. Both are well matured in their current forms. Nothing really "new" in either segment.

Ram prices are gonna skyrocket when the warehouses have an "outage" ;)

Prices are definitely on the increase. Don't think it'll hit the peak heights of twoish years ago though.

DDR-3000 2x8GB
1612424223955.png

DDR-3600 2x16GB
1612424061868.png

https://pcpartpicker.com/trends/
if you want to look at the rest of the trends, videocards, power supplies, etc.

Last edited:
Just saw a story at techpowerup saying that ddr3 prices are going to increase by 50% this year due to the big three cutting production permanently. No news about ddr4.

No doubt the shortage issues are going to cause a price increase. Seems to have somewhat stabilized at about +25%. The real question is how long it will last. I'd like to wait it out. I hate buying tech for more than I could have gotten it in the past. Tech is supposed to decrease in price.

Supply seems to be causing everything to cost a bit more, but also less price separation between different specs.

I just bought a 32GB (2x16gb) set of Crucial Ballistix DDR3600. The 3000 and 3200 version are only a few dollars less. And that seems to be the case for many brands. Additionally, the 3600 set from Crucial is so highly rated, its sold out for the next month. I managed to get the last set from B&H.

Supply seems to be causing everything to cost a bit more, but also less price separation between different specs.

I just bought a 32GB (2x16gb) set of Crucial Ballistix DDR3600. The 3000 and 3200 version are only a few dollars less. And that seems to be the case for many brands. Additionally, the 3600 set from Crucial is so highly rated, its sold out for the next month. I managed to get the last set from B&H.
Just received these for my machine a week ago from Amazon. Couldn't be happier; rated 3600 CL16, bumped them up to 3800CL16 without raising voltages. No issues.

Just received these for my machine a week ago from Amazon. Couldn't be happier; rated 3600 CL16, bumped them up to 3800CL16 without raising voltages. No issues.
Sweet! I'm gonna try out a couple of configurations. Gonna see if I can get them to 4000. But Also gonna see if I can stay at 3600 and lower the timings or maybe even drop down to 3400 or something. The micron RAM in these isn't known for super low timings. But I want to play with it and see. However, it is known to clock up high. You could probably get 4000 if you bump to 1.4v. Maybe even higher than 4000....!

LoL. Demand is so high on this set, Amazon is now offering an import from their UK supply, with the full US return policy.

https://www.amazon.com/Crucial-Ballistix-Desktop-Gaming-BL2K16G32C16U4B/dp/B083TRXZ98/ref=sr_1_4?dchild=1&keywords=crucial+ballistix+3600+32gb&qid=1615500520&s=electronics&sr=1-4&th=1

Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
We're up 50% now from December. I hope this is peak season, cause this is insane.

Back