Is there a good strategy to getting a 6700xt?

Update: they just emailed me 20 minutes ago to say I was not selected. So both winners and losers get notified.

I've been buying from Newegg for over 20 years. I've never even heard of this "shuffle". WTF.

I've been buying from Newegg for over 20 years. I've never even heard of this "shuffle". WTF.
It's fairly new. It's for the high demand, low volume stuff like video cards and PS5s.

It's fairly new. It's for the high demand, low volume stuff like video cards and PS5s.
Thanks. Doing a search on Newegg of "shuffle" gives nothing but ipod hits.

How do you access it?

I am a bit confused about how these cards are selling out so fast even for folks like me who were sitting at their computer at the exact launch time. Because by last evening there were already 6700s selling on ebay for over $1000. Are people writing some sort of computer code in order to buy cards the split second a website has them available? If so, is it possible for a mortal human like me (not a computer engineer) to reproduce someone else's code and do the same thing? Just to buy one 6700 xt for myself to be used for gaming, no mining or other shenigans.

I am a bit confused about how these cards are selling out so fast even for folks like me who were sitting at their computer at the exact launch time. Because by last evening there were already 6700s selling on ebay for over $1000. Are people writing some sort of computer code in order to buy cards the split second a website has them available? If so, is it possible for a mortal human like me (not a computer engineer) to reproduce someone else's code and do the same thing? Just to buy one 6700 xt for myself to be used for gaming, no mining or other shenigans.
Yes. There are bots you can buy to do it. They been around long before GPUs.

Is it possible? In theory, sure.
Folks use bots - programs that are coded - to check availability and purchase cards. There are also livestreams on YT and elsewhere that check inventory 24/7 across all online sellers (Newegg, AMD, BB, AZ, etc..) and give off audible signal when anything becomes available with a direct link to purchase. If you're casually going to different websites and pressing F5 even every couple of minutes, you're way behind the curve. Yea, I didn't get meself a 6700 XT either, though I was up and pressing F5 on AMD site starting at 8:55 AM EST yesterday.
I've heard that some of the bots are also coded to bypass security features designed to slow down the rush, such as BB's wait countdown and AMD's refresh timeout feature. So yea, the deck is stacked heavily against the homo sapiens.

Folks that already have 6700's listed on fleaBay are those that purchased them at Microcenter B&M store. MC only sells GPUs in store, not online, so you're only competing against folks willing to drive to the store, not the entire world. You would've had to be at the store some time before it opened on 3/18 though, as usually there's a line forming outside for such evens these days.

Okay, so then I need a bot in order to get a new videocard. I hope this is not a rules violation but I will therefore ask: where would one obtain a "bot" for my legitimate purpose? Do I have to buy it? Could I copy code from a website perhaps? I assume the platform matters. I am just a regular guy running Windows 10 64-bit home.

Regarding brick and mortar stores: I live in the SF Bay Area close to San Jose. We used to have a Microcenter here but it closed down years ago. Would it be worth a try to look for rumors of videocards coming in stock to Bestbuy and then camping out in front of that store before it opens?

Okay, so then I need a bot in order to get a new videocard. I hope this is not a rules violation but I will therefore ask: where would one obtain a "bot" for my legitimate purpose? Do I have to buy it? Could I copy code from a website perhaps? I assume the platform matters. I am just a regular guy running Windows 10 64-bit home.
there was one available on reddit the other day. it may have gotten taken down by now but it was written buy a guy for single use just as in what you are describing.

Ordering within the first 10 seconds of launch netted me a 6700xt reference card at MSRP. I'd have preferred the 6800xt I've had on order since the start of Jan to show up (I don't expect it to show up), but this will do to replace my tiring GTX1080.

Ordering within the first 10 seconds of launch netted me a 6700xt reference card at MSRP. I'd have preferred the 6800xt I've had on order since the start of Jan to show up (I don't expect it to show up), but this will do to replace my tiring GTX1080.
Congratulations. I tried this but failed. It never let me add to cart on AMD website, as the website kept going down. Almost succeeded on Bestbuy.com though.

I think there’s less bots in Australia. MSRP cards lasted for about 1-2 minutes here. After that it was just the pre priced jacked Asus/gigabyte cards.

If you’re totally desperate the stores here *might* ship internationally. There’s some USD $730-770 aftermarket cards still around. (You’d have to get them to remove the 10% sales tax).

If I were seeking a 3000 or 6000 series card to build a computer with now I would use fairgame. I would also enter the shuffle every chance I got.

Beyond the use of automation and the shuffle, if you have the time and it's practical, you can set brobot and snail monitor up for alerts and try to get something that way. Eventually it should be possible and it should not take several months.

Using the above methods I've been able to get (2) 6900XT (3) 6800XT and (1) 5700XT. Pricing for these ranged from near MSRP up to over 1250$ for the 6900XT. Some of these cards were sold to friends at cost for gaming, the 6900XT is in use for gaming and mining in my computer. A couple are in a dedicated mining computer right now.

I have Octoshop set for instant alerts in Chrome browser. Just set it up a couple of days ago. So maybe that will result in getting a 6700 xt.

Sapphire 6700XT at MC Madison Heights Mi, for only $749! Even they are marking these up. Sad times. "I remember when mid range cards were $250-350". Chip shortage lasting into next year, yeah this is going to be rough on our hobby. :(

If I were seeking a 3000 or 6000 series card to build a computer with now I would use fairgame. I would also enter the shuffle every chance I got.

Beyond the use of automation and the shuffle, if you have the time and it's practical, you can set brobot and snail monitor up for alerts and try to get something that way. Eventually it should be possible and it should not take several months.

Using the above methods I've been able to get (2) 6900XT (3) 6800XT and (1) 5700XT. Pricing for these ranged from near MSRP up to over 1250$ for the 6900XT. Some of these cards were sold to friends at cost for gaming, the 6900XT is in use for gaming and mining in my computer. A couple are in a dedicated mining computer right now.
Have you had any luck with the fairgame bot? I had it running for days and didn't get anything. I guess setting my limits at $1200 for a 6900XT, $1000 for 3xxx cards, and $700 for 5700xt's could be too low though.

Have you had any luck with the fairgame bot? I had it running for days and didn't get anything. I guess setting my limits at $1200 for a 6900XT, $1000 for 3xxx cards, and $700 for 5700xt's could be too low though.
The era of Fairgame still being effective kinda ended early-February, there's just too great a collective effort gunning for GPU's now, between the proliferation of free and paid bots, plus hundreds of thousands of humans tuned in to various alert channels. So a brute force freeware bot isn't going to hit 99.99% of amazon drops anymore except by some insane lucky timing. You also should only be running 1 ASIN per Fairgame instance, not to or three, or your chance of success decreases exponentially.

Finally, to research what the going "Sold by Amazon" prices are, and therefore what you should set your max-price to, install the "Keepa" chrome/firefox plugin to see historical price data right on the amazon product page.

There is no winning strategy now other than dumb luck. I literally saw DOZENS of notifications come up tonight and clicked on each one less than 5 seconds after I saw it. IMMEDIATELY out of stock. This was on brobot, one of the fastest notification discords.

All of newegg's stuff or nearly all is going to bots now. There is no way humans can run it out of stock in less than 5 seconds.

There is no winning strategy now other than dumb luck. I literally saw DOZENS of notifications come up tonight and clicked on each one less than 5 seconds after I saw it. IMMEDIATELY out of stock. This was on brobot, one of the fastest notification discords.

All of newegg's stuff or nearly all is going to bots now. There is no way humans can run it out of stock in less than 5 seconds.
Agreed. The notifications would work if humans were doing the buying once notified. But bots are used for notifications, and other bots are used for the purchasing. They are too fast. It's awful.

The Sapphire 6700xt just came up on the Octoshop chrome extension. On sale at newegg.com for the low, low price of only $1999.99. I think I will pass:)

0 for 7 now on the shuffle. Might as well keep trying because who knows, I may finally win after a few hundred more tries. :p

Well, I finally won a New Egg Shuffle..

.. and I passed on it. Ridiculous.
875ED03C-0285-4474-AF9A-79A2A241F46F.png

best bet for AMD cards right now is AMD.com's drops which they do once a week/3 times per month. Real people get cards, so its not to be ignored.

best bet for AMD cards right now is AMD.com's drops which they do once a week/3 times per month. Real people get cards, so its not to be ignored.
I didn't believe it either, until I managed to catch one of the drops last month (recreationally, I'm not in the market to buy) and saw 6900XT for $999 become available for a couple minutes. AMD ref cards are out there at MSRP for the determined.

I didn't believe it either, until I managed to catch one of the drops last month (recreationally, I'm not in the market to buy) and saw 6900XT for $999 become available for a couple minutes. AMD ref cards are out there at MSRP for the determined.
About 3 weeks ago, I was alternating between two computers at work, trying to get something to add to cart on AMD.com. And a guy who sits across from me got an RX6800 no problem. Heheh.

A couple of people here, got cards from the last drop.

So, you joined the shuffle after seeing the price before entering and decided to join anyways just to not buy?
I was in a hurry, and just check mark every box I could fill out.

Honestly, this combo crap that New Egg unloads in their “shuffle” is a bunch of crap. Not to mention selling cards like the 6700 XT for waaaay more than they should be going for.

At this point it seems like you have to settle for a pre-built and reselling the parts you dont need.

I was in a hurry, and just check mark every box I could fill out.

Honestly, this combo crap that New Egg unloads in their “shuffle” is a bunch of crap. Not to mention selling cards like the 6700 XT for waaaay more than they should be going for.

The prices are right there in the box you check. It's not like they give you 2 hours to hurry you.

Back