Is the RTX 4090 FE vaporware?

I think my method of walking into a computer store, seeing a video card I liked and buying it on the spot was a much better use of my time than trying to get the 4090FE Indiana Jones Adventure edition.

If anyone does manage to get a 4090FE, post up if the fan is not wobbly/crooked or making weird noises.
I barely hear the fan, it normally runs at 40% or less.

1. Search for "4090" on the BB app. Not "RTX 4090", or anything else.

2. After the results show up, click the "In store at (your store location)" tab on the upper left.

3. You will either see "No products found" (the vast majority of the time obviously), or a card will show. It will be labeled as "Sold Out". However, this indicates the item is physically at the location.

4. At this point, go to the store that shows the item. Get there early and try to speak to an employee, preferably a manager. The card should be there, however it MAY not be in their store inventory. If they can't find it on the computer, have the manager look for the box. It could still be on the truck. Be firm and hodl the line, as some have reported shady behavior from BB employees who want to hide the card. I had no issues personally.

Good luck!

Been using the app and searching every weekday for just over a week. Finally one popped up at my local store, went there this morning right at store opening and got it. Can confirm this method does indeed work.

Attachments

• 20221107_101629.jpg
    20221107_101629.jpg
    529.5 KB · Views: 0
At this point even if it’s readily available I’m not interested enough to buy it before seeing AMDs actual performance and nvidias response. I have a feeling there’s going to be a 4080Ti slotting into the 4080s price point.

At this point even if it’s readily available I’m not interested enough to buy it before seeing AMDs actual performance and nvidias response. I have a feeling there’s going to be a 4080Ti slotting into the 4080s price point.

I mean Bestbuy currently has holiday return period that extends all the way until Jan 14th 2023 so it's not like I'm locked into the 4090, at least not until Jan 15th of next year. Figured I might as well just pick it up since the opportunity came but I can always return it for the 7900 XTX if it's a better product.

I mean Bestbuy currently has holiday return period that extends all the way until Jan 14th 2023 so it's not like I'm locked into the 4090, at least not until Jan 15th of next year. Figured I might as well just pick it up since the opportunity came but I can always return it for the 7900 XTX if it's a better product.
Yeah but would you have to pay the restocking fee?

Been using the app and searching every weekday for just over a week. Finally one popped up at my local store, went there this morning right at store opening and got it. Can confirm this method does indeed work.
Safety First! Always buckle up!

I have the 4090 FE.
The fan is quiet. I game with headphones but even so, the fan seems to max out around 50%. Temps hold at 60 even while benchmarking.

At this point in time, does anyone have any suggestions for finding a 4090 Founders Edition? I'm still getting by with my 3090, but would like to upgrade.

At this point in time, does anyone have any suggestions for finding a 4090 Founders Edition? I'm still getting by with my 3090, but would like to upgrade.
Best Buy (which has regional stock, thank God) had 4090 drops all morning (10AM MST to about 1130 MST). Managed to snag a FE. I used with it on-screen so the stock alert links would be there (having it off screen will cause the chat to fast scroll, eventually getting to the chat links).

Also snagged a 4090 FE from BB today. Been trying since launch, feels good to finally get one.

Just got a 4090 FE from Best Buy. Looks like there has been a couple of drops that lasted for 2 minutes so far today. I saw a blue bar that says "see details". I was able to add it to cart but it then told me it was sold out. I kept on adding it to the cart anyways and after 4 attempts in finally worked.

Back