Is the 2nd slot on the ROG STRIX B550-F GAMING going to "Cripple' my RTX 3070 realistically?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LGabrielPhoto

2[H]4U
So turns out the case I will be using, will be blocking the first PCIe slot.... (silverstone DG11).
I was wondering if the 2nd slot will crippled my 3070 or if realistically, I will be fine.

Thanks

3.0 x4 mode so def not ideal.. not sure how big of a hit that will be but very limited bus compared to the x16 4.0

What CPU?
I'd venture out on YouTube and see if there are any samples of scaling with 4.0 vs 3.0 and your particular setup (CPU/GPU)

What CPU?
I'd venture out on YouTube and see if there are any samples of scaling with 4.0 vs 3.0 and your particular setup (CPU/GPU)
Thing is its not just that its running at 3.0 speeds its actually only an x4 bandwidth x16 slot @ 3.0 speeds. To me that sounds a lot like PCIX 1.0 x16 speeds or similar

Thing is its not just that its running at 3.0 speeds its actually only an x4 bandwidth x16 slot @ 3.0 speeds. To me that sounds a lot like PCIX 1.0 x16 speeds or similar
yeah thats the concerning part, that it is not just 3.0 but x4 I am going to change to a x570 mobo then instead and play it safe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back