Is it possible to turn off individual ecores 12th or 13th gen?

xDiVolatilX

2[H]4U
So my question is is it possible to turn off individual efficiency cores? Meaning not either turn all of them off all of them on all together?

Probably depends on the motherboard bios. MSI has a per core efficiency core shut off for example.

Peer-E-Core-Control.jpg

Probably depends on the motherboard bios. MSI has a per core efficiency core shut off for example.

View attachment 534032
Sob I just moved away from an MSI board to the Z790 Aorus Master lol
I was considering getting a 13900ks and turning off all the e cores except maybe like 4 of them. It's an entertainment rig the 8 cores with hyper threads is enough even the 4 e cores like my 12700 is more than enough. I figured I can save some voltage and overhead and heat by turning off most of them to boost the p core clocks up a bit more know what I mean? 16 e cores is beyond rediculous for me lol.

I would be surprised if there was mobo without ability to limit number of e-cores.

BTW. If you want to reduce power consumption (read: temperature) at full load then its better to disable Hyper Threading than e-cores.

I would be surprised if there was mobo without ability to limit number of e-cores.

BTW. If you want to reduce power consumption (read: temperature) at full load then its better to disable Hyper Threading than e-cores.
Very good information. Thank you, appreciate it. I will do just that.

Back