Is it just me or......

man00

Limp Gawd
It's been a while since I thrown together a desktop system, and how things have changed.
examples....fan not spinning on video card (thought card was bad) card was fine, fan turns on when needed
flashing leds on memory sticks
One bad thing to me was how the quality of motherboard ( or least mine Gigabyte z590) not talking performance wise
but the fit and finish. When I was done my fingers looked like Edward Scissorhands got a hold of me
Anyway it runs fine...have no idea what all the settings do in bios...got to catch up on these

Last edited:
Maybe didn't move his finger out of the way before clasping down the LGA processor lever?

It's been a while since I thrown together a desktop system, and how things have changed.
examples....fan not spinning on video card (thought card was bad) card was fine, fan turns on when needed
flashing leds on memory sticks
One bad thing to me was how the quality of motherboard ( or least mine Gigabyte z590) not talking performance wise
but the fit and finish. When I was done my fingers looked like Edward Scissorhands got a hold of me
Anyway it runs fine...have no idea what all the settings do in bios...got to catch up on these
Which board are we talking about? The lower end Z590 boards may not be all that great, but the upper end from all the major manufacturers are really nice. Far nicer than a lot of the most popular boards of the olden days.

What about the "fit and finish" though? They are still the same size so dunno what happened to his fingers.

Maybe didn't move his finger out of the way before clasping down the LGA processor lever?
My guess is the board (which I didn't look up) may have sharp edges on VRM heatsinks or whatever? I know a lot of boards I see have half the board covered in some rocketship-esque hard edged baloney.

My guess is the board (which I didn't look up) may have sharp edges on VRM heatsinks or whatever? I know a lot of boards I see have half the board covered in some rocketship-esque hard edged baloney.
It's more likely the solder joints on the back of the board. Those will hurt you far faster than anything else. Sometimes the edge of the PCB's on budget boards are pretty rough and they can do a number on you as well. For better or for worse, that "rocketship-esque baloney" as you call it makes the boards more durable and easier to handle. You are far less likely to ESD zap yourself or cut yourself on them. Nicely machined VRM heat sinks won't snag on stuff as easily either.

The only real downside to this stuff is cost.

Yeah on mine it was both power connection point on the board, edges was razor sharp. I thought my PSU cable were maybe bad because it was very hard to make the connection.
I tried the cables (from psu) on another board and easily plugged in....I'm not calling the newer boards junk

Back