Is it just me or AMD bugs?

Ramspeed

n00b
Is it just me or.. are Threadripper mobo´s / CPU´s somehow buggy?
Somehow i´ve got the feeling that Threadripper systems, don´t run as smooth as they should.
Even with all QVL compatible hardware, something doesn't feel smooth.
Or the Mobo can´t handle the CPU on it´s bios Auto settings OR..
the Threadrippers have a kind of bug?
Threadrippers (1920X & 2950X) doesn´t feel to run smooth enough.
And the overclocking part cost's a decade.
If you change any speed setting in the bios, you are doomed to change many other settings tooooo if you want a stable system.
Why are all BIOS-es still so StoneAged in 2021 ?
They made them only a little tiny fancier but the software is still the same fossil.

Why not a minimal pre-boot OS, that automatic adjusts all the linked Auto-settings,...the right way.
If you change setting X1, then setting X2, X3, X4.....will also be adjusted as soon you change X1. But the right way of course.
Today we still have to change so many other values tooo... the Bios is still the same mess as 20 yrs before.
Every hardware restart after overclocking,....in stead of a software restart, that first check's if all the settings are correct.
Then a restart-like-thing of the Windows Explorer process.
After this quick restart and all settings are checked and approved, (all other Auto-settings of the bios),,,,then a real hardware-restart takes place and loads your OS.

(((( ps: if this is a wonderful idea, and you get rich, ....share some with me ok? :LOL:)))

turn on pbo, lower the voltage a tiny bit and call it a day. make sure you have the chipset drivers installed. thats all threadripper needs.

Reactions: travm
like this
turn on pbo, lower the voltage a tiny bit and call it a day. make sure you have the chipset drivers installed. thats all threadripper needs.
That's almost all a TR needs, proper cooling should be added. They are 180 watt processors.

As for the OP, wtf is buggy? What are we comparing the TR to? What's it doing that it doesn't seem right? What mobo we dealing with here?

Back