Is it fried?

Hamel

n00b
After a year of saving I purchased a Gigabyte 3080ti OC. System 1 year old.
Z390 Gigabyte Aorus Master, Thermaltake AIO water cooled, Thermaltake 1050W PSU, etc etc.
Used 2 x 8 pin pcie cables to PSU.
3080 is only week old. System all stock. Two hours into Elite Dangerous the GPU fans spun crazy and BSOD. Had to hard shutdown. Now will not post and red VGA led on motherboard is on. Tried in another computer no change. System boots fine with old graphics card. RMA???

Well hopefully just defective card and not something I’m not applying. Reading about some games boosting 3000 cards to impossible FPS, popping noises and using FPS limiters and undervolting card. Suppose with the lockdowns causing huge mail delays I’ve got time to research.

Well hopefully just defective card and not something I’m not applying. Reading about some games boosting 3000 cards to impossible FPS, popping noises and using FPS limiters and undervolting card. Suppose with the lockdowns causing huge mail delays I’ve got time to research.
It does sounds a lot like what I read over and over again about the 3090 cards and new world.

Update: from RMA card was defective. Did not specify what was defective but new card on the way. Fingers crossed no problems this time.
sounds troublesome.. i have a gigabyte 3080ti as well.. hope i don't run into something like this lol would have been nice if they told you what was 'defective' about it.

Hey Hamal, I think my Aorus 3080 xtreme does this, it will play games and then randomly screen goes blank, gpu fans 100%, a couple disconnect/reconnect noise, game still plays in background, have to hard reset.

How long did your RMA process take? Thinking about sending mine in. I can manipulate the gpu power in afterburner on games that do not need the power. The newer games dont have a problem.

Back