Is Firefox Going Down the Drain?

Flybye

Limp Gawd
More and more I've noticed some sites not loading properly or parts of websites never loading at all. One example is a little gif in a site blowing itself up on the entire page. The page looks fine if I paste the link in Chrome. I come across sites doing weird things maybe once every few days or so. Not too irritating, but I am noticing more often.

Firefox is up to date. I have zero plugins, and the only extension I have is an adblocker which I also tested the sites with the blocker off.

I've been thinking of just uninstalling and reinstalling Firefox, but I am now wondering if it is time to move on?

I vacillate between chrome and FF daily, and haven't noticed any issues with FF loading sites. Both eat up memory, and both do well with closing down and an occasional reboot.

Alright thx! I guess I'll just have to do a deep cleaning of it one of these days. I've been with Firefox since the early 2000s, and I would hate to stop using it.

More and more I've noticed some sites not loading properly or parts of websites never loading at all. One example is a little gif in a site blowing itself up on the entire page. The page looks fine if I paste the link in Chrome. I come across sites doing weird things maybe once every few days or so. Not too irritating, but I am noticing more often.

Firefox is up to date. I have zero plugins, and the only extension I have is an adblocker which I also tested the sites with the blocker off.

I've been thinking of just uninstalling and reinstalling Firefox, but I am now wondering if it is time to move on?

Not really but it could.

I am honestly more interested in *less* features. All these bloated browsers when all I need is a toolbar to type URLs in that is secure and minimal.

Back