Is anyone using a 12VHPWR Cable Mod cable?

Comixbooks

Fully [H]
I never bought one in my life but I think I would like to get a White 12VHPWR but with the recent melting episode not sold on it.
I have a EVGA PSU but could switch it out with a Corsair PSU and use their cable.

Update: I picked up two 850 Watt PSUs wasn't sure what to get so I got a EVGA P5 and a Corsair is in Storage but the one with a beveled Edge.

https://usstore.cablemod.com/produc...wr-pci-e-cable-for-evga-g7-g6-g5-g3-g2-p2-t2/

Last edited:
I'm interested in the same question. What power supplies are you using?

Also are you going to buy a 3x8 to 16 pin cable? I don't see any 4x8 to 16pin cables on cablesmods website?

If your power supplies don't have the native port for the 16pin then you need the 4x8 to 16 pin for the 4090?

My MSI Gaming X 4090 only came with a 3x8 to 16 in the box wtf? Not all 4090s come with the 4x8?

Link to the cablemod 4x8 to 16 pin product? I can't find it.

Last edited:
I'm interested in the same question. What power supplies are you using?

Also are you going to buy a 3x8 to 16 pin cable? I don't see any 4x8 to 16pin cables on cablesmods website?

If your power supplies don't have the native port for the 16pin then you need the 4x8 to 16 pin for the 4090?

My MSI Gaming X 4090 only came with a 3x8 to 16 in the box wtf? Not all 4090s come with the 4x8?

Link to the cablemod 4x8 to 16 pin product? I can't find it.
The Corsair video I watched said all you need is 2 8 Pin connectors, the 3rd is just redundancy, 4 would just be double redundancy I'd guess..

found the vid and here they are talking about the power the 2 8pins can supply, 702 watts.

Yeah I think Cable Mod cables are just x3 an x4 connectors they might have a x2 connector that I missed.

I ordered a 4x8 pin from cablemod. The US cablemod website only has the 3x8 pin so you have to order it from their global website.

I have an EVGA 1600 T2 so plenty of headroom to power the card. I'm curious how the cable will effect my current overclock compared with the adapter. Im assuming it shouldn't but you never know.

Does it matter that you are using a ATX 2.0 ps?
Why do they recommend a 3.0?
I ordered a 4x8 pin from cablemod. The US cablemod website only has the 3x8 pin so you have to order it from their global website.

I have an EVGA 1600 T2 so plenty of headroom to power the card. I'm curious how the cable will effect my current overclock compared with the adapter. Im assuming it shouldn't but you never know.

Just ordered a seasonic gx vertex 1200. Backordered till Jan 31 so I'll need to wait a couple weeks. Should be worth the wait.

I have the cablemod cable with 4 pcie connectors for Seasonic. It's fine. Waiting on the right angled adapter tho before I can put the side of the case back on.

1674578390822.png

I think those are just what keeps the wires bundled. I haven't tried spacing them out which I think is their purpose.

I have one out for delivery today see if I like it I got white think it will clash good with my MSI Suprim card which has a silver white top.
My biggest fear the white cables might be too hard to hide but I really don't care if it comes with moveable sleeves should looks ok.
Maybe power delivery will be better with a direct connection more stable.

Sleeve guards kinda dictate how the cable bends. Let's see if this melts my 4080 going to run Superposition have a 850 watt Evga P5

IMG_20230129_101240109.jpg

Good as I'm going to get it used a zip tie on the bottom to pull the excess cable out of the way.

IMG_20230129_104951948.jpg

Last edited:
Benchmark for Superposition went up 2,000 points it could of been a Nvidia Driver update from a few days ago but I think it's the direct connection with the cables

Is this the $100 one? Or the $30 one?
It was $20 or $30. None should cost $100, that sounds like you are looking at the complete cable kit for a PSU, so a kit with the 12vhpwr cable plus the sata power cables, motherboard power cable, CPU power cable, etc.
Yeah, just looked. The $99.99 one has:
Here’s what you get inside the package:

1 x 24-pin ATX cable (60cm)
1 x 8-pin EPS cable (75cm)
1 x 4+4 pin EPS cable (75cm)
1 x 16-pin to 16-pin PCI-e cable (60cm) (Native 12vhpwr)
1 x 16-pin to 3 x 8-pin PCI-e cable (60cm) (12vhpwr)
1 x Quad SATA cable (85cm)
1 x Dual SATA cable (50cm)
1 x Dual Molex cable (50cm)

1 x Cable shroud
2 x 8-pin Hybrid cable combs
2 x 4-pin Hybrid cable combs

They could use a little clarification in the descriptions... When they say 16-pin, they are talking 12vhpwr, which is technically 16 pin when the sense pins are counted. They should state 12vhpwr next to the "16 pin" description.

Last edited:
I grabbed the corsair one for my PSU. the one that came with my 4070TI would not stay connected. kept disconnecting and losing the GPU. very frustrating. No disconnects with the new cable.

https://www.neweggbusiness.com/product/product.aspx?item=9b-12-304-112
I got a cable just like this directly from asus. i like it more than the stock adapter as it’s much slimmer in profile and allows me to close my case. It’s been rock solid, no issues. Pc is on 24/7 and I have been gaming daily on it so the temps have been cranking.

Been using the Cable Mod Cable for over two months no hitches as far looks good while doing the job.
I might get another for my Corsair PSU benchmarks actually went up after I installed it by quite alot.

PC.jpg

I'm rocking the Corsair cable that you have to order separately. It's way more rigid than any other cable I have, but it it does lock into place very securely. It also (luckily) fits into my 5000D Airflow without pressing against the side panel. It's VERY close, though. Even a few millimeters more and it might.

I have one out for delivery today see if I like it I got white think it will clash good with my MSI Suprim card which has a silver white top.
My biggest fear the white cables might be too hard to hide but I really don't care if it comes with moveable sleeves should looks ok.
Maybe power delivery will be better with a direct connection more stable.
I use the white cable mod kit for my PSU very well made and worth the expense.

Attachments

• IMG_0862.jpg
    IMG_0862.jpg
    491.2 KB · Views: 1

Fasgear PCIe 5.0 GPU Power Cable Sleeved 70cm 16pin(12+4) 12VHPWR Male for 4080 4090, 3x8pin(6+2) PCI-e Male Compatible for ASUS EVGA Seasonic Modular Power Supply​

(16AWG, Black)​

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0BN1F9HJX?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details

View attachment 553984
I have the same cable but the three lead extension version. Like 25ish bucks on amazon.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0B7MGTY56

Nice high quality cable!

(yeah that swoop...but it allows the least bend at the end.. just leaving it)

EBA543C3-950A-4751-83EA-55F82E5586D2.jpeg

Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Back