Is anyone else getting massive stuttering on a Ryzen 7000 series chip with two CCDs when using DLSS or frame generation?

Sprung

Weaksauce
If I don't enable those features I get no settings. If I use Ryzen Master to turn off the 2nd CCD the stuttering goes away. The games behave otherwise with both CCDs enabled.

Did you install the new AMD chipset drivers? IIRC, it's required for multi-CCD X3D chips. It also sets the windows power mode to balanced so that the non-X3D CCD can be parked while gaming.

Gamers Nexus had the steps in their 7950X3D review on Youtube. You may want to check it.

Did you install the new AMD chipset drivers? IIRC, it's required for multi-CCD X3D chips. It also sets the windows power mode to balanced so that the non-X3D CCD can be parked while gaming.

Gamers Nexus had the steps in their 7950X3D review on Youtube. You may want to check it.
Thanks, that seems to have fixed the issue. I thought I had the newest chipset because I checked in Armory Crate and it did not show a new version. That is what I get for trusting the mobo vendor.

I don't understand why people buy high end hardware then use a crutch Nvidia created. If you have a RTX 2070 and you have a 4k display okay then I understand that makes sense. But why not enjoy a game that doesn't look fuzzy? Seriously Nvidia marketing is a powerful kool-aid.

A lot of users have reported failing to meet performance targets on machines that have been upgraded with these parts. They apparently like a clean install.

A lot of users have reported failing to meet performance targets on machines that have been upgraded with these parts. They apparently like a clean install.
If they had a dual CCD 7000 series chip and later upgraded to the 7800X3D without a clean windows install, they ran into the core parking issue that's been well documented by reviewers. Also, the new AMD chipset drivers are required for these new X3D chips to function properly - also well noted by reviewers.

Back