iOS 7 is out

Well, I'll have to delete some stuff on my phone, it requires 3.1gb free to start the install.

Installed iOS 7 earlier. No issues during install. I like the new OS so far and I'm happy it works with my Pioneer 'App radio' car stereo still.

Looks very different, but seems to work good.

eh, some of it I like, some of it I don't.

The things I like should have been there to start with.

I hate the home screen now, and the icons suck because most icons aren't flat.

It really is pretty ugly for an Apple product. You know what it looks like? PLASTIC!!!!

To kill running apps double click the home button as usual. Then drag the app upwards to the top of the screen.

iOS7 :rolleyes:
Crickets chirp ... chirp ... chirp...
Tumble weeds blowing

Isn't it what Android calls a "Theme" ?

I really like the new look. It's a little laggy at times, but it works great. I like the new app switcher, it's cool. Not quite sure if I want to put it on iPad yet, only the phone.

I played with it on my wifes iPhone. They sure made iOS7 more girlish and i completly agree that it took many many android features. Its the Android 4.1 that came out last year

Almost everything in iOS 7 was available YEARS ago if you jailbreak

It's funny how Apple steals features from others with no shame, yet they act like they invented it and sue everyone else.

Wish Google would patent all their stuff and sue the hell out of Apple for stealing things like notification center.

It's funny how Apple steals features from others with no shame, yet they act like they invented it and sue everyone else.

Wish Google would patent all their stuff and sue the hell out of Apple for stealing things like notification center.

Windows Mobile phones had things similar to notification center long before Google did.

I have an iPhone 5 and a Nexus 4. I don't see how iOS 7 looks like Android.

Windows Mobile phones had things similar to notification center long before Google did.

I have an iPhone 5 and a Nexus 4. I don't see how iOS 7 looks like Android.

This, you guys act like android really has done anything innovative. WinMo had that type of notification pull down ages before Android came out or was even conceived. Palm had the cards type multi tasking first android stole that and so did iOS. Hell most of the UI in android when it first was based on HTCs touchflo and touchflo 3d from WinMo. Wonder why? HTC did WinMo devices before they did android with google.
You guys act like iOS really stole from android when android steals everything from everyone else as well. So much blind Apple hate in here when Google is worse than Apple so much more worse than Apple. Hell Apple should just hire the people who make UI upgrades on the jailbreak scene because those are the people who really innovate. The thing that seperates Apple and Google is that the former lies and uses a reality distortion field for the weak and you know you will need lube upfront, the latter is completely hypocritical sneaky and will get you with your pants down and you wont have lube when they get you.

God I hate these topics always make me rant, mostly because of the blind Apple hate and the google can do no evil bs. MS might just be the best of them they just straight out dont care and you know well far ahead you will need some lube, no reality distortion field, no bs hypocrisy about do no evil.

Pretty much what Mister Natural said. Apple was borrowing from a whole host of UIs this time around (Android, webOS, Windows Phone, even Ubuntu), but Android owes a huge debt to iOS; Google was originally going to launch Android as a BlackBerry clone until Apple effectively showed how the UI should be done.

Besides, the hardcore Android fans say they won't use iOS because it doesn't do what Android does... and when it does implement some of those features, they promptly complain about copying. No pleasing some people, apparently.

I only use Android devices, and have never even owned an Apple product.

But I'm not obtuse enough to think that Apple is straight up copying Google to try and be like Android.
Each has their place, and as natural said, everyone copies from everyone.

Competition is a good thing, it will only make products better.

iPhone 5s Features, Hands On, First Impressions
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HNyIP19Y0o4

Chris says going from the 4S to the 5 was a real noticeable upgrade, mainly in performance being much faster smoother on the iPhone 5 over the 4S. But the 5S to the 5, feels no different to him, if anything he says iOS7 is holding it back, needs patching / updating because it is jaggy and slow in areas, and certain animations are off and conflicting with other things, just poor quality control not being fixed before final OS release. Chris feels lack of polish before final release is sad, and not typical of Apple, under Jobs this would not have been released like this.

Last edited:
Chris feels lack of polish before final release is sad, and not typical of Apple, under Jobs this would not have been released like this.

Finishing the product more before release costs more money, and that means lower profit margins, and we all know that Tim Cook isn't about that.

iPhone 5s Features, Hands On, First Impressions
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HNyIP19Y0o4

Chris says going from the 4S to the 5 was a real noticeable upgrade, mainly in performance being much faster smoother on the iPhone 5 over the 4S. But the 5S to the 5, feels no different to him, if anything he says iOS7 is holding it back, needs patching / updating because it is jaggy and slow in areas, and certain animations are off and conflicting with other things, just poor quality control not being fixed before final OS release. Chris feels lack of polish before final release is sad, and not typical of Apple, under Jobs this would not have been released like this.

He must have a short memory... both .0 versions of 6 and 5 sucked ass... 4 become decent after 4.3 came out.

While this may be true, most iPhone theft usually happens with strangers who seize the opportunity to grab the phone when the owner misplaces/loses it. Even the most tech savvy Joe will not be able to replicate what CCC has done in a scenario where someone leaves his iPhone on a fast food table. The odds of that person actually busting out his camera/camera phone to get the fingerprint, let alone actually finding a good fingerprint is pretty much impossibly small. The only time their method would work in the real world is when it is premeditated. Premeditated, carefully planned theft for smartphones is pretty low when we're talking about just a single average person's phone. Even then it is most likely someone you have a connection with, so they'll be easy to track for authorities. With that said also, if someone really wanted your information stored on your phone, they'll get it one way or the other, biometrics or not.

Was it ever in question that fingerprint readers could be broken by people motivated enough to make a fake finger?

hah, talk about using some extreme technology to break something not so extreme.

So its been confirmed a lot of (if not all) services on the iPhone is done on ARM64 now, which isn't too surprising but shows a lot of good performances. If they were needed at all.

Last edited:
Back