iOS 14+ wifi problems

$trapped

Limp Gawd
I have a 7th gen ipad (base model) and ever since installing iOS14 my wifi consistently drops out. I was hoping 14.0.1 then 14.1 would fix it but nothing I have tried has worked. I've also noticed my old iphone 5c fluctuates between my wifi and my cellular network. All the other wireless devices in the house have zero issues so I am wondering if anyone else is having these issues and what, if anything, has genuinely fixed them. The phone hasn't received updates for a long time so I am at a loss as to why that would be having the same issues as the ipad. The router was updated a few months ago and I've already turned off/unplugged it more than once with no help. Suggestions welcome.

14.1 is a steaming pile of crap. I feel your pain. I have a 6S Plus that now runs @100% all the time & drops battery power from 100 to 60 in 3 hours. I've done a wipe, a restore from both icloud and itunes to no avail. Not to mention CarPlay is essentially unusable because it now constantly reports "no signal" and fall flat on its face while constantly reconnecting to the network.

Sorry but I don't have any suggestions as I'm at a loss myself =/

I’ve tried every possible thing from changing dns settings to restoring the device. I’m still under warranty so I‘m probably just going to return it.

On my devices, I had noticed that the "private address" option was enabled on every single saved network. I disabled this and things felt (unscientifically) better.

14.2 has released today. The one thing these "rapid" releases do is make sure people restart their phones more frequently.

Yeah, I literally tried everything the internet had to offer to fix it but nothing worked. I’m going to update and see if it doesn’t screw things up even more, lol.

Only been a few hours but so far so good. I haven’t turned “private address” back on or changed any other settings. I’ll wait to see what other’s experiences are before making any other changes.

Everything’s good now. I have a Netgear ac router with the most recent firmware.

Back