Intel's Raja Koduri Teases Xe-HP Accelerator

erek

[H]F Junkie
"Raja Koduri senior vice president, chief architect, and general manager of Architecture, Graphics, and Software at Intel Corporation has recently teased Intel's upcoming Xe-HP accelerator alongside its in production HC3 XG310 server card. The HC3 solution was Intel's first Xe-based product utilizing the Xe-LP architecture. The Intel Xe-LP products are Intel's lowest power efficiency optimized Xe processors while the Xe-HP products should offer improved performance and scaling. The upcoming Xe-HP accelerator appears to be a single-slot passively card with a single 8-pin power connector. Raja Koduri expects developers will begin receiving Xe-HP, Xe-HPG, and Xe-HPC products in 2021. He also declared that we are in the GPU golden age with new launches from NVIDIA, AMD, Intel, and Apple."

1607496594976.png

https://www.techpowerup.com/275733/intels-raja-koduri-teases-xe-hp-accelerator

Golden age eh? Two of those four don't matter especially to gamers.
And the other two are nearly impossible to get, is i think his point. Not sure I agree with either point, though.

And the other two are nearly impossible to get, is i think his point. Not sure I agree with either point, though.
At least with Xe-HPG, it would also be very supply constrained, since it is also TSMC.

Golden Age, eh?

Well, gold requires a lot of effort to obtain by miners...which, ironically enough, a vast percentage of freshly released GPU ASICs seem to be sold to crypto miners directly from the manufacturers (per the threads/discussions here at [H] that Kyle has participated in to let us know exactly why these GPU shortages in the consumer space are really occurring).

If Intel resists the urge to feed their new XE ASICs to the miners, then maybe consumers will actually have something to actually get their hands on.

Golden Age, eh?

Well, gold requires a lot of effort to obtain by miners...which, ironically enough, a vast percentage of freshly released GPU ASICs seem to be sold to crypto miners directly from the manufacturers (per the threads/discussions here at [H] that Kyle has participated in to let us know exactly why these GPU shortages in the consumer space are really occurring).

If Intel resists the urge to feed their new XE ASICs to the miners, then maybe consumers will actually have something to actually get their hands on.
Tin foil hat time here, but it's funny that there just happened to be a big value spike in crypto just in time for those 30 series launches.

Wasn't Raj the genius in charge of Vega? And that's why AMD showed him the door?
AMD basically gave him pocket change and some tin cans to produce a product. Given what resources he had at the time I think he did alright. NVidia just did a lot better the 1000 series were a phenomenal card set out the gate.

Well I'm curious what he can come up with then. But let's be real, Vega 64 doesn't exactly inspire confidence.

Radeon group was resource constrained while Raja was there, but his marketing and PR did not enhance the Radeon brand with consumers. It will be interesting to see what he can produce at Intel, but my hopes are not high for a gaming card.

Well I'm curious what he can come up with then. But let's be real, Vega 64 doesn't exactly inspire confidence.
Vega 64 was a very hot and extremely power demanding GPU that couldn't beat a GTX 1080, let alone a 1080 Ti. It was also very expensive as well, which didn't help. Vega 56 on the other hand was more manageable in power consumption and performed better than a GTX 1070, plus overclocking the Vega 56 or even flashing it into a Vega 64 was something that you could do. Unfortunately I can't because my Vega 56 is locked from turning into a Vega 64, but that doesn't mean you can't overclock the crap out of it with a power mod. Not that I would run a Vega 56 consuming that much power due to what kind of damage it could do to the GPU.

When are the gamer GPUs gonna come out? Id love an actual purchasable option for a change. Maybe Intel, who has more money than both nV and AMD combined can actually deliver GPUs.

Ahh, old Raja back to telling us how good something will be... if only he could ever prove what he said. So glad he left AMD. He may have been constrained on how much he could spend, but he sure wasn't shy about hyping up performance to let people down. He left a sour relationship with many people because he was not a very honest person. Even on a budget, he never really impressed but that may just be because he was a habitual liar than based on any real metrics. He's been flashing these XE things for almost a year now with nothing to back up any performance claims besides "it's the golden age for GPU's". More like they are going to release a low end card that is very meh. Will they eventually compete? Possibly. Will it be 1H of 2021... no.

Ahh, old Raja back to telling us how good something will be... if only he could ever prove what he said. So glad he left AMD. He may have been constrained on how much he could spend, but he sure wasn't shy about hyping up performance to let people down. He left a sour relationship with many people because he was not a very honest person. Even on a budget, he never really impressed but that may just be because he was a habitual liar than based on any real metrics. He's been flashing these XE things for almost a year now with nothing to back up any performance claims besides "it's the golden age for GPU's". More like they are going to release a low end card that is very meh. Will they eventually compete? Possibly. Will it be 1H of 2021... no.
Raja has no excuses this time - I'm sure Intel forked over tons of cash to his pet project.

He only had one thing to do and he messed it up, you wont see an Intel GPU for sell outside of a prebuilt OEM computer.

Back