Intel XTU Extreme Tuning Utility

xDiVolatilX

2[H]4U
https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/17881/intel-extreme-tuning-utility-intel-xtu.html

I just discovered this software today. Lmao. I've been OCing the good ol fashioned way for 20 years and I just see this now haha. Overclocking has never been so easy. Any reason not to run this vs going into the bios the traditional way? Because this is too easy lol maybe just use this to find the settings quickly then go into bios to set them? How do you guys do it? This just seems comically convenient.

XTU doesn't support my Intel CPU. Nice idea I guess, but the implementation is poor.

I used to use XTU to overclock Dell precision T3500s. The processors with unlocked multipliers would usually go to 4ghz. But that is the only real reason to use it. You can put a K processor in a Dell and overclock it like that

IMG_20221231_095822628.jpg

Look at the above shot. 12700kF on Z790 Aorus Master on Z5 C32-6000 RAM

Adaptive offset set in bios to -0.175
5ghz all cores set in bios
Running for over 20 mins
68 degrees %100 load all 12 cores plus hyper threading
177w power consumption
1.2v exactly

I just spent the mourning quickly tuning a bit and I love this board. Imagine what it can do in a 13900KS. Holding 5ghz is impressive for this Alder lake at only 1.2v. tuning goes a looooong way and this was just basic tuning.

I still do BIOS, but yeah XTU has come a long way!

I mainly use bios, then tweak with xtu after if I'm pushing an oc
I did it the opposite way. I found the numbers with XTU, then I just went and simply applied them in the BIOS. It saved me so much restart and retest time. I just used XTU while running Cinebench and I'm done in 1 mourning lol

Back